January 6, 2014 // 9:02 pm
- Following up on his previous
releases, PlayStation 3 homebrew developer KW
) has updated to PSN Patch v2.14 for PS3 Custom Firmware, which allows users to temporarily disable their CFW, spoof their Console ID and more as detailed below.
Download: psnpatch 2.14.zip
/ psnpatch 1.06 release.zip
To quote: [2.14] 05/01/2014
As there have been several releases in the past days, here's a quick summary of changes since 2.00 (Changes for 2.14 are marked with *)
- Patch 4.50 (and above) games and apps (like psn store) to run in 4.46 systems;
- Integrity check;
- psnpatch plugin updated.
- Official webman 1.28 included (no more issues when unloading webman when using fan control);
- Cobra Stealth exensions updated for the best stealth after activation (compatible with any 4.46 cobra edition, and habib's 4.53 cobra edition up to 1.04). HIGHLY RECOMENDED for version spoofed systems. Optional otherwise;
- Cobra plugin management menu: installs cobra stealth extensions, psnpatch plugin, webman and XMB webman support (adds "my games" and removes app_home);
- PSNpatch cobra plugin updated to unload itself from memory, delete execution history, safety mode, display messages on-screen, waits 20 secs on-boot to avoid conflicts with other plugins;
- Released as 1 ZIP file with 2 ALTERNATIVE packages (normal and stealth), cfg example and the entire documentation (please read before asking);
- (Note for cobra advanced users and devs: don't fiddle with the "files" folder contents if you don't know what you're doing);
- Updated description for version 2.14 (read below);
Successfully tested with:
- When a new psnpatch version is installed in cobra systems, "cobra plugin management" menu should be used to remove and then re-install every plugin and extensions;
- When CFW is disabled, syscall dependent homebrew and payloads will stop working;
- If a game gives black screen after disabling cfw, try mounting as ISO.
- As usual, everything is detailed bellow;
- Please read CAREFULLY the following text. All should be explained here;
- If you have any tech doubts or issues when using psnpatch, please use the official support forum
- 4.46 Rebug REX 4.46.1;
- 4.46 Rogero Cobra 1.00;
- 4.46 Habib Cobra Edition 1.03;
- 4.50 Rogero;
- 4.53 Habib 1.03;
- 4.53 Habib Cobra edition 1.04;
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE DOCUMENTATION BEFORE USING PSNPATCH. BE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT CAN BE DONE WITH PSNPATCH. NO WARRANTIES ARE GIVEN. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. DON'T USE PSNPATCH FOR PIRACY. PSNPATCH AUTHOR CONDEMNS PIRACY.
SUMMARY: This is an app made by KW and based in the works of stoker25 (psidpatch) and user (psnope).
The major objective is to spoof the console Id and disable cfw syscalls extensions in order to make your system more "safe" to go into the psn. (Note that MORE safe doesn't mean IT IS safe!). It also deletes the boot history execution. The optional cobra plugins unloads from memory after activation. Additionally, you can also install RAPs and EDATs, unlock psn game demos and patch 4.50 (and above) games and apps to run in 4.46 systems. New algorithms specially made for CFW disabling and searching valid user accounts. Firmware independent (except for the optional cobra stealth extensions which depends on the cobra cfw implementations).
The alternative (highly recommended) "stealth version" is disguised as a really OLD Japanese game patch. Which one ? Don't worry. You will know when you run the game and psnpath appears
If this is an issue to you, use the normal psnpatch version.
- Spoof IDPS (console ID) *;
- Spoof PSID *;
- Disable cfw syscalls (emulates official firmware) *
- Deletes game launch history (deletes the records of the last games used);
- Install RAPs and EDATs.
- Unlock PSN (c00) game demos.
- Patches installed 4.50 (and above) psn games, apps and games patches to run in 4.46 system.
* these actions are temporary until next system reboot.
All functions are firmware version independent (4.XX and Cobra 7.0).
How to use:
Just install and run. A simple interface will guide you through. Optionally you can install a prx plugin that runs in the background and do all the "spoofing" and CFw disabling from the xmb by means of a simple shortcut (read below).
CFW DISABLE / REMOVE SYSCALLS
You can execute the app directly after install. This will allow you to remove cfw syscalls and delete execution history. Removing syscall will simulate a official firmware version improving protection level against PSN bans. Note that after doing this, some homebrew programs (like multiMAN) will refuse to execute. Just mount the game backup you want BEFORE using PSNPATCH to disable cfw. After CFW is disabled you can play the mounted game backup but cannot mount another one. This "cfw disabling" will only be active until next ps3 reboot.
Press TRIANGLE (3 beeps will inform of the cfw removal success). If there were NO BEEPS it means that the CFW WAS NOT DISABLED!!!
