- A few days back
PlayStation 3 developer squarepusher2
announced that the Nintendo Gameboy / GBA Emulator PS3 Port known as VBA PS3
would soon become VBANext, and today subcon959
has made available an unofficial VBANext PKG file for PS3 users to try out while awaiting an official release.
Download: VBANext PS3 Build 44ed4409
/ VBANext PS3 Build 44ed4409 (WT/GH CFW)
Some recent changes from the SVN include the following:
- (PS3) Auto-aspect ratio setting + plus more aspect ratios
- (PS3) Cleaned up menu code some more.
- (PS3) Cut down on some more menu code duplication
- (PS3) Uses systemDrawScreen() macro now instead of IFDEF __CELLOS_LV2__ hackery to make a direct call to Graphics->Draw and psglSwap.
- (PS3) Cleaned up code duplication in menu code (Core) Doesn't try to set regparm attribute now for non-x86 platforms
- Changed blip_med_quality back to blip_good_quality
- Patches to PS3 sound driver so it works with the new sound approach
- Dumps VBA samples all at once, reports NUM SAMPLES
- Rearranged damn headers again - we need a common.h NOW
- Added USE_CACHE_PRETCH around instrinsics
- Added USE_CACHE_PREFETCH around intrinsics
- Had to move some #defines around - broke the build last commit
- reordered top of file so headers come first - added string.h and stdio.h under __GNUC__ preprocessor
- added string.h and stdio.h #includes under ANDROID preprocessor
- Removed unused friend class 'Blip_Reader' from Blip_Buffer
- Removed garbage files from PS3 buildtools
- (Core) Removed GEKKO defines for cheat code (PS3) Had to add Cellframework1 for FileBrowser and OSKUtil - needs to be rewritten for Cellframework2 though.
- Removed reinserted files from unused directory
- Removed revert garbage files ending with '.orig'
- (Core) USE_AGBPRINT and USE_CHEATS defines can now be used - reinserted files that were necessary for these parts to work.
- (Core) There were some calls to doDMA in both the if and else blocks of certain conditionals - cut down on the amount of times this function is called by giving doDMA parameters instead that are defined inside these if-else codeblocks.
- (Core) Removed CPUisGBAImage - this was a copy of utilIsGBAImage in GBA.cpp that was strangely never used at all. Perhaps this was never properly refactored and moved to Util.cpp. (PS3) changed buffer.c into buffer.inc and included it into audioport.c.
- Expanded iteration macros
- Changed NO_DEBUGGER defines to USE_DEBUGGER - no more double-negative define
- Cleaned up a lot of header files - Cut down on GEKKO defines - Changed 'FRAMESKIP' define to 'USE_FRAMESKIP' to fit in with the rest of the VBANext switch naming convention. It will automatically define USE_FRAMESKIP if you define 'FRAMESKIP' - so it is backwards compatible in a sense.
- Cleaned up a lot of unnecessary includes and cut down on some GEKKO ifdefs.
- Added ifdef defines for ppu_intrinsics.h (should be PS3/360 only)
- Added 'USE_SWITICKS' define.
- Added FRAMESKIP defines and added back frameskipping code to GBA.cpp (but defined)
- Initial commit of VBA-PS3 codebase - now VBANext and no longer PS3-specific.