July 23, 2012 // 8:14 pm
- Following up on the recent Sony PS3 Debug / Test (DEX) Firmware 4.11
update leak, today version 4.20 alongside some DEX to CEX Switcher and Downgrade PUPs for PS3 CEX to DEX
conversions have arrived from an anonymous user on the PlayStation 3 Dev Wiki.
Download: PS3 Debug / Test Firmware 4.20
(178.02MB) / PS3 Debug / Test Firmware 4.20
(Mirror) / PS3 Debug / Test Firmware 4.20
(Mirror #2) / PS3 Debug / Test Firmware 4.20
(Mirror #3) / PS3 Debug / Test Firmware 4.20
(Mirror #4) / PS3 DEX to CEX Switcher PUP's
(327.35MB) / PS3 4.20 DEX Downgrader
(8.83MB) / Rogero PS3 3.55 DEX with Peek & Poke
(162.16MB / 162.23MB) / Rogero 3.55 DEX V2
/ PS3 3.55 DEX with Peek & Poke
(156.76MB) / DEX to Kiosk Switcher PUP's (326.96MB) / PS3 Generator Tools 3.30
(5.67MB) / Increase the Number of Games in PS3Gen Guide
/ ProDG for PlayStation 3 v4.00.1.0
(59.10MB) / ProDG for PlayStation 3 v184.108.40.206
(65.89MB) / ProDG Documentation v400.1 English
(19.60 MB) / PS3 Core EBOOT Dump
/ Rebug 3.55.2 PS3UPDAT.PUP Modded for DEX To Allow ProDG Support
(178.81 MB) by Sonic-Iso
/ Add ReActPSN Support on DEX 3.55 Task (TCL)
/ Showtime (Older) EBOOT for DEX 4.11
and Showtime 3.4 EBOOT for DEX 4.11
and Showtime 3.5.54 EBOOT for DEX 4.11
/ PS3 DEX / Debug PS3 Updatelist
As always, keep in mind these PUP updates will currently NOT install on a retail PS3, and so they are intended for examination and comparison purposes only.
We have 100% confirmed that running this updater on a retail PS3 will not damage it, however, it will give the following error before the installation completes: The data type is not supported. (8002F029)
PS3 DEX to CEX Switcher PUP's
: Proudly presenting these special pups here for DEX users... got a DEX but can't get tools to use the thing? For example newer BD emu tools and such. Well don't fret. I included a set of firmwares here that will take away the pain. Once you run the first PUP it will convert your box to a "retail" box. you can then install Rebug, Kmeaw etc etc. If you ever want to go back to DEX (Debug) then just run the second PUP that came with it and viola back to Debug. Also this all only works on 3.55. kthnxbai.
Greetz: Mathieulh TheFallen93 Xenon7 CMX DeathClutch KiwiDoggeh Sonic-Iso K3rn3l Huegel Carly360 Xorloser barubary redline m0md4d and anyone else I missed.
PS3 4.20 DEX Downgrader
: For those running DEX higher then v3.55, you might also need this special downgrade DEX pup to re-enable the feature on your converted DEX machine to go back to any lower version of firmware file. It only needs to be run once, and then you can install the normal 3.55 DEX PUP afterwards.
Description: This file enables you to downgrade again from 4.20 DEX to a lower firmware version.
1. Create a PS3 folder on a FAT32 formatted USB stick
2. In that folder create a "UPDATE" folder
3. Copy this PUP inside that "UPDATE" folder
4. Insert the USB stick in your PS3
5. Go to system and update your PS3 through "Update via Storage Media"
PS3 4.20 DEX Firmware PUP
: For those wishing to upgrade to the latest in DEX firmware, here is the 4.20 PUP, but remember it still will not give you access to PSN side of the PS3 world.
Rogero 3.55 DEX with Peek & Poke
: Here is Rogero's Peek & Poke DEX.
Rogero 3.55 DEX V2
: Here is Rogero's DEX V2 with the features outlined HERE
PS3 3.55 DEX with Peek and Poke
: Here is the original 3.55 DEX with Peek & Poke enabled, but it's suggested using the Rogero one as it has the downgrader built-in. Another release from 3.55 DEX with Peek and Poke.
DEX to Kiosk Switcher PUP's
: Proudly presenting these special pups here for DEX users... got a DEX but can't get tools to use the thing? for example newer BD emu tools and such. Well don't fret. I included a set of firmwares here that will take away the pain. once you run the first pup it will convert your box to a "kiosk" box. If you ever want to go back to DEX (Debug) then just run the second pup that came with it and viola back to Debug. Also this all only works on 3.55. kthnxbai.
