- Following up on PSP2PS3 v1.7.3 for CEX / DEX
, today Italian PlayStation 3 developers at BiteYourConsole have updated their PSP Minis on PS3
application dubbed PSPMinis / Bite to version 1.2 with the changes below.
Download: PSPMinis / Bite v1.2
/ PSPMinis / Bite v1.2
(Mirror) / PSPMinis / Bite v1.2
(Mirror #2) / PSPMinis / Bite v1.1
(Can't decrypt some tags) by lex3a
/ PSP MINIS 1.1 GUI
To quote, roughly translated: Based on the frequent releases of the developer szczuru
for his excellent work PSP2PS3 arrived at version 1.7.3 we have decided to release a program that simplifies the steps to follow.
Drag a file EBOOT.PBP, a PKG file to be extracted or an ISO file in the window that you see in the program. Click PspMinis PspMinis CEX DEX or according to your console.
From this screen, we can extract the PKG file included above, to convert our ISO file EBOOT.PBP, or if we can create an EBOOT.PBP file ISO.BIN and MINIS.bin. The program creates the game in PKG format to install on the PS3 in 3 simple clicks of the mouse. Convert, Create, Build.
Batch files have been translated into Italian for a quick and easy understanding.
1.7.3 PSP2PS3 Changelog:
- MAKE_EDATS_CEX: Starting EDAT when the user chooses to unpack the ISO.
- MAKE_PACKAGE: Fixed an issue when the sleep function does not exist in the system.
- ISO2EBOOT: DONOR.PBP the file is no longer required.
- Fake_np replaced, support for files larger than 728 mb, no longer requires the donor file thanks to Aldo (aldostools).
Changelog 1.2 Bite program:
- Adding psp icon in the program.
- Adding sounds to mouse clicks on the buttons.
- Fixed other minor bugs.
: PSP isn't needed anymore to decrypt EBOOTs I'm testing this method since morning and working ok.
Download JPCPS and in Options->Configuration-> Crypto TAB enable 'Extract decrypted EBOOT.BIN files to TMP folder' option.
Then load encrypted EBOOT.BIN using "Load file" option. Decrypted EBOOT.BIN will be saved in TMP directory.
: In Dev C++ you can just install the zlib package. aldostools, is there anything stopping us from using the real SFO info from iso in the EBOOT.PBP (Title and CID)? Instead of DONOR.PBP's SFO info? Editing the src of fakebig_np you provided...
: Well the code is not mine and I haven't tested it, but looking in the .h files, I guess it could be possible to replace in UCES00310.h, the static bytes listed below with some values received from a parameter (unless some of the other bytes contain a hash of the headers):
[Register or Login to view code]
: i don't know if this has been told, but simply EBOOT.PBP is enough rename, no need for NP.PBP on npdpc v2.
Another "mod" based on the awesome work from szczuru (BRAIN) 1.7.3. I have been trying to streamline the procedure to basically 1 single click: put the file (pkg, cso or iso) in the PSP2PS3 folder and run the proper batch.
The "MakeEDATs.exe" will fill the CID and press the buttons automatically and auto create the PKG. It is a "beta" that is focused on the PSP conversion for CEX, so the DEX procedure could not be working. If there are not major issues, I could be integrating this to the Windows context menu of the ps3tools collection... if szczuru is ok with that.
Using my "mod" 1.7.3a are 2 steps:
If your game is in CSO format:
1. put the .cso of CC:FF7 in PSP2PS3 folder (make sure there are not other .cso)
2. run "1b. CSO2ISO.bat" and wait until it finish.
If your game is already in ISO format:
1. put the .iso of CC:FF7 in PSP2PS3 folder and rename it as NP.ISO
2. run "1b. ISO2EBOOT.bat" and wait until it finish.
Here is another "mod" v1.7.3c: Download: PSP2PS3_v1.7.3c_CEX-DEX.7z
- Added support for context menu: run "Right_click_context_menu - CSO & PBP.bat" as administrator (In my tests currently CSO context is worked, for some reason PBP didn't show. I will add ISO to the context menu later... this is still a WIP)
- The PKG now uses the original name of the CSO
- ISO2PBP.bat now uses the old version of fake_np 1.0 if the ISO image is smaller than 133.4MB (this helps to speed up the conversion & makes the final PKG smaller)
- Fix: Added option to include or not the load_tmp/open_tmp/save_tmp in the placeholder.
- Disabled the question about upload the PKG to FTP (it can be enabled commenting the goto ftp_no in 3. MAKE_PACKAGE.bat)
- Improved the speed of MakeEDATs.exe (now should work better)
- More bug fixes (this version still doesn't use the CID as command line parameter from pink1... I will check it later)
Only EDATs and PKG should have the same Content ID. The content id of the EBOOT is not validated by the PS3.
In my tests:
- EBOOT CID=Syphon, EDAT CID=Brave, PKG CID=Brave ---> OK
- EBOOT CID=Syphon, EDAT CID=Syphon, PKG CID=Brave ---> Black Screen
- EBOOT CID=Brave, EDAT CID=Brave, PKG CID=Brave ---> OK (but requires Brave from PSN)
: It doesn't get the contentID straight from the PBP first it dumps the BINs with mongoose.exe and then reads it from ISO.BIN with:
[Register or Login to view code]
: English "make.bat" made by Google:
[Register or Login to view code]
comes a video
demonstrating a possibility of Minis on SEX-based MFW. To quote:
Let’s back a bit in time, when Kakaroto was making his HEN for OFW 4.xx. He said, that he was able to install pkg’s but can’t run it because it requires proper SELF signature. Minis doesn’t have any SELF files inside and could be packed as free content.
Well, i have done one experiment – on CFW 3.55 i installed those packages, updated to SEX-based MFW by TechnoDon
and tried to run installed pseudo-minis. See, what happened on video (sorry for quality, unfortunately PS Vita can’t record it better). I have flasher, so it not a problem for me to go back to normal CFW.
) comes the first English version of Bite 1.2 / PSP2PS3v1.7.3a CEX-DEX with details below, as follows:
Download: PSP MINIS 1.1 GUI
PSP MINIS 1.1 GUI Changelog:
- Fixed issue with buttons and no resources
- Made simple with menu strip
- Also fixed directory issue need to be extracted to desktop
Finally, below are the initial PSPMinis v1.1 details for legacy purposes, roughly translated as follows:
We are pleased to present our latest project by BiteYourConsole, PSPMinis 1.1. The program contains all the files with bat (batch file contains a sequence of commands to the command interpreter system, usually Command.com or Cmd.exe).
If the program is drag an EBOOT.PBP, a PKG file to extract or file you want to convert and click DONOR.ISO our choice, whether to convert the title for the console or the console CEX DEX.
From here we have two possibilities, if we have an ISO image file we can convert an EBOOT.PBP, we can also extract a PKG file exists in the directory, the program will automatically extract the file in bytes.
Or if we have the EBOOT.PBP we can convert to our PS3, we can create an infinite number of packages with the ability to be able to change the ID PKG. The PKG file that is created can be found in directory Bite or in the tools folder.