February 13, 2012 // 10:56 pm
- Following up on the previous
release, today PlayStation 3 developer facanferff
has updated the YouTube Plugin to version 1.3 for Showtime PS3 Media Player.
Download: YouTube v1.3 Plugin for Showtime PS3 Media Player
To quote: This update brings the following changelog:
- Add: Filter Standard Feed by category (in Settings page)
- Add: Filter Standard Feed by region (in Settings page)
- Add: Support for Watch History playlist in Advanced Mode
- Add: Filter for Video format (All formats, MP4, WebM or FLV) in Advanced Mode
- Add: Set maximum resolution to play
- Enhancement: Use default Showtime's error page instead of messages
- Enhancement: Item listing show more information now (title, duration, views count, favorites count and when it was published / updated)
- Enhancement: Full support for Safe Search
- Fix: Universal Subtitles support was not working since a minor layout change of the Web site
Note: This update is fully compatible with latest updates of plugins of NP (in Youtube's calls)
As always any suggestion or feedback are welcome.
1. Where do I must install these plugins?
Put the the zip file from the download link above at /dev_hdd0/game/HTSS00003/USRDIR/settings/installedplugins.
2. I don't have an external keyboard, how can I log in or search for videos?
While OSK (On Screen Keyboard) is not implemented in Showtime, you can't. If you're in this situation, I suggest you to disable User Authentication and User actions, so you don't see anymore boxes to write things.
3. My connection is very slow, there's no way to automatically use a lower resolution?
Yes there is, since version 1.3, Youtube plugin has a setting that let's you choose a maximum resolution, the resolution you get in simple mode is that one you selected or, if you're using Advanced Mode, you'll only get a list of video links of that resolution and lower (never higher). The default setting value is 1080p.
4. In few times (or more) I get a page saying that an error happened, what can I do?
If that page appears then please let me know by e-mailing me (facanferff.showtime AT hotmail.com) or creating a ticket on andoma's redmine website for showtime assigning the ticket to my name (Fabio Ferreira).
5. I have a suggestion, where can I leave that?
You can e-mail me on facanferff.showtime AT hotmail.com
Hope you enjoy,