September 27, 2013 // 6:44 pm
- Following up on the previous
RetroXMB update, today an unofficial RetroArch MAME 0.78 Standalone Emulator PS3 PKG is available for those interested.
Download: UNOFFICIAL - (MAME0.78) RetroArch Standalone Emu.pkg
To quote: For best performance you should use the MAME romset 0.78. I have tested using lower romsets such as 0.37b5 and that romset worked well, but again for best performance and compatibility you should use 0.78 MAME romset. There are some things to be aware of that i have outlined below. As this is still an experimental core and could have some issues not discovered yet.
- MAME romset 0.78 is required for best performance.
- At first screen of MAME agreement when ask to type OK, Move Left Stick - Left to Right to signal "OK"
- R3 will access the RetroArch Main Menu.
- R2 will access the MAME Menu options.
- Select in game will add credits to the game.
- Core is based on v0.9.8 of RetroArch (not the current 0.9.9).
- This is an Experimental Core for the PS3 from Libretro Code Re-depository (github.com/libretro/mame2003-libretro).
- This is an Unofficial release Please DO NOT BUG official RetroArch developer of any problems.
- Custom RetroArch Main Menu Wood Background Added in place of default RetroArch menu.
- When accessing MAME settings (R2 button) settings will not save for next boot
- Save / Load States will not work on a few titles. (mainly Midway titles)
- RetroArch Developers: Squarepusher , Maister
- Libretro Contributors: View the list of many contributors here (github.com/libretro?tab=members).
- RetroXMB Developer: doobz
- Artwork: Sandungas (PIC1) & STLcardsWS (Custom Wood Main Menu)
Finally, from Grim Doe
on the M.A.M.E Debugger:
Using MAME Debugger an Playing with (Street Fighter 2 CE) sorry I have Been MIA, just not much time that I use to have. Anyways here is a nice little trick to do just to test out the ROM you are modding (make sure you already have a copy of the ROM your yesting your modding on):
1st. Start M.A.M.E & Your Game in Debug Mode
2nd. Go to your ROM Folder decompress the Zip file of the Game your playing
3rd. Modded it, Zip it back up,
4th. In the Debugger do a Hard Restart and Test out your Work.