January 31, 2012 // 2:26 am
- Following my previous
release, today I have returned with another update for my PS3 4.00 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) to version 2.5 with details below.
Download: PS3 4.00 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) v2.5 Update
I'm not going to make you re-download another 180MB PUP file, Instead I've decided to release a patch which has all the tools required to patch my Version 2 pup to be Version 2.5 (although when the link for the version 2 pup gets taken down I'll release a version 2.5 pup). The patch files can be downloaded here:
Just like before only retail signed .PKG can be installed with this. Have fun. THIS HFW WILL NOT ALLOW HOMEBREW!
How to install the 3.2 Update Patch for my 4.00HFW:
1/ Install PS3MFW Builder v0.2.1
2/ Copy the 'change_xml_files.tcl' file to the 'task' folder of PS3MFW Builder
4/ Put my "modded FW 4.00(releasev2).PUP" as the "Original fw" and whatever you want as the "Modified fw"
3/ Uncheck every thing except "PS3HEN's 4.00HFW Patch 1"
4/ In "PS3HEN's 4.00HFW Patch 1" link each file on the task page to the ones in the "Dev_flash files to be patched" folder in this package
5/ Select "Build MFW"
Hooray Its built!
The task file used here was originally written by RazorX
, but modified by me so it can be used to install my patch.
.PUP Installation Instructions:
1. Be on a firmware 3.55 or less
2. Install the .pup through the XMB (Make sure you have a working hardware flasher as there is no other way to downgrade)
- Fix's Custom Icons/labels not showing in-game
- Using Version 0.07 of the XMB File Manager (ported to FW 4.00 by me)
- PSN content waiting to be installed/copied now only shows in the (Playstation Network Content) sub menu of the XMB File Manager (I noticed the XMB File Manager used the wrong internal link to show PSN content so I fixed this)
- PS2 game discs show as "Playstation 2 Format Disc" instead of "Unrecognised Data" on Non-BC PS3s
- The XMB File Manager uses a custom icon(see picture)
- The "Playstation Network Content" now uses a (IMO) better icon
- Adds "Debug XMB Items" to the XMB Column "PlayStation Network" (contains the Debug items found in this column, originally for DEX)
- Removes the useless "PlayStation Plus" XMB item from the XMB Column "PlayStation Network"
- Disables Cinavia DRM on all media except Blue-ray.
A video demonstrating the XMB mods:
- Adds DeViL303's "XMB File Manager" to the XMB Column "Game"
- Adds "/app_home/PS3GAME/" to the XMB Column "Game" (has no function at the moment, but is here for completeness)