May 23, 2011 // 7:47 am
- Today Sony PlayStation 3 hacker KaKaRoToKS
has released an SGTPuzzles PS3 homebrew port of Simon Tatham
's Portable Puzzle Collection
dubbed the Humble Homebrew Collection, which currently includes 33 puzzle games for both JailBreak and PS3 CFW users.
According to KaKaRoToKS
, more games are being written for this PlayStation 3 game collection and it will continue to receive regular updates with the TODO list detailed below.
When you run the game, you will have a choice of 33 puzzle games to choose from. It is important to understand each puzzle's rules, so when in a game, press the START button to access the menu and read the help page on the game.
You can control the game either with mouse emulation using the left analog stick, or using the d-pad to emulate the keyboard.
If you use the analog stick, the cross (X) button will act as left click, the circle (O) button will act as the right click and the square () button will act as the middle click.
If you use the d-pad, then the cross (X) button will act as the main select action, and the circle (O) button will act as the secondary select action.
The L1 and R1 buttons are used respectively for Undo and Redo, the START button opens the main menu and the SELECT button allows you to change the game's preset (difficulty, settings).
There are some games that cannot be played because they require a keyboard, a solution to these games will be written as soon as possible (any volunteer?). The games that do not work because of this limitation are Solu, Unequal, Keen and Towers.
- Add an about page
- Fix performance issues, need 30/60 fps on full redrawns on 1080p now it's around 1 or 2 fps...
- Add a way to enter numbers/letters for Solo/Unequal/Keen/Towers games
- Fix game help by using FreeType and supporting utf-8 chars correctly.
- Add a 'resize screen' at boot (some tvs crop the left size of the screen)
- Redo a cleaner design of the user interface
- Recognize when a game is completed and show a message+play sound.
- Check if a game is solved and allow easy 'new game'
- the save/load thread seems to crash (get interrupted) if we do a quit from the xmb while the save/load menu is open