- Following up on his previous
release, PlayStation 3 homebrew developer KW
) has updated to PSN Patch v2.40 followed by v2.41 and v2.45 for PS3 Custom Firmware, which adds Habib Cobra 4.55 v1.00 PS3 CFW
support and allows users to temporarily disable their CFW, spoof their Console ID and more as detailed below.
Download: psnpatch 2.40.zip
/ psnpatch 2.41.zip
/ psnpatch 2.45.zip
To quote: PSNPatch 2.41 - WITH COBRA PLUGIN & STEALTH EXTENSIONS for 4.XX CFW & COBRA Editions by KW
What is PSNPatch ?
- Spoofs IDPS (console ID) and PSID;
- Disables cfw syscalls (emulates official firmware);
- Opional cobra stealth extensions for perfect cfw disabling in COBRA systems;
- Deletes game launch history;
- Installs RAPs and EDATs.
- Unlocks PSN (c00) game demos.
- Patches installed 4.50+ games to run in 4.46 systems.
- Version spoofing from cobra 4.46, 4.53 & 4.55 to ANY OTHER firmware version.
- PSNPatch plugin available for cobra systems;
- Includes webMAN installation and XMB configuration.
Compatible with 4.XX systems including and COBRA editions.
VERSION [2.40] 07/03/2014
VERSION [2.41] 07/03/2014
- Updated "CFW Disabled" message in psnpatch cobra plugin to inform if using "normal mode" or "stealth extensions".
- Added support for HABIB Cobra 4.55.
- New stealth extensions for Cobra 4.55.
- Version spoofing for cobra 4.55 (spoofs any future firmware version).
- When spoofing version in cobra 4.53, stealth extensions are automatically activated.
- When removing stealth extensions in 4.53, version spoofing is automatically disabled.
- Disables dev_habib (writeable flash) mounting at start-up in cobra 4.55 (remove and re-install stealth extension to use);
- Version spoofing configuration moved into psnpatch.cfg file (where it should always have been) - see default.cfg and read documentation (psnpatch should be able to automatically update psnpatch.cfg file and remove old cobra_version.txt)
NOTE: After updating to habib cobra 4.55, if you're getting a reported version "X.XX", use psnpatch to disable version spoofing and reboot. If the version continues as "X.XX" just re-install firmware. DON'T GO ON-LINE WITH VERSION X.XX OR YOU'LL BE SURELY BANNED !!!
VERSION [2.45] 09/03/2014
- New semi-permanent "OFW mode" for Cobra
- Added PS2emu (iso/classics) swapping for Habib 4.55
- "Cobra menu" is now "Cobra TOOLBOX"
- Some shortcut were remapped to accommodate new functions