September 7, 2011 // 11:56 am
- Laughing Jackal LTD Development Manager Daren Morgan
has announced today that Persona 3 Portable for PSP is coming to PSN this month alongisde sharing a video trailer below.
To quote: I'm delighted to be able to tell you that the UK-chart-topping Persona 3 Portable will be released on PSN from the 7th of September 2011 (which happens to be my birthday) for just £27.99 (€34.99).
Even better, if you're quick, the game will be on sale for the first two weeks at the special promotional price of just £23.99 (€29.99)!
In Persona 3 Portable you play the part of an orphan who is returning to his home town for the first time in many years to attend high school. As you travel between the train station and the dorms you are horrified at the sinister change that affects the town.
Upon your arrival at the dorm things only get weirder, as a strange boy offers you a contract to sign before you meet the first of the other inhabitants of the dorm - two girls - one of whom appears to be holding a gun. Not only that, but neither of them appear to be aware of the strange boy's existence.
From this beginning Persona 3 Portable creates a strange unsettling atmosphere and as the game advances the contrast between your everyday life and your time exploring the mysterious Dark Hour, and encountering the denizens of this hidden hour grows ever stranger. As a member of the Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad, you have the power to cross over to the Dark Hour where you can wield the power of your Persona.
It is this balance between your character's 'normal' life and the need to explore the Dark Hour that drives P3P's gameplay. Exploring Tartarus to find more of its secrets is crucial; but ignore your friends and you won't have the power to protect yourself when the full moon gathers the most dangerous of the denizens of this shadowy realm.
During the Dark Hour everything takes on a more sinister aspect. Your school transforms into a menacing tower known as Tartarus and the luckiest of the inhabitants of Iwatodai transmogrify into coffins whilst the evil Shadow creatures prey on those who stumble into their realm. Using your unique power, you must find the cause of the Dark Hour and put a stop to it before its strange and terrible power grows.
I've really enjoyed my time working on Persona 3 Portable, the PSP version of one of the finest PlayStation 2 games, and it has been amazing seeing everyone's reactions to this new and improved version. I am delighted that those of you who prefer to get your games digitally will now have the chance to see the massive improvements and great new features, including:
• The option to play the story as a new female protagonist, giving rise to new dialogue, special events and opportunities
• An improved turn-based battle system, which now allows direct control of your teammates in battle
• Five difficulty settings (from "beginner" to the hard-core choice of "maniac!"
• The addition of rewards from new NPCs when they're rescued from Tartarus.
• Part time jobs to raise player stats and earn wages
• New social links, new Persona, Skill Cards, new characters as well as a completely new dungeon to explore
• Improved system dynamics - one button menu short-cuts, quick equipment changes, and a whole lot more!