January 18, 2012 // 8:45 pm - Below is a RenPKG v1.0 Beta 3 Win32 homebrew application made by myself with source code included.

It allows users to restore the names of PS3 PKG and EDAT Files to their original PlayStation 3 ones.

Download: RenPKG v1.0 Beta 3 PS3 Application

I hope It will be useful for you Be careful if you need to rename update pkg files! Source files are included

In related PlayStation 3 homebrew news, today on IRC deroad released Buzzer Player followed by Buzzer Player version 1.1 on his Blog and Buzzer Player v1.2 and PS3 LED Changer v1 followed by PS3 LED Changer v1.1 in another Blog update, and from the included ReadMe files:

This is a simple player, it reads two var (var1 and Var2) from a file.

The file must be called buzzer.txt and placed in the main folder of a USB an example:

on Windows: My USB is j so, i will put this file here: j:/buzzer.txt

on OSX: My USB is 8GB so, i will put this file here: /Volumes/8GB/buzzer.txt

on LINUX: My USB is 8GB so, i will put this file here: /media/8GB/buzzer.txt

Beeps

• Var1 Var2 DESCRIPTION
  • 4 6 Makes a short single beep
  • 10 438 Makes a double beep
  • 7 54 End
  • 10 4095 Makes a continuous beep

(you can try also different numbers)

Changelog v1.1:

• added the usb007
  • added file not found

Changelog v1.2:

• fixed an awful bug.

PS3 LED Changer v1:

This is a simple led changer, it reads two var (A and B) from a file. The file must be called led.txt and placed in the main folder of a USB. An example:

on Windows: My USB is j so, i will put this file here: j:/led.txt

on OSX: My USB is 8GB so, i will put this file here: /Volumes/8GB/led.txt

on LINUX: My USB is 8GB so, i will put this file here: /media/8GB/led.txt

Colors

[Register or Login to view code]

PS3 LED Changer v1.1 Changelog:

• I fixed an awful bug

RenPKG v1.0 Beta 3 - Restore Names of PS3 PKG and EDAT Files

#8 - PS4 News - January 23, 2012 // 9:21 pm
Thanks for the update romhunter, +Rep and I have mainpaged it now as well!

#7 - romhunter - January 23, 2012 // 9:03 pm
romhunter's Avatar
Following up on the initial release, I have now updated my Win32 PS3 homebrew application to RenPKG v1.0 Beta 4 complete with source code included.

Download: RenPKG v1.0 Beta 4 for PS3 / RenPKG v1.0 Beta 4 for PS3 (Mirror)

For those unaware, it allows users to restore the names of PS3 PKG and EDAT Files to their original PlayStation 3 ones and now includes RIF and RAP+RIF support as noted in the changelog below.

RenPKG v1.0 Beta 4 Changelog:

• Added RIF and RAP+RIF support

Finally, if you have any bug reports or feedback feel free to let me know in this ongoing thread.

More PlayStation 3 News...

#6 - romhunter - January 19, 2012 // 8:37 pm
romhunter's Avatar
Hi. rif and rap files are currently not supported. Maybe in beta 4

#5 - richboi78 - January 19, 2012 // 6:45 pm
richboi78's Avatar
I have some mass effect 2 firepower dlc that I'm trying to restore. Have the pkg and rif, and rap. Will this fix it?

#4 - romhunter - January 18, 2012 // 10:21 pm
romhunter's Avatar
No, It just renames your files. You must give filename as an input (renpkg automatically detects the file format: pkg, edat, unknown).

Command help is in spanish. I'm sorry.

#3 - Brenza - January 18, 2012 // 9:53 pm
Brenza's Avatar
i don't understand, do you need both pkg and edat files or you can generate edat from the pkg?

#2 - SanctumSlayer - January 18, 2012 // 9:14 pm
SanctumSlayer's Avatar
This sounds interesting....

#1 - PS4 News - January 18, 2012 // 8:46 pm
Thanks for sharing this romhunter and +Rep! I have now promoted it to the main page as well!