January 12, 2014 // 11:43 pm
- Following up on the previous
update, today RetroArch PS3 v22.214.171.124 is officially released from PlayStation 3 developers Squarepusher
) and piaf
with details below.
(50.87 MB) / UP0001-SSNE10000_00-0000000000000001.pkg
(Mirror) / retroarch-ps3-v126.96.36.199-dex.zip
(176 MB) / RetroArch-v188.8.131.52-COBRA_ODE.zip
(49.5 MB) by Mogwai
/ RetroArch 184.108.40.206 ghettobuild.iso
(This is the version 220.127.116.11 GhettoBuild that I am currently running and unable to save/detect cores. I used aldostools to edit the param.sfo and disk.sfb)
Changes: PlayStation 3 - v18.104.22.168 - RetroArch.PS3.v22.214.171.124.FOR.DEX.PS3 Changelog
- Added core info files - forgot to add them in v126.96.36.199 which made the Detect Core functionality not show up
- Overlays should work now - these will play a big role in future versions
- Menu controls now honor the 'O Button Behavior' from your PS3'S System Settings
- (CURRENTLY BROKEN) - Analog to D-pad mapping
Note: If you installed v188.8.131.52
and received a disc required error or had to boot multiMAN first this new CEX resigned by piaf
has remedied that issue.
This is a port of RetroArch to jailbroken / debug PlayStation 3. Cores currently supported:
- Genesis Plus GX
- SNES9x Next
- VBA Next
- Mednafen PCE Fast
- Mednafen NGP
- Mednafen VB
- Mednafen Wonderswan
- MAME 2003 NEW!
- NX Engine (Cave Story)
- Final Burn Alpha
Finally, from Mogwai
: Here's (linked above) a RetroArch v184.108.40.206 ISO that works for me on my super slim:
- Put the retroarch folder including subfolders on USB stick/HD.
- Put your ROMs in retroarch/roms folder.
- Insert stick in USB slot 000 (the right most port closest to the optical drive)
- Start RetroArch ISO
Things that should work:
- Save game / save states
- Core auto-detection
- Going directly to roms folder in browser
- Game history
Let me know if it works!
: I tried it and it launched the first time, after exiting and relaunching it would return to the XMB. Also, why is the filesize smaller than the one aaa801 uploaded