October 3, 2012 // 8:00 pm
- Following up on the PS Vita PSP Kernel Exploit (ISO Loader)
demo, today wololo
reports that 6.60 TN-A CFE, a PSP Custom Firmware for the PS Vita by Total_Noob
(via pastebin.com/WcrwqLrp) is now available!
Download: PSP 6.60 CFE TN-A (EU Exploit) for PS Vita
/ PSP 6.60 CFE TN-A (EU Exploit) for PS Vita
(Mirror) / PSP 6.60 CFE TN-A (EU Exploit) for PS Vita
(Mirror #2) / PSP 6.60 CFE TN-A (EU Exploit) for PS Vita
(Mirror #3) / PSP 6.60 CFE TN-A (US Exploit) for PS Vita
/ PSP 6.60 CFE TN-A (US Exploit) for PS Vita
/ PS Minis (Free) - Jewel K. Easter Island & Urbanix
/ Urbanix (PSP Minis) PKG
The US Urbanix HEN exploit port (above) is also done now by bubby323
(via wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=15644#p174843) as follows:
Thanks to the wonderful IRC room set in place yesterday and a very careful eye by an unnamed community member the recently released HEN for the EU Urbanix has been ported to US version of the game. The instructions and functionality are all the same, simply use the following save game data in place of what was released for the EU variant.
An unnamed developer has now injected the exploit into the US save game files by themeselves for your enjoyment. The mirror has now been updated with these files. All credit to Total Noob
for HEN and the original exploit.
To quote: Total Noob, famous for his TN Hen tool for the PSP a few years ago, is back on the Sony scene with an insane release: a PSP Custom Firmware compatible with the recently leaked Urbanix Exploit!
Total Noob just published a PSP CFW that works on the PS Vita on firmware 1.81 if you own the Urbanix Mini. That Mini can still be purchased on the PSN as I type this, and if you're lucky enough to have a European account, you can get the mini for free by going to this URL
I haven't tested this yet, but I can pretty much guarantee this is not a Fake, and the person behind this really is Total_Noob. More explanations will come later about the features of this CFW, but in the meantime hurry up, get yourself a copy of Urbanix, and give this a try.
You will notice that Total_Noob mentions that Coldbird got access to his exploit from a "trusted" person on the scene. That person is me, and I broke the trust TN put in me by doing so. I already apologized to Total_Noob for this, but more explanations and a public apology will come in another post. What I think is important to mention for now is that Coldbird's CFW (the thing that was leaked) was actually not using TN's exploit.
on the JPN version progress (via wololo.net/2012/10/04/urbanix-exploit-some-progress-on-the-jp-version/)
Total_Noob created the surprise 2 days ago by releasing his CFW for the PSP Emulator on the Vita. Unfortunately, his CFW was only compatible with the European version of the game Urbanix, which left non European customers waiting in the cold winds of despair.
Soon enough though, some people got the eCFW to work on the US version of the game, making a bunch of people super happy ("let's hammer wololo's website with F5″ type of happy
). Now people relying on the Asian versions of the game feel all alone in this terrible world. But some people are already working on this, and hopefully compatibility with the JP version of Urbanix will come soon.
Tweeter user WeeLeeds (twitter.com/WeeLeds) already has a hello world ready for Urbanix's Japanese version (as shown in the video below, a proof of concept running the hello world on a PSP Go), and will hopefully make some progress on porting Total_Noob's work. Of course, if you have the skills and the free time to help, please do lend a hand!
I am also aware that many of you are patiently waiting with Monster Hunter or Super Collapse 3, in the hope that a port will be made for those exploits. All I can say is please have more patience. I am convinced these will come at some point, although I cannot tell when. I just feel it!
From the included ReadMe file: CFE 6.60 TN
- Custom Emulator Firmware 6.60 TN-A
- for PSVita 1.81 with Urbanix Exploit
- by Total_Noob
- At first you go straight to the PSN Store and DOWNLOAD URBANIX AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. You're lucky if you already own this mini/if the mini hasn't been removed yet. YOU CAN GET IT FOR FREE WITH AN EU ACCOUNT: https://www.facebook.com/SonyPlaystation/app_423711397642076 else just buy it.
- Extract the "NPEZ00176" folder to "PSSAVEDATA" and copy the new savedata to your PSVita with CMA.
- Launch Urbanix game and after the savedata loading the screen should be flashed WHITE, before it automatically starts "TNMenu 0.1".
About "Custom Emulator Firmware "CEF" 6.60 TN-A"
- Actually it isn't correct to call it "CEF 6.60 TN-A", because the kernel is always 6.60, but changes are within the PSVita Firmware. But anyways, it doesn't matter how the CFW is called.
