March 29, 2013 // 7:01 am
- Following up on his recent CEX 4.40 v1.02 PS3 CFW
and PS3 NOR and NAND Auto Patcher v0.04
, PlayStation 3 developer Rogero
has now released a Rogero Downgrader PUP for any PS3 CFW version back to 3.55.
(183.45 MB) / 3.55 Rogero Downgrader RSOD.PUP
(Mirror) / 3.55_Rogero_Downgrader_RSOD.PUP
(Mirror #2) / 3.55 Rogero Downgrader RSOD.PUP
(Mirror #3) / 3.55 Rogero Downgrader RSOD.PUP
(Mirror #4) / 3.55_rogero_downgrader_rsod.rar
(Mirror #5) / Toggle QA.pkg
/ Toggle QA.pkg
(Mirror) / toggle_qa.pkg
Size: 183 MB (192,364,467 bytes)
To quote: Rogero Downgrader PUP for any CFW version back to 3.55
- This CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over any CFW version ( 3.55 --> 9.99 )
- RSOD screen bypass patch for RSOD machines (it won't fix the RSOD but allows the PS3 to boot fine into XMB)
- It does have all the features from Rogero CEX-3.55 v3.7
Downgrading back to CFW3.55 from any CFW version (3.55 --> 9.99) is always possible using the following steps:
- Download the Rogero Downgrader PUP from the links posted above.
- Rename the downloaded file to "PS3UPDAT.PUP" and put it on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP"
- While on any CFW version, go to System Update from XMB and install the Downgrader PUP.
- After the Downgrader PUP installs you'll be back on CFW3.55 (but the syscon version will still have 9.99 in it)
- In case you didn't have it Set Before, Enable QA flag by following these steps:
- Download the Rebug QA_Toggle package from here ---> toggle_qa.pkg
- Put the "toggle_qa.pkg" on USB and Install it on the PS3.
- Run the "Rebug Toggle QA" from XMB, the screen will go Black and you will see HDD Led activity then if all went fine you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and the PS3 will Restart back to XMB.
- If you want to make sure QA flag was set, go to "Network Settings" then apply the following key combo (all at the same time): L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down
You should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files if done correctly.
- Now put "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" on your USB in: "USB\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP" ---> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7.PUP
- Start the PS3 and install "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" using the System Update from XMB.
- Once you're back on Rogero CFW3.55 v3.7 you can now install any CFW you want using the System Update from XMB (or Recovery Menu if XMB Update didn't work).