July 28, 2012 // 1:25 am
- Today the ScummVM
Team have updated their ScummVM PS3 Emulator release from the prior revision
to version 1.5.0 dubbed "Picnic Basket" which now includes more supported games and fixes as outlined below followed by version 0.1.6.
Download: ScummVM 1.5.0 PS3 Emulator
/ ScummVM 1.6.0 PS3 Emulator
To quote: Little Red Riding Hood looking over at her grandmother's latest install of ScummVM, noting the update to version 1.5.0 and asked "My what a lot of games you now support". "All the better to entertain you with my dear!" responded the curiously grinning relative.
We all love to feast on the most sumptuous of gaming titles and our latest release will fulfill your craving for even more classic point and click adventures. Version 1.5.0 adds support for Once Upon A Time: Little Red Riding Hood and the following titles:
- Backyard Baseball 2003
- Blue Force
- Darby the Dragon
- Gregory and the Hot Air Balloon
- Magic Tales: Liam Finds a Story
- Sleeping Cub's Test of Courage
- The Princess and the Crab
Enjoy and hopefully you won't find the big bad wolf who is sure to give you a byte!
Previous Testing Build Details: ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files.
The clever part about this: ScummVM just replaces the executables shipped with the games, allowing you to play them on systems for which they were never designed!Among the systems on which you can play those games are Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Dreamcast, PocketPC, PalmOS, AmigaOS, BeOS, OS/2, PSP, PS2, SymbianOS and many more!
ScummVM v1.5.0 Changelog:
- Added support for Backyard Baseball 2003.
- Added support for Blue Force.
- Added support for Darby the Dragon.
- Added support for Dreamweb.
- Added support for Geisha.
- Added support for Gregory and the Hot Air Balloon.
- Added support for Magic Tales: Liam Finds a Story.
- Added support for Once Upon A Time: Little Red Riding Hood
- Added support for Sleeping Cub's Test of Courage.
- Added support for Soltys.
- Added support for The Princess and the Crab.
- Updated MT-32 emulation code to latest munt project snapshot. The emulation improved dramatically.
- Implemented support for TrueType fonts via FreeType2 in our GUI. Along with it GNU FreeFont was also added to our modern theme. Note that not all ports take advantage of this.
- Added Basque translation.
- Added custom game and engine options in the AGI, DREAMWEB, KYRA, QUEEN, SKY and SCI engines. It is now possible to toggle these options via the Engine tab when adding or editing a configuration for a game. In most cases, you will have to run each game once or readd them all in ScummVM's launcher in order to get the custom options tab.
- Improved predictive dialog look.
- Various GUI improvements.
Broken Sword 1:
- Fixed incorrect sound effects in the DOS/Windows demo.
- Added support for PlayStation videos.
- Fixed missing subtitles in the demo.
Broken Sword 2:
- Added support for PlayStation videos.
- Implemented Roland MT-32 output driver.
- Added Spanish subtitles in the Von Braun cutscene (#3069981: no subtitles in scene with "von Braun").
- Fixed a crash in Lost in Time
- Rewrote the AdLib player. Enabled the now working MDY player in Fascination and Geisha.
- Added support for the Macintosh version of SPY Fox in Hold the Mustard.
- Added a difficulty selection dialog for Loom FM-TOWNS.
- Fixed graphical glitches in HE98 version of Pajama Sam's Lost & Found.
- Changed "F5 (menu)" gesture to open up the global main menu instead.
- Added support for custom cursor palettes, this makes the moderm theme use the red pointer cursor for example.
- Added aspect ratio correction feature.
- Implemented 16 bits per pixel support for games.
- Added support for Nokia 770 running OS2008 HE.
- Added configurable keymap.
- Changed default savegames location for Windows NT4/2000/XP/Vista/7. (The migration batch file can be used to copy savegames from the old default location, to the new default location).
: ScummVM 1.6.0 is Near: Greetings, fellow adventure gamers! We have finally come to the point when ScummVM 1.6.0 testing starts.
This release adds support for a number of new games that need to be tested:
- 3 Skulls of the Toltecs
- Eye of the Beholder
- Eye of the Beholder II: The Legend of Darkmoon
- Hopkins FBI
- Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths
- The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime
In addition, if you have Macintosh version of Discworld, please give it a try as well.
ScummVM v1.6.0git2206-g0d52e27 (DEC 8 2012 20:02:21) compiled by pete_uk
Compiled by myself from the official ScummVM git and signed by DeanK to be compatible with all CFWs (3.40 - 4.30)
Freeware ScummVM Games
ScummVM v1.6.0git2625-gadc338c for ALL PS3 CFW Compiled by pete_uk
(via techbliss.org/threads/scummvm-v1-6-0git2625-gadc338c-for-all-cfws.139/ and github.com/scummvm/scummvm/commits/)
Download: ScummVM 1.6.0 git2625 gadc338c PKG
1.6.0 (????-??-??) New Games:
- Added support for 3 Skulls of the Toltecs.
- Added support for Eye of the Beholder.
- Added support for Eye of the Beholder II: The Legend of Darkmoon.
- Added a new save/load chooser based on a grid of thumbnails. This is only supported for resolutions bigger than 640x400. The old chooser is still available and used for games without thumbnail support. It is possible to select the old one as default too.
- Rewrote VideoDecoder subsystem.
- Added Galician translation.
- Added Finnish translation.
- Added Belarusian translation.
- Using the mouse wheel on a slider widget now changes the value by the smallest possible amount. This is more predictable than the old behaviour, which was to change the value by "one pixel" which would sometimes not change it at all.
- Updated MT-32 emulation code to latest munt project snapshot.
- Added FluidSynth settings dialog, mainly for reverb and chorus settings.
- Improved audio support for Amiga and AtariST versions of Future Wars. Now music fades out slowly instead of stopping immediately. Sound effects are now properly panned, when requested by the game.
- Resolved multiple UI issues with the original save/load screen.
- Added advanced savegame functionality, including savegame timestamps and thumbnails and the ability to load and delete savegames from the launcher. It's now possible to use the ScummvM save/load dialogs.
- The F7 key (previously unmapped) now always shows the ScummVM load screen. The F10 key displays either the original save/load screen, or the ScummVM save screen, if the user has selected to use the ScummVM save/load dialogs.
- Now that the game is freeware, there is a small extra help text showing the available commands in the in-game terminals when the player uses the 'help' command. Previously, players needed to consult the manual for the available commands. Since this reference to the manual is a form of copy protection, this extra line can be toggled by the ScummVM copy protection command line option.
- Simplified the movie speed options, and added a custom option for The 7th Guest. Movie options are now "normal" and "fast", with the latter changing the movie speed in T7G to match the faster movie speed of the iOS version. The game entry might need to be readded in the launcher for the new setting to appear.
- Added music support for the Macintosh version of I Have No Mouth and, I Must Scream.
- Implemented Monkey Island 2 Macintosh's audio driver. Now we properly support its sample based audio output. The same output is also used for the m68k Macintosh version of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.
- Improved music support for the Macintosh version of Monkey Island 1. It now uses the original instruments, rather than approximating them with General MIDI instruments, and should sound a lot closer to the original.
- Added sound and music support for the Macintosh version of Loom.
- Handle double-clicking in the Macintosh version of Loom.