June 29, 2011 // 12:00 pm
- Today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer Andreas Oman
has updated the Showtime Media Player for PS3 to version 2.99-534.
Download: Showtime Media Player v2.99-534 for PS3 (SELF)
/ Showtime Media Player v2.99-534 for PS3 (PKG)
To quote: This is the last release (by me) before setting the 3.0 stamp. Hopefully there are no serious issues lurking and if so I hope to be able to release 3.0 in a couple of days.
I know there is still alot of bugs (although not as many as I would expect, to be honest) to be squashed and a lot more features to be implemented.
On top of this I have a lot more ideas in my head for stuff I would like to add. But as always, time is a limiting factor.
A list of changes since 2.99.401 release:
- Popup menu redesigned a bit
- Add support for Windows 1251 codepage
- upnp: Make sure that we really find subtitles when doing a blind probe. This bug has caused problems for some people making some video not start at all.
- Make it possible to enter credentials in the auth popup that is not saved to disk
- Add support for passing mimetypes internally. This speed up media loading and playback start.
- PS3: Update XMB icon (better centered)
- Make SRT subtitle discovery better
- Add support for setting subtitle output delay
- Add seek-by-thumbnail in the command popup menu (looks very bad on PS3 at the moment though)
- ui: Redesign the auth popup
- Improve the setting views
- PS3: Add support for BD remote
- Add support for cycling between audio and subtitle tracks using a single button
- Make presentation of audio and subtitle tracks better
- Improve subtitle rendering. There is a lot of changes here. see bc0cf58e and 76142920
- PS3: Display all reasonable entries found in system VFS root as services on their own
- PS3: If display operates in non-square pixel 16:9 mode, scale UI accordingly
- Use libav.org's recently released 0.7 version (with a couple of bug fixes on top)