PS3 Reference TOOL Kit Arrives for the PS3 News Dev Team!

Discussion in 'PS3 Hacks / JailBreak' started by CJPC, Sep 3, 2009.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. red8316

red8316 Guest

Congrats! I'm sure you'll enjoy all the wicked awesomeness that comes from this TOOL. Thanks for sharing the news, its great to know people like you are out there trying to understand and push hardware beyond it's designed limits. Most importantly, have fun!!! :p

2. Transient

Transient Guest

That's awesome and I'm jealous. Mind you if I got my hands on one of those I'd sure end up missing a lot of sleep! :D

Congrats and good luck. Finally something to get excited about!

3. Kiriller

Kiriller Guest

Great news :) Hope you reach your goals point the whole ps3 community in to the correct direction.

Maybe your devs already had this thought, but, why not make a game like program, launches like a game, and i assume HV is not running at that time, and thats when you make the swap with another disk (game) sort of like swap majic?

or even from there, somehow downgrade or install a custom fw? or even just modify the fw? anywho just some thoughts i had while reading your article.

Best of luck and lets get this done!

4. tworok

tworok Guest

this is some hot news indeed.

we may still not be able to hack the ps3 with this TOOL, but at least you guys will manage to fully understand how the PS3 works, and that is definitely a BIG step in the right direction. :D

5. tvdbz431

tvdbz431 Guest

This is truly a great day for the PS3news dev team.

I hope if nothing else it finally answers some questions I am sure you have all had for some time now.

6. leuch3rd

leuch3rd Guest

First and foremost, congrats! This is truly epic news!

Not to be the 'debbie-downer' but if sony found out who owned this unit prior, couldnt they lock it out from the TOOL updates and whatnot? maybe im just being paranoid... lol

cheers and here's to the forthcoming 'checkmate' on that hypervisor crap

7. Shrink

Shrink Guest

BTW: Any news yet? Would be great to hear about the progress exploring it.

8. Squirt1000

Squirt1000 Guest

Awesome stuff, I hope you guys manage to gain something useful from owning this mahoosive chunk of sony goodness!! Good luck ;)

9. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Yea, that isn't an issue... the updates are usually internal leaks from multiple sources versus updating the TOOL directly from Sony. :cool:
    I wouldn't expect 'daily' updates... he just got it, is grabbing some required files needed for testing and then will begin exploring what can be done with it.

Based on talking to CJPC and bearing any 'breaking news' discovered with it, I would say to expect updates on a weekly/bi-weekly etc basis depending on their progress made and of course CJ's freetime.

Like most others here, he starts up classes again and has to make time for "real life" stuff too.. so he/the Devs aren't hacking away at it 24/7 lol! :p

In my opinion the hardest part is done- we now have a PS3 TOOL at the Devs disposal and it's not going anywhere, so basically just let them do what they do best with no pressure. Rest assured, when there is news/progress... they will share it!

10. AKmania

AKmania Guest

Congratulations for the Dev Team to make such a big improvement. just hope this is going smoothly. Take your time bro. :tup:

11. Pcsx2006

Pcsx2006 Guest

Awesome wicked cool

Congratulations to CJPC and whole PS3 News DEV team for getting this montress piece of hardware.. i hope this could be really helpful for you guys.

12. CJPC

CJPC Guest

Actually - expect an update tonight, have some nice high-res pics and some other info that I will post some news on later in the evening!

13. tichua

tichua Guest

I got a DECR-1000A recently and I got the exact screen whenever I boot the system up. I can press the PS button to popup the XMB but when I press quit game, the screen go dark and nothing happens. Please let me know how to boot into XMB mode like you guys did on the youtube video.

Thanks

14. Where can I find these Dev unit kit?

15. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

There are some links on Ebay, for example:
    Code:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-DECR-1000A-PlayStation-3-PS3-Reference-Tool-Development-Kit-Devkit-/172148981271

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DECR-1400A-Sony-devtool-PS3-development-reference-tool-RARE-ps-3-POWERS-UP-/252333914385

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Playstation-3-Reference-Tool-DECR-1000A-With-Some-Accessories-/321968835731

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Playstation-3-Reference-Tool-DECR-1000A-With-Full-Set-of-Accessories-/321964969738

16. LUIZ00987

LUIZ00987 Guest

This is so nice! I wish I could have one of these too, but it`s too expensive, and I don`t see any reason for me to have one of these, as I am not a developer and I am from Brazil, so actually one of these reference tools here would be twice the price you paid