July 8, 2011 // 5:27 pm
- As a follow-up to the initial news on JFW DH PS3 CFW
, today DemonHades
has shared a video alongside some details via Bhaal
of their upcoming JFW DH PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware in action.
To quote, roughly translated: Here is how we are editing categories and relocating to give it more content and content management deployments. It really is not no big deal, but that you may know the new categories that would incorporate this new Custom.
First before anything we want to clarify that this thread is dedicated to community members and therefore DHorg the comments made about what this information is or is no longer cause is nothing more than mere envy, oppression, or that are to dispute. For outside the dates of publication and that are linked to circumstances that can slow or speed up the publication.
We will inform you as the evolution of DH JFW and what their news, which I will quote them below: http://www.demonhades.org/foro/viewtopic.php?f=282&t=4826#p30151
Percentage Level of Development
- Core Central 100%
- Payload Cobra 50%
- Linux 90%
- Preloader 90%
- Categories xmb 90%
- Managers 0%
- TheGrid 90%
- Services Packs 0%
New categories such as Multimedia, PS3 Loader, TheGrid, Homebrew put aside the typical native application. Photos, Music, Videos, TV disappear to make way for Multimedia.
New Multimedia Category
New Category PS3 Loader
- This new category gives rise to a union of native options like photo, music and video.
- This new category will appear the famous player Showtime, which already includes the possibility of a single application in many more options than what they offered us the categories natively native officers.
- Listen to music
- Being able to see videos like avi, mpeg, xvid, divx, MKV including
- View photos
- Demand movies
New Category TheGrid
- This new category was born to take charge from now manage the contents of the old sony consoles, this means that both PS1/PS2/Minis Games and the saves become part of this new category, freeing to GAME icon.
- It is also where you store the backups RetroLoader (aka modified cobrausb backup manager) responsible for managing the games ps1, ps2 and ps3
New Homebrew Category
- This new category includes the plugins manager, service packs.
- Thegra is the name of the loader plugins, these plugins will give the console first choices, which the imagination of every developer could unleash the potential of this charger.
- Return of the online
- Updating keys
- Spoof Version
- Disable devices
- Mount Units
- Plugins level conbinacion buttons on the six
- Modification speedfun speed
Cobra Payload as JFW DH Plugin
- This new category includes all homebrew created to date, for it will have access to from where you can download OpenPStore the last hombrew etc. to be placed automatically at their place of origin and not as the previous game.
New Linux Item
- At the moment due to problems outside the scene Jaicrab the development of this plugin been in a paused state
Preloader, Recovery Boot
- The JFW DH was gonna be no less, that includes 2 options to use Linux back in the console, in this regard are:
- The JFW DH includes a preloader that is responsible for:
- Back of the 3 RAW Flash to external media (USB)
- Flashing copies from an external drive (usb).
- Update the Preloader
- Home of the flash write access (not necessarily more alejandro or substitutes)
- The advantages are not required reinstalling all the PUP (from hardware checks) do not need to do: composite or go through the recovery
Compatibility with Games and Applications
- These packs include the basics in order to use plugins, loaders, ftp, etc.
Members of the Project
- JFW DH uses a 341v2 core, this does not mean not being able to play all over now without patching.
- The JFW DH is compatible with games that include between 3.56 down, including the current patched to 3.55
- JFW DH runs natively games until 3.56 (original disks) without having to upgrade.
- PSN games that require npdrm 356, are also supported without upgrading (the current cfw not give this support)
- No need for a valid signature on the executable
- Not going to make a port to 3.55 of this JFW DH, since it includes much more than himself 3.55
- Alejandro (special collaboration) = Central Core, security, preloader
- Jaicrab = Core, central TheGrid, linux
- DemonHades = xmb Categories, Organization, Implementations
- DanteHades = Graphic Design, Theme
- PS_Juan = Remodeling Categorie, Tester
- Ing_pereira = Manager Creation, TheGrid
- Borrego = Tester
- Davje = documentation Editor
- PSmaniaco = tester and contributor
1saludo and patience that good is worth waiting.
A short summary of JFW DH: State of the CFW from the translation details above:
- Core 100%
- Payload Cobra 50%
- Linux 90%
- Preloader 90%
- Categories XMB 90%
- 0% Managers
- TheGrid 90%
- Service Packs 0%
Preloader: The preloader can:
- Flash dump the 3 partitions on an external (USB)
- Restore partitions Flash via a dump on external media (USB)
- Mounting partitions Flash write
- The preloader can be updated.
TheGrid: TheGrid is a new category that includes a plugin manager, service packs, but also the name of the loader plugins. The plugins can launch tasks in the background.
- JFW The DH is based on the Firmware 3.41 v2 but is fully compatible with games requiring firmware 3.56 and earlier (3.55 patched games included).
- Game discs that require firmware 3.56 or earlier without having to spend to update the console.
- The PSN games that require a compatible NPDRM 3.56 without updating.
- Executables do not need to be signed.
And the video of JFW DH: The video shows the personal side with a CFW Coldboot / Soundboot changed and a new category "RetroLaunch" Minis are supported and saves them (PS1/PS2 games and their backups will also be part of this category).
Those who wondered what the icon is black "JaiCraB", it must match the Firm USB Loader. DemonHades
invites us to participate in their topic in order to advance the project as still no publication date.