PS3 Reference TOOL Kit Arrives for the PS3 News Dev Team!

Discussion in 'PS3 Hacks / JailBreak' started by CJPC, Sep 3, 2009.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. semitope

semitope Guest

Sony has to sign anything that is intended to run on the ps3 so even if he made a game or some app, it would not just simply work. Swap magic works because the SM disc is seen as an authentic ps2 disc by the ps2/ps3, so for him to make a sm bluray disc he'd need to be able to print proper discs which he cant (just my noob guess).

I doubt we will see much soon but at least they have more to work with now.

2. cfwprophet

cfwprophet Guest

Pop goes the weasel :p

The Key of this reference Tool is:
    if a dever could find a way around the LV1 than no signing will be needed and there for we could use HB without the Retail-Key and it WILL work.

Why? The hypervisior scans for the signing, No HV = No signing needed....

....and so On

3. Warrorar

Warrorar Guest

very good news :)

i hope you will find what you are looking for.

4. tilla

tilla Guest

Ah I remember these bad boys from when I was in the QA department at EA. Had one running NFS Carbon and another as a foot rest :p

5. sharks

sharks Guest

this tool, if used right, could be incredibly informative. the ps3 has been secretive for too long. it's time to break the 3 years of silence!

6. hacked2123

hacked2123 Guest

0.85 eh? I remember the first "crash" that allowed me to swap with that firmware... and it didn't help me understand a thing back then, now it makes so much sense, and you all have TOOL+TEST, so sick!

Have Fun

7. jirachi155

jirachi155 Guest

i've never heard that fw since now °_°

8. Was it actually purchased for $10K?

9. BentleyGT

BentleyGT Guest

Good job acquiring this beast CJPC! I hope that you can make dreams come true with it. :tup:

10. jd200

jd200 Guest

re

good luck with this hardware, maybe you could look at the pkg files with this and some how open them i dont know..

11. aries2k6

aries2k6 Guest

Congratulations on aquiring the TOOL. It looks impressive.
    I hope you can use it to learn more about the workings of the ps3 and find that loophole we´re all hoping can be found.

I already learned something today. FW .85? I didn´t even know that existed :confused: I always thought the 1st FW was 1.0

So is it possible to freely downgrade - upgrade the TOOL. That would be very convenient for you to do testing.

@BlingOnMyWrist.
    No, he got it second hand on Ebay and it seems he got a good deal on it.

12. veggav

veggav Guest

Great news!! Congratulations CJPC!

Do you guys think the break will come in a software, something to run from the usb or a dvd-r ? or it would be a mod chip ?

13. Aeonin

Aeonin Guest

Fantastic find there CJPC, this could be the turnaround the scene needs for the PS3. I'm sure it'll be quite sometime until any big rewards are reaped, but I'm a patient man and I'm confident in the great devs we got here. Thanks ya'll! Keep up the good work.

14. dondolo

dondolo Guest

good job..

only ps3 dev team could do something like that :D :D

15. Chivafighter

Chivafighter Guest

Lol, go get yourself an account Boss. If you use paypal to purchase your items, then your money is secure, plus you will find a bunch of good deals haha

16. Woops, from the page I clicked on, it seemed like there were no comments. Little did I know there were around 40 comments. I read the eBay comments.

17. XiLERAWR

XiLERAWR Guest

As others have said, congratulations on the purchase. I hope it helps the developers with their work. :tup:

18. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Yea, basically because our PS3 Dev area is restricted the comments won't show publically under the article unless you are logged in and have permission to read them (have posted recently, etc).

19. goman1971

goman1971 Guest

good luck on your journey to solve the problem!! ;)

20. sivalakos

sivalakos Guest

hey guys congratz for making such a purchase. hope the for your effort and keep the big news coming. well if you finally get somewhere and need a beta or alpha tester here i am. i don't play games on ps3 for at least 4 months now for this reason bcs i can download games for pc a from the net but not ps3 so it's just sitting there. thx and good luck.