Greetz: Mathieulh TheFallen93 Xenon7 CMX DeathClutch KiwiDoggeh Sonic-Iso K3rn3l Huegel Carly360 Xorloser barubary redline m0md4d GaryOPA and anyone else i missed.
Fck you : NT BA and RV.
PS3 Generator Tools 3.30 & ProDG for PlayStation 3 v4.00.1.0 and PlayStation 3 v220.127.116.11
: I'm giving out the latest version of PS3 Gen (the Disk creation tool to be used with the DEX emulator) and PRODG (Includes debugging software and the latest version of Target Manager).
- PS3 Gen (the Disk creation tool to be used with the DEX emulator) NOTE: Only works on DEX consoles!
- ProDG (Includes debugging software and the latest version of Target Manager) NOTE: For usage only on DEX consoles!
: Afaik... the reason behind the kiosk one is this. Some people can get their hands on the kiosk unit discs from retailers. These usually have nice betas. How these install is you put the disc in and restart the kiosk machine and it does this wipe and installs the betas. What i did was rip all my SHOPINSTALL folders from each disc (these are the actual betas and such) then replaced the official pup with the hacked pup and burned it to a bluray. Then i ran that puppy and got all my betaz
oh and after that I run the back to DEX pup.. and rip using target manager ftw
: Here is Ghost Recon Future Soldier (BLUS30521) update PKG Retail to Debug PKG: http://www.mediafire.com/?sml3noby1jxqoca
Related MD5 Hashes from aldostools
- 3b6ebc594de5586b5e289225f6d3164a PS3 Official Firmware 3.55 DEBUG/DEX (OFW 3.55)
- efa62388ee8d2592727ddbdce9b4bec8 PS3 Official Firmware 3.55 DEBUG/DEX (3.55-downgrader DEX)
- 9cf0bcf94436622ad490d7ff1318ecbb PS3 Official Firmware 4.11 DEBUG/DEX (OFW 4.11)
- 85173ff70627624550dff0fea022c363 PS3 Official Firmware 4.20 DEBUG/DEX (OFW 4.20)
- 7501920d4a90f58dcc4920a47c6420aa 3.55 DEX Firmware with peek & poke added (MFW)
- 81e0c358411d75491a11f5b9386dc174 3.55 DEX Rogero Downgrader with peek & poke added (MFW)
- cc55f7f0c29aa310150db50c16f82c60 Rogero 3.55 DEX V2 (Features outlined HERE)
- 64fd5bc9a298787c20be2aae4e9a27c9 4.20 DEX Downgrader (enables you to downgrade again from 4.20 DEX to a lower firmware version. It only needs to be run once)
- 8b3b5e6b4a6d2bf08b1f7ad44def401b 3.55 CEX from 3.55 DEX (PS3UPDAT.PUP.Convert.To.Retail. From. Dev)
- 6971d32df4ff3cb2c09549e9d0b95b13 3.55 DEX from 3.55 CEX (PS3UPDAT.PUP.Convert.Back.To.Dev.From.Retail)
- d6e77b49261df53913a54a693d255848 3.55 CFW OTHEROS++-22GB.PUP (used in deank's CEX-to-DEX conversion tutorial)
He has updated PKG ContentID to version 1.2 in PS3Tools
as well which allows you to highlight a retail update.pkg in Windows explorer and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to directly convert it to a DEX compatible package. You need to put psn_package_npdrm.exe
in the same folder as PKG ContentID.
He also suggests those interested refer to this guide on Guide to Swapping PS3 CFW, MFW and OFW Firmware Without USB
From the PlayStation 3 Dev Wiki (ps3devwiki.com/wiki/4.20_DEX) on Sony PS3 Debug / Test (DEX) Firmware 4.20:
[Register or Login to view code]
In related news, Itskamel
has made available a NewDEXKamel.PUP
) which he states is a patched 3.55 DEX with peek and poke and also used to install retail PKGs thanking eussNL
for the patch.
To quote: Ok so you converted from CEX to DEX and you have not been able to install retail pkg’s? well now you can with this firmware. 3.55 DEX ofw patched with mfw builder for peek and poke and EussNL's patch. Enjoy. Use at your own risk!
I have installed and ran Comgenie Awesome File Manager
.. please post if you are running other homebrew successfully.
PSN game Mortal Kombat Arcade Collection installed and ran fine with the Duplex fix. (He owns that only one, so he tested only MK) So all PSN games should install and work. Just tested Rebug coldboot installer, and it works flawless. enjoy your coldboots.
Rebug PKG installer working also! Installed Showtime 3.61 and it ran fine.
