November 13, 2011 // 12:32 am
- Following up on the previous
release and PS3 Port Build 20110622
, this weekend PlayStation 3 developer bgK
has updated ScummVM, an implementation of LucasArts SCUMM interpreter emulator, to ScummVM version 1.4.0 in celebration of their 10th anniversary.
Download: ScummVM v1.4.0 for PS3
/ Where to Get Games
To quote: It has been over 10 years. We are here thanks to the work of 131 developers. 49,124 commits were made just to the ScummVM tree and those turned into a massive 1,085,714 lines of code (excluding comments) and of course over 7.6 million downloads from the main site alone. I would say those were a great ten years.
The outcome is ScummVM 1.4.0 which we are releasing today, 11/11/11 11:11:11.11.
More games are supported: Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos (based on the same engine as Kyrandia), the kids' game Blue's Birthday Adventure, and the science fiction game Ringworld: Revenge of the Patriarch. On top of that, practically all supported Sierra SCI games now have their Amiga versions working.
Our musically inclined users will notice PC speaker support in Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, CMS support in Loom, The Secret of Monkey Island and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, fixed MIDI in the DOS versions of the Elvira series, and even sound in Winnie the Pooh in the Hundred Acre Wood!
As always, there are many more new features; you can find the full list in our release notes and the release itself on our downloads page. Enjoy!
ScummVM 1.4.0 Emulator for PS3 Changelog:
- Added support for Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos.
- Added support for Blue's Birthday Adventure.
- Added support for Ringworld: Revenge Of The Patriarch.
- Added support for the Amiga version of Conquests of the Longbow.
- Added PlayStation 3 port.
- Fixed the ARM assembly routine for reverse stereo audio.
- Added support for building with MacPorts out of the box.
- Implemented sound support for the DOS version of Winnie the Pooh in the
- Hundred Acre Wood.
- Implemented support for loading data directly from InstallShield cabinets in The Feeble Files and Simon the Sorcerer's Puzzle Pack.
- Fixed loading and saving in the PC version of Waxworks.
- Fixed music in the PC versions of Elvira 1/2 and Waxworks.
- Added support for the iOS version of The 7th Guest.
- Fixed crash when trying to talk and ask something at the same time.
- Added better handling of digital vs. synthesized sound effects. If the "Mixed Adlib / MIDI mode" checkbox is checked, the engine will prefer digital sound effects, otherwise their synthesized counterparts will be preferred instead, if both versions of the same effect exist.
- Implemented PC Speaker support for SCUMM v5 games.
- Fixed priority bug in iMuse. As a result the AdLib music should sound better, since important notes are not interrupted anymore.
- Implemented CMS support for Loom, The Secret of Monkey Island and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- Improved palette handling for the Amiga version of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.
Broken Sword 1:
- Fix freeze in Windows demo.
- Fix crash when using cutscene subtitles pack with the Macintosh version.
- Fixed deleting saved games from the list of saved games (from the launcher and the in-game ScummVM menu).
- The US version of Discworld II now shows the correct title screen and language flag.
- Fixed plugins on Android 3.x.
- Moved the default saved game location to the SD card.