June 13, 2011 // 3:22 pm
- Today PlayStation 3 developer bgK
has updated ScummVM, an implementation of LucasArts SCUMM interpreter emulator, to Build 20110605 for PS3 Custom Firmware users.
For those unaware, ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files.
Download: ScummVM Build 20110605 for PS3 CFW
/ ScummVM Build 20110605 for GeoHot/WutangRZA PS3 CFW
To quote: ScummVM on PS3
Configuring and playing games
PlayStation 3 Specifics
- From a computer, download the installable package of the PS3 port from ScummVM’s main site. It should be a .pkg file. Copy it to an USB drive.
- After having plugged the USB drive to you PS3, the installation package should appear in the XMB under the “Games > Install Package” menu. Installing it copies ScummVM and its dependencies to your PS3′s hard drive. It also adds the “Games > PlayStation 3 > ScummVM” XMB entry which is to be used to launch ScummVM.
- Games can be launched either from an USB drive or from the internal hard drive. The internal hard drive has better performance though.
- Savegames are wrote in the /hdd0/game/SCUM12000/saves folder.
- Left stick => Mouse
- Cross => Left mouse button
- Circle => Right mouse button
- Triangle => Game menu (F5)
- Square => Escape
- Start => ScummVM’s in global game menu
- Select => Toggle virtual keyboard
- L1 => AGI predictive input dialog
Building from source
- Unauthorized distribution of an installable package with non freeware games included is a violation of the copyright law and is as such forbidden.
Once all the dependencies are correctly setup, an installable package can be obtained from source by issuing the following command :
./configure –host=ps3 && make ps3pkg