August 21, 2013 // 5:30 pm
- Following up on the previous
updates, today PlayStation 3 developer facanferff
has made available an update to the Showtime PS3 Plugin TMDB (The Movie DataBase) bringing it to version 1.2.5 followed by v1.3 with the changes below.
To quote: A new version for Showtime Plugin TMDb is now available and adds some features that many users have been asking since day 1.
Please read carefully the changelog and the Important information section as both help you get a better experience in Showtime.
- Add: View Collection images option in movie view
- Add: View images option in movie view
- Add: "Search in Showtime" option in movie view (thanks Buksa)
- Enhancement: Improve some design aspects (makes images fit better for different screens)
- Enhancement: In "Director" field in movie view show all directors instead of just one
- Add: TMDb item menu option (it allows users to see a movie view from any video, including offline videos or anything else)
- andoma: for creating and maintaining Showtime
- Tyrant: for Beta Testing my plugins
- Buksa: for giving me the idea to add a Search in Showtime option
From plugin central inside Showtime you can download and install the plugin.
- To use TMDb item menu option you need at least Showtime v4.3.261.
- If you have Custom Background by Andreas Oman installed you can use the View images/View Collection images to set as main Showtime background a fanart of a movie (in above screenshots, the background was set using this feature, choosing this image: d3gtl9l2a4fn1j.cloudfront.net/t/p/original/wz1h8VPa8DsofvKvu4mFsktUqfl.jpg)
- It may be confusing for some users since a few time ago I said I would not work more in Showtime Plugins, I thought better and decided to make some changes that make me able to continue working in Showtime Plugins, later I'll talk more about it.
: A new update to Showtime Plugin TMDb v1.3 is now available. Finding free time has been extremely hard (studying is hard ) so this is what I have to give you right now to enjoy, more features are being prepared by due to time I don't know when will they be ready.
Changelog version 1.3:
- Add: Setting to allow show all movies found in a search from item menu
- Add: Search for movie by custom title in item menu
- Add: Add movies to a list
Note: For now you have to create manually a list in themoviedb.org website. I tried to add this but right now there seems to be some problem with TMDb API so it isn't included for now.
Installation: Download at Showtime Plugin Central (Apps) inside Showtime
Requirements: Showtime v4.1