January 6, 2014 // 7:52 pm
- Following up on the previous
update, today RetroArch PS3 v184.108.40.206 is officially released from PlayStation 3 developers Squarepusher
) and Mainster
with details below.
(retroarch-ps3-v220.127.116.11-dex.zip - 175 MB) / RetroArch.PS3.v18.104.22.168.FOR.COBRA.ODE.PS3
(retroarch-ps3-v22.214.171.124-cobra-ode.zip - 101 MB) / RetroArch-126.96.36.199-COBRA-ODE.iso
(105.7 MB) / RetroArch_PS3-v1_0_ CEX.rar
(50.59 MB) / RetroArch-1.0.0-COBRA-ODE-2.iso
(New Build with MAME (All Cores) Support - 136.8 MB) by aaa801
(30 MB) / UP0001-SSNE10000_00-0000000000000001.pkg
(50.6 MB) by haz367
(works on PS3MFW Rogero 453 style MFW, tested Wonderswan in a hurry.. all good) / 3K3Y ISO Patcher.rar
/ RetroArch Android (Google Play Store)
Here are the cores currently supported on the PS3 version:
- MAME 2003 - NEW - Arcade- MAME 0.78 Romset
- Final Burn Alpha - Arcade - FB Alpha v0.2.97.30
- Genesis Plus GX - Sega SG-1000 - Sega Game Gear - Sega Master System - Sega Genesis - Sega CD
- SNES9x Next - Super Nintendo
- VBA Next - Game Boy Advance
- NEStopia - Nintendo NES - Nintendo Famicon Disk
- FCEUmm - Nintendo NES
- QuickNES - Nintendo NES
- Mednafen PCE Fast - Turbo Grafx 16 / PC-Engine - Turbo Grafx CD - Super Grafx
- Mednafen NGP - Neo Geo Pocket
- Mednafen VB - Nintendo Virtual Boy
- Mednafen Wonderswan - WonderSwan - WonderSwan Color
- prBoom - Doom I / II
- Tyrquake - Quake
- NX Engine - Cave Story
- Gambatte - Game Boy - Game Boy Color
Note: MAME 2003 (0.78): Once a game is loaded and disclaimer warning appears press L to R to agree / signal OK.
Here's the changelog of the PS3 version:
- VBA Next performance improvements - all games should now play at fullspeed more or less (even games like Final Fantasy 5/6)
- Revised menu - should now have the same functionality as all other RetroArch versions
- New 'Detect Core' function - you no longer have to switch a core and then select a ROM - with this mode you can select a ROM and RetroArch will look at the file extension and start the core associated to it. If there are multiple cores that support this file extension, then it will give you a list of supported cores and you can select which one you want to use.
- Much improved OpenGL driver - the PS3 version of RetroArch should now have the
- Lowest input/video latency out of all RetroArch versions (with the exception of maybe KMS/libdrm on Linux).
- Comes with MAME 2003 now. Mortal Kombat 1/2/3/Ultimate should all play at fullspeed with the DCS Hack enabled.
- Many more changes...
Note: New 'Detect Core' function: this feature currently is not working.
Finally, from fedoraubuntu
: To operate 3k3y: To run the Retroarch just follow these steps: Download retroarch and program 3k3y iso patch and follow the link retroarch snake-ode 3k3y Iso patch.
Open 3k3y iso patch, select the iso retroarch snake-ode, click patch iso, ready and just play. Note: SET THE PATH TO ROM DIR.