- Following up on the previous
RetroXMB update, today an unofficial RetroArch MAME 0.78 Standalone Emulator PS3 PKG is available for those interested.
Download: UNOFFICIAL - (MAME0.78) RetroArch Standalone Emu.pkg
To quote: For best performance you should use the MAME romset 0.78. I have tested using lower romsets such as 0.37b5 and that romset worked well, but again for best performance and compatibility you should use 0.78 MAME romset. There are some things to be aware of that i have outlined below. As this is still an experimental core and could have some issues not discovered yet.
- MAME romset 0.78 is required for best performance.
- At first screen of MAME agreement when ask to type OK, Move Left Stick - Left to Right to signal "OK"
- R3 will access the RetroArch Main Menu.
- R2 will access the MAME Menu options.
- Select in game will add credits to the game.
- Core is based on v0.9.8 of RetroArch (not the current 0.9.9).
- This is an Experimental Core for the PS3 from Libretro Code Re-depository...