Note: You must change the filename from “NewDEXKamel.PUP” to “PS3UPDAT.PUP”
In related news from Asure
: I put together the code from the different pasties, and fixed a few includes Dump_rootkey's main.cpp is a good example of how the second exploit should look.
It now compiles and runs over RPC just like the original eid0 dumper. However, by default, the actual dumping code is commented out. I uncommented it, but nothing happens, the program just sits there. This might be because of two things:
1. There are provisions for a 'isoldr.patched' in ./data/ folder, also commented. Uncommenting and using the file from PS3 Dev wiki didn't help.
2. I tried with an original 'isoldr' file from an unpacked 3.41 pup. Could be we need an unencrypted copy? Not sure at this point.
I have posted the modified source
for others to peruse. This is not my work. I'm no C expert!
LSpwn: Runs like a charm on 3.41 CEX and dumps out the local storage (256kb) Could someone on DEX 4.x confirm if the lspwn PKG runs on it?
Below is a DEX to CEX video from BestHelpingsonic
for those interested:
Also a PS3 4.20 DEX confirmation video from garrettcorn
Although untested (be careful if you try it!) 3ps3l0n
has made available what he calls PS3 CFW 3.55 Debug 3ps3l0n
(CFW355DEX.PUP) alongside a video of it in action below.
PS3 CFW 3.55 Debug 3ps3l0n Specs:
- Allow installation/run of Pseudo-retail PKGs
- (Of course) allows installation of Debug PKGs
- Allows mapping of any memory area (Needed for LV2 Poke)
- Peek/poke support
- Allows extracting for all package types
- Disables integrity check in System Manager
- Allows access to all system manager services of gameos
- Load backups, and a surprise (PSN support) for the future.
Warning: Do not install QA Flags or OTHEROS ++ / RISK OF BRICK!
Also today _Exeedy_
has made available (via psx-scene.com/forums/content/_exeedy_-2459/) a MDFW 3.55 both with and without OtherOS below, to quote:
Download: Exeedy DEX.3.55 MFW With OtherOS
/ Exeedy DEX.3.55 MFW NO OtherOS
- 3.55 DEX MFW v3 with OtherOS - ReActPSN support - Peek Poke added and support for retail PKGs MD5: 238f1ed1b58949810eaac8dff5a9e276
- 3.55 DEX MFW v3 without OtherOS - ReActPSN support - Peek Poke added and support for retail PKGs MD5: c3aa5b5ff8b9cabcf766d6f099b4c065
About _Exeedy_ Modified Debug 3.55 Firmware:
- Patch LV1 hypervisor
- Allow mapping of any memory area (Needed for LV2 Poke)
- Peek/poke support (unused lv1 calls 182 and 183)
- Allow enabling product mode by using Update Manager Write EPROM
- Patch LV2 kernel
- Patch to add Peek&Poke system calls to LV2
- Patch to add LV1 Peek&Poke system calls to LV2 3.55 (LV1 peek/poke patch necessary)
- Patch to add LV1 Call system call to LV2 3.55
- Patch package installer
- Patch to allow installation of pseudo-retail packages
- Patch to allow installation of retail packages on DEX
- Patch VSH for Offline PSN Activator
- Patch to allow activating psn content offline for 3.55 debug
- Add "TV" category to the XMB
- Show TV category in xmb no matter if your country support it.
Please note: This firmware is not fully tested. Use at your own risk. No guarantee expressed or implied. If anything bad happens as a result of installing this system update, you cannot hold anyone responsible but yourself.
MultMan (MMCM) is fully working and reActPSN should work too. For the OtherOS version please note:
- Boot_OtherOS.pkg needs to be patched to boot correctly into petiboot!
- Trophy errors
Notes: Make sure that:
- Settings > Debug Settings > Release Check Mode = Development Mode.
- Settings > Debug Settings > Wake on LAN is On.
- Settings > Debug Settings > Boot Mode is not set to Release Mode.