- This "CEF" does NOT have anything to configure yet. All configurations of the previous Custom Firmwares are not available, as they are not useful for "CEF".
- It DOES NOT support PSX. By emulating 6.60 pops modules I get PSX working, but there is no sound, so better let it be.
- Possibility to load unsigned homebrews and modules.
- Possibility to load plugins (NPEZ00176/GAME.TXT, NPEZ00176/POPS.TXT).
- Possibility to play ISO/CSO with March33 and Sony NP9660 driver.
- Possibility to get back to TNMenu by holding the START BUTTON for some seconds.
- "CEF" renames "EBOOT.PBP" to "FBOOT.PBP".
- Protects you from removing license files. If these files get removed, you have to download the game from PSN Store again. So you may lose "CEF" for Urbanix, if the game already has been removed.
About "TNMenu 0.1"
- This menu is developed with OSLib. IT IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT, so it may have some bugs.
- /\ to delete a file.
- X to install a homebrew, or to load a homebrew/game. (by pressing R TRIGGER you load backup in march33 mode, else in sony np9660 mode)
- Arrows to move.
- Create an ZIP archive of the homebrew, saved as: "FILENAME.ZIP/PSP/GAME/THISISAHOMEBREW/EBOOT.PBP".
- "FILENAME.ZIP" can be saved somehow, it just MUST BE UPPER CASE LETTER and the filename can ONLY BE 8 CHARACTERS LONG.
- Save the archives all in the "NPEZ00176" folder.
Install ISO/CSO: You cannot copy ISO/CSO with TNMenu yet. In the next version I'll add this feature.
- Prepare and install PSPFiler 6.6.
- Copy ISO/CSO to the "NPEZ00176" folder, UPPER CASE LETTER, 8 CHARACTERS LONG.
- Copy/Move the backup file to "ms0:/ISO/" with PSPFiler.
- Play it from TNMenu.
- Can anybody please LEAD A CLEAN thread (best if he is moderator) somewhere on a forum, where users can write their questions, requests, bug reports and etc So I have got a better overview than if everybody is mailing me.
- This "CEF" IS NOT ripped off from Coldbird's CFW. If you want to know something, I gave my "CEF" to a very important person from the PSP scene a long time before and this very "trusted" person sent my "CEF" to Coldbird. Coldbird naturally reversed my trick of using own modules (f0-kd-systemctrl.prx, etc). Thumbs up to this very important person. Anyways it doesn't matter, I just wanted to tell you
- The kernel exploit does only exist on Emulator Firmware. That's why "Tony" released the flash0 dump, doesn't he?
- The source code will be released after a new PSVita Firmware release.
- Dark_AleX, author of Custom Firmware: Thank you master for your impressive work, I always admired you
- Thanks to the guy who found Urbanix Exploit.
- Coldbird for "his" kxploit.
Wololo also stated on his blog (via wololo.net/2012/10/03/urbanix-was-removed-from-the-eu-stores/) that Urbanix was removed from the EU Stores, to quote:
That was fast! I am getting a growing number of reports that following the announce of Total_Noob's HEN a few hours ago, the game Urbanix, which has an exploit allowing people to run his PSP Custom Firmware on the Vita, was removed from the EU PSN stores. People are reporting that the game was also removed from their download list. I expect the same will happen to the other locales (US, JP, etc...) within a few hours.
If you have the game installed on your console (US, EU, JP,), great for you, don't touch anything and make a backup using Open CMA.
If you have one of the previous VHBL exploits, it is possible the kernel exploit will get backported to your game exploit at some point, so if you are interested in that Kernel exploit the idea for you is to wait and see (and to not update your firmware).
If you are lucky enough to be able to still buy the game on the US or JP store or whatever, and want this exploit, do it now. Not in a few hours, not after your lunch break, but now.
If you are in none of the situations above, you probably missed a good and rare opportunity... put the following note on your fridge: "check wololo.net more regularly in the future"... People who check this site daily knew about this 3 days ago. People who can read between the lines knew about this 3 months ago.
The game was really pulled fast. It is not clear if this is because of the poor planning of the whole release (exploit initially leaked without a proper ninja release, then CFW announced in the middle of Sony's working hours), or if Sony reacted faster because a Kernel exploit is involved. We will probably never know.
I am quite sure we'll have lots of news to share about this in the days to come: compatibility with previous usermode exploits, tutorials, probably a few improvements are also to be expected from TN himself... Stay tuned.