PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!

Home PS4 News - Latest PlayStation 4 and PS3 News

244w ago - Yesterday we reported on news of the first x3JailBreak PS JailBreak PS3 USB ModChip clone, and today it is being labeled as a possible fake with a second clone dubbed the PS3Key Mod surfacing.

Similar to the x3JailBreak site, the Dutch Web site PS3Key.com lacks specific details on the alleged clone, so only time will tell if it is legitimate or not.

They do state, however, to quote: "Good news everyone! Our mad scientist has confirmed that getting into the console is as simple as pretending to be a USB hub! It doesn't look like this is going to take any more than a few weeks!"

According to Nyleveia.com (linked above), x3JailBreak is nothing more than the internals of a generic or branded-clone USB flash drive when compared to PS JailBreak which they say likely utilizes an Alcor AU6984 flash storage controller.

To quote: "Both devices follow a similar layout with a bank of SMT's leading to a crystal oscillator then a flash controller and lastly the SMD (Activity light). On the lower device, the flash memory itself is located on the underside of the PCB, as the many vias present in the PCB around the flash controller indicate.

A similar arrangement of vias are present on the purported x3Jailbreak, leading me to believe that there is actually a flash chip present on the rear of "their PCB" too."

Rumor: x3JailBreak PS JailBreak Clone Fake, PS3Key Mod Arrives

Rumor: x3JailBreak PS JailBreak Clone Fake, PS3Key Mod Arrives

Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene and PlayStation 4 scene updates and fresh homebrew PS3 Downloads. Enjoy!


  • Sponsored Links




#45 - akrondav - 244w ago
akrondav's Avatar
I can in fact verify that the PS Jailbreak is a STD USB with a 256 MB and a reversed PS Program I have got my hands on the files needed to install onto USB need to figure out the format cause I tried FAT 32 and it did not work I will keep everyone posted as to my success.

#44 - dante489 - 244w ago
dante489's Avatar
Quote Originally Posted by OGroteKoning View Post
Not everybody will be using the device. Some will still operate on a previous firmware with OtherOS enabled - for them this could be very valuable.

can we enable 3d acceleration without such a device?.. i guess if there is a 3d acceleration support in the future , it might be through this device or a similar one.

that's why i assumed that everyone who is interested in hacking his ps3 will have one!

#43 - saviour07 - 244w ago
saviour07's Avatar
Quote Originally Posted by OGroteKoning View Post
Not everybody will be using the device. Some will still operate on a previous firmware with OtherOS enabled - for them this could be very valuable.

Do you mean having a 3D accelerated driver could be useful?
If so then i agree.

But if you mean using the usb in conjunction with OtherOS:
since a prerequisite of using the usb device is that the FW is 3.41, then anyone still using 3.15 will effectively have no use for the device at all.

It's an "either/or" situation - you either have linux or you have this usb dongle.

Something i'm sure is plausable with using the usb is to enable the flag which states Linux can be used on FW > 3.15, in which case users would not have to make that kind of choice.

#42 - dante489 - 244w ago
dante489's Avatar
Quote Originally Posted by OGroteKoning View Post
Not everybody will be using the device. Some will still operate on a previous firmware with OtherOS enabled - for them this could be very valuable.

can we access the rsx chip with this device? i mean how low-level this dongle could do especially with Linux?

and what i meant was that having the ability to run unsigned codes on gameOS is more than enough to have some good emulators and media players right?

so why do we bother running emulators/HD media players on a heavy OS like Linux considering the low size of the ps3 ram? because the otherOS can only see 256mb of the total ram , it was limited by sony, correct me if i'm wrong.

so i guess the gameOS is the way to go for homebrew.. why would anyone need Linux?

sorry for my bad English thought!

#41 - OGroteKoning - 244w ago
OGroteKoning's Avatar
Quote Originally Posted by dante489 View Post
we don't need Linux anymore, we can run our own unsigned codes on the gameOS with this device!

so why are we even bothering with enabling 3d acceleration in Linux?

Not everybody will be using the device. Some will still operate on a previous firmware with OtherOS enabled - for them this could be very valuable.

#40 - BwE - 244w ago
BwE's Avatar
Quote Originally Posted by dante489 View Post
we don't need Linux anymore, we can run our own unsigned codes on the gameOS with this device!

so why are we even bothering with enabling 3d acceleration in Linux?


so we can be cool cats.

#39 - dante489 - 244w ago
dante489's Avatar
we don't need Linux anymore, we can run our own unsigned codes on the gameOS with this device!

so why are we even bothering with enabling 3d acceleration in Linux?

#38 - OGroteKoning - 244w ago
OGroteKoning's Avatar
Quote Originally Posted by FirebirdTA01 View Post
I too, along with my team, have been given the opportunity to test this device. No, you dont know us, I'm a dev who keeps all of my work mostly secret unless its a large breakthrough... there hasnt been any except for getting 3d acceleration on the cell under linux... but no one else has made any until now either so back on topic.

Please send your findings of 3d acceleration to the devs.

#37 - FirebirdTA01 - 244w ago
FirebirdTA01's Avatar
Quote Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
3D acceleration... by that I assume you mean control of the RSX, that would be quite significant and I find it hard to believe there wouldn't be a peep about something such as that.

Your claim then the immediate dismissal about makes me all the more wary about anything you say. Tin foil hat on.

No, actually 3d acceleration running on the cell. The mesa driver, did some work on it to get it to work... kinda work that is. And I dont really care about what you think just yet anyway. I was just saying that I will be able to confirm or deny this after I receive this x3 jailbreak... if that is they ever send one like they are claiming. Please dont hate just yet.
Quote Originally Posted by tripellex View Post
Speaking of clones, here come the clones of me! "Oh, hello, you don't know me, but I'm a major player in the scene, even though I have exactly one post and negative reputation. Please to be havingz your mod to test? kthxbai"

lol

The fact that I never post on this site means nothing. I just figured that I would be able to use this as a place to spread the news. If no one wishes to hear it then dont listen. Dont hate just because you dont know what you speak of. I work on my own things, like most real "hackers" do. They only "hack" the things that they want and do it so it does something THEY want. I want programming practice and a great way to expand would be to get the ps3 to play it. I also want it to function as a wireless access point and skype point. But thats just me... back on topic, dont hate and bash just because you've never heard of me.

#36 - tripellex - 244w ago
tripellex's Avatar
Quote Originally Posted by FirebirdTA01 View Post

I've agreed to their terms and will make a review and video proving this to be authentic... if thats what it turns out to be. With one of these x3's on the way, only a short time until we will all know if this is a legit product we can trust our money in.


Speaking of clones, here come the clones of me! "Oh, hello, you don't know me, but I'm a major player in the scene, even though I have exactly one post and negative reputation. Please to be havingz your mod to test? kthxbai"

lol