Below are some Batman Arkham City EU and US (BLUS30538) EBOOTs for DEX users and one for Sleeping Dogs (BLES01661):
Download: Batman Arkham City DEX 4.20 (EU) EBOOT
/ Batman Arkham City DEX 4.20 (US) EBOOT
/ Batman Arkham City DEX 4.20 (BLUS30538) EBOOT
/ Sleeping Dogs DEX 4.20 (BLES01661) EBOOT
/ Sleeping Dogs DEX 4.20 (BLES01661) EBOOT
(Mirror) / Transformers FOC DEX FIX
by Mr. Gnido
/ Transformers Fall of Cybertron (BLUS30681) DEX PKG
/ Transformers Fall of Cybertron (BLUS30681) DEX PKG
(Mirror) / Spec Ops: The Line BLUS30531 DEX PKG
/ SSX EBOOT FIX for DEX 4.20
/ Final Fantasy XIII-2 All DLC / Regions Fixed for DEX Consoles
(FF13_allDLC_fixed.rar - tested works on Dex 4.20 with FFIII-2 1.06 patches. 36DLC identifier.edat were fixed) / F1 2012 DEX 4.11 & 4.21 Fix
From the Final Fantasy XIII-2 All DLC / Regions Fixed for DEX Consoles ReadMe File, to quote: tested works on Dex 4.20 with FFIII-2 1.06 patches.
How to use other region dlc: rename 2 file name to that region and copy fixed identifier.edat
[Register or Login to view code]
comes a brief guide on Playing PS3 Backups on DEX 4.20 Firmware, as follows:
Here's an guide to play backups on dex 4.20, tested rachet clank:
1. first locate game
2. in the BCES00511 folder make an folder named app_home
3. drag then the ps3_game folder and all into the app_home folder (so its app_home/PS3_GAME etc in target maneger)
4. in system software or release mode set the app_home folder and choose the one you made.
5. then grab the eboot.bin unself it.
6. then make fself
7. make_fself eboot.elf eboot.bin.
8. copy back to USR dir.
9. now in xmb there is app_home folder the game shows up there.
10. start play
Note: To fix black screen games (tested prince of persia 3d):
1. after decrypting the eboot.bin to .elf, replace /dev_bdvd to /app_home
2. then make_fself
Thanks to Dean and acab for testing.
comes some PS3 DEX Game Fixes:
comes some direct-boot PKG PS3 DEX 3.6+ Game Fixes: Ok, besides mmDM and targetManager theres still the old school way of playing some of the older games that have fixes. The direct boot method. although a lot of people know about this not much has been said, probably because of the very low compatibilty. There are a few gems in here and if your like me, then you might want to give your hdd some use on DEX 3.6+. I know I seen a couple of people asking about playing games from hdd0.
1. Delete any game data
2. Install the package.
3. Use FTP or file manager and copy all the files (minus the eboot) from your game USRDIR to the USRDIR on your hdd0. Copy the trophy folder if it's not already there. should be in the root folder. the same folder as the USRDIR.
4. Go to XMB and start the game.
If anyone wants to try to make their own direct boot packages:
1. Decrypt EBOOT.BIN to EBOOT.ELF
2. Open a HexEditor and change any references from dev_bdvd to dev_hdd0 and save.
3. Rebuild the EBOOT.ELF to EBOOT.BIN using make_fself_npdrm.exe. There are tools out there that will do this if you don't have the SDK installed. just remember the Eboot(npdrm fself) can't be signed with any keys.
4. Open PARAM.SFO and change "DG" to "HG" and save. Then make a debug pkg with your modified EBOOT and PARAM.sfo
comes some more PS3 DEX Game Fixes, as follows:
, to quote: How to Make a DEX Update PKG
What to include:
1. The game's official title
2. the game's title ID (ie: BLUS69696)
3. make sure the DEX pkg originates from the newest update available so we can install all the game's patches!!
Notes: You don't need DEX EBOOTs. To run games using the built in BDEMU you need to have an official update for the game. You then unpack the update PKG and repack it as a Debug PKG... you don't need to alter the files at all. Also, on DEX you can run any game from the original disc as long as you have the required PS3 Firmware version.
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - BLES01393 - working
The Amazing Spiderman - BLUS30828 - Not Tested
Assassin's Creed Revelations - BLES01467 - Working
Asura's Wrath - BLUS30721 - not tested
Batman Arkham City - BLES00926 - Working
Batman Arkham City - BLUS30538 - Working
Call of Duty MW3 - BLUS30838 - Not Tested
Dark Souls - BLES01396 - Not Tested
The Darkness 2 - BLES01388 - Working
The Darkness 2 - BLUS30743 - Working
Dead Island - BLES00749 - Working
Dead Island - BLUS30790 - Working
Dead Rising 2 Off The Record - BLES01302 - Working
Dead Rising 2 Off The Record - BLUS30763 - Working
Dirt 3 - BLES01287 - Working
Deus Ex - BLES01150 - Working
Deus Ex - BLUS30476 - Not Tested
DOA5 (Dead or Alive 5) BLES01623 DEX Update Patch
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - BLUS30778 - Not Tested
F1 2011 - BLUS30772 - Working
FEAR 3 - BLES00963 - Working
FIFA 12 - BLES01408 - Not Tested
FIFA 12 - BLUS30809 - Working
FIFA Street - BLES01493 - Working
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - BLES01269 - Working
Final_Fantasy XIII-2 - BLUS30776 - Working
Goldeneye 007 - BLUS30755 - Working
Inversion - BLUS30360 - Working
Mass Effect 3 - BLES01462 - Not Tested
Max Payne 3 - BLUS30557 - Working
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - BLES01419 - Not Tested
MLB 12: The Show - BCUS98295 - Working
Portal 2 - BLES01222 - Not Tested
Portal 2 - BLUS30732 - Not Tested
Rage - BLUS30485 - Working
Ratchet & Clank All 4 One - BCES01141 - Working
Resistance 3 - BCES01118 - Working
Risen 2: Dark Waters - BLES01398 - Working
Saints Row 3 - BLES01342 - Working
Silent Hill HD Collection - BLUS30810 - not tested
Sleeping Dogs - BLES01661 - Working
Sniper Elite v2 - BLES01290 - Working
Soul Calibur V - BLES01250 - not tested
SPEC OPS THE LINE - BLES01157 - Working
SSX - BLUS30849 - Working
Street Fighter X Tekken - BLUS30722 - Working
Street Fighter X Tekken - BLES01252 - Working
The Amazing Spiderman - BLUS30828 - Working
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier - BLES00922 - Working
Twisted Metal - BCUS98106 - Working
Finally, from Sonic-Iso
via IRC comes Rebug 3.55.2 PS3UPDAT.PUP Modded for DEX To Allow ProDG Support
: Well here is something neat I decided to make for you dex users that includes REAL DEX and target 82 dex... run this bad boy and you now have PRODG support on your unit. Mods by Sonic-Iso. Greetz to Amber Lee (Ettinger). Without you babe I wouldn't even be inspired. And all greetz to my homies in the scene. Also this all only works on 3.55. kthnxbai. Just run a real debug PUP to go back to "normal".
Greetz: Mathieulh TheFallen93 Xenon7 CMX DeathClutch KiwiDoggeh Sonic-Iso K3rn3l Huegel Carly360 Xorloser barubary redline m0md4d and anyone else i missed.
All testing for this CFW was done on a E3 flasher. took me 10 minutes to install the thing and its plug and play!
[Sonic-Iso] i added prodg support to rebug for T82 Math converts and real dechas
[Sonic-Iso] if you have a DECH unit *real dev+ or a target 82 unit (fake dev) ir any other fake dev
[Sonic-Iso] this will allow you to run rebug with all patches and allow prodg support
[Sonic-Iso] if your not using c2d
[Sonic-Iso] dont bother
[Sonic-Iso] it'll prolly brix
[Sonic-Iso] you have target 82 set?
[Sonic-Iso] like cex 2 dex
[Sonic-Iso] yeah than DO NOT RUN THIS
[Sonic-Iso] unless you got your eid root key
[Sonic-Iso] and fkasged target ti 82
Darksiders II Working DEX 4.21
Param SFO: http://www.multiupload.nl/IFFBUAL3FK
1) Download and Change PARAM.SFO DUPLEX Releases
2) Update USA Update Debug
3) Play Game
PS3 DEX FIX Tutorial for Journey_Collectors_Edition_PS3-ZRY
This works with Journey_Collectors_Edition_PS3-ZRY
A bit long winded but definitely works (tested on 4.20 DEX)
1.Go to the folder PS3_EXTRA \ D002, unpack the DATA000.PKG file with pkgview.
2.Pack the extracted folder NPUA70218 with psn_package_npdrm with this package.conf
[Register or Login to view code]
Then install pkg on PS3.
3. Make the image as you would a normal dex image (there are tutorials for this everywhere so i will not reinvent the wheel) before you click build....
4. Tick the extra contents (new format) > Setup content Root > click File-Open > select PARAM.SFO file from PS3_EXTRA folder.
5. Go to Content Information Tab, and drag and drop all files (not folders) from PS3_Extra (delete greyed out ones) then click ok.
6. Go to Volume tab click Setup Content Items, then drag and drop pkg files from each of the D00X folders one by one (as you do each one right click and edit param. Then enter the General Parameter - Title (Default) which you can get from param.sfx in each folder ie in D000
[Register or Login to view code]
So you would enter flOw in the Title (Default), drag and drop ICON2.PNG into Content Information Files Tab.. do this with each of the folders pkg's.
7. Click build and make image as usual.
You can make a seperate pkg for the other content ie flow, flower etc just do the same as in step 1 with the other folders and modify the content id. have fun