Psnpatch uses 3 complimentary algorithms to improve cfw disabling success rate.
SPOOF CONSOLE ID (IDPS):
If you want to spoof idps and psid, you need to the edit the PSNPATCH.cfg file (see example).PSNPATCH will scan locations in the following order:
Press SQUARE just to spoof both idps and psid.
"ALL IN ONE":
Press CROSS to do a "ALL IN ONE": Spoof idps and psid, disable cfw syscalls and delete execution history. (3 beeps will inform of the success disabling cfw). You can even start psnpatch and keep X pressed until you ear the 3 beeps, bypassing the user interface and back to XMB !
INSTALLING RAPS AND EDATS:
When PSNPATCH starts, it will search for the first valid user account (usually it will be '1', but it can be a different value).
Place RAPs and/or EDATs in the folder configured in PSNPATCH.cfg (usually /dev_usb0/exdata/ in a usb stick placed on the right most ps3 port).
Press L1 - a log will be displayed on-screen listing the processed games by file type
Note 1: Advisable not process more than 20 files at the same time (if you sign more they will not appear in the log).
Note 2: Once the RAPs and EDATs are installed, you can remove them from the USB stick.
Note 3: RAPs and EDATs are installed in one user account but available to all users.
Note 4: RAPs are installed with the current IDPS (original or spoofed) and will work ONLY with that IDPS active!
UNLOCK PSN GAME (C00) DEMOS:
PSNpatch can unlock game demos of c00 type. For each unlocked game there will be created a new EDAT.
Press R1 - A list of unlocked games will be displayed on screen.
NOTE: EDATs are IDPS independent (will always work in your system. Even with spoofed IDPS).
PATCHES 4.50 (and above) games:
There are still many users with 4.46 systems – Rebug addicts or Cobra addicts (that wants the full set of cobra 7.0 functionalities)
These users, need to spoof their systems to 4.50 or 4.53 to login into psn. Multiman can re-sign 4.50 JB and ISO game images. BUT 4.50 psn games, apps (like ps store) and new game patches needs to be changed to run in 4.46 systems. NOT ONLY 4.50 version games: it should work with future version signing.
While running psnpatch press R2. A list of patched games and the number of patched files per game will be displayed on screen.
If you don't want the user interface, just execute PSNPATCH and keep pressed CROSS or TRIANGLE until 3 beeps and get back to the XMB.
FIRMWARE VERSIONS COMPATIBILITY:
PSNPATCH should be compatible with every 4.XX version. It is independent of the CFW "flavor" (rebug, rogero, habib, steve … and cobra editions!c). Tested with 4.21, 4.25, 4.30, 4.41, 4.46, 4.50 and 4.53. It should be compatible with future firmware releases, as it uses standard syscalls to process the spoofing method. It does the cfw disabling by searching and disabling the known "unofficial”syscalls. Special processing is made for Cobra editions. Equal to every 4.X firmware until now. The remaining functions deals with the ps3 file system and are also compatible with every firmware version.
TESTING IF PSNPATCH WORKS WITH YOUR SYSTEM:
IF you want to be sure psnpatch works in your system:
- Edit pasnpatch.cfg to define new idps and psid. Put it in the root of a usb stick and place it in the rightmost ps3 usb port.
- Run psnpatch keeping CROSS pressed until you ear 3 beeps or got back to XMB.
- If the system beeped, it means that the cfw disabling was successful.
- You can re-run psnpatch. It should give you an error complaining about cfw syscalls not found and it will display the current idps and psid values.
- You can also run Multiman, Irismanager or any other syscall-dependent homebrew: they will all complain about an “unsupported” or “unknown” firmware version
COBRA SYSTEMS and PLUGINS:
- Cobra systems are also supported (running in any 4.46 and 4.53 firmware) with a list of additional functions.
- If the cobra firmware has the stealth extensions installed, it will use them for improved security (see bellow).
- In cobra systems there is also an option available to install plugins and add-ons.
- PSNPatch interface can install and remove:
- PSNPatch plugin (disable cfw / spoof idps & psid / deletes history / unloads from memory);
- Cobra stealth extensions;
- O XMB webMAN support (add "my games" and remove "app_home" from );
- PSNPatch plugin can be called with L3+R3+R2;
- 3 seconds, 3 beeps, and it is done !
- After disabling syscalls the plugin unloads itself from memory;
- If you have a previous version of the above plugins, remove using psnpatch interface, and re-install again with psnpatch.
- After installing the plug-ins, they will stay resident in memory until being uninstalled from psnpatch interface or unloaded from memory;
Note: If you wish, you can remove psnpatch application after installing the plugins.
PSNPATCH plug-in disables CFW, deletes execution history, SPOOFs idps and psid, and removes itself from memory.
PRESS L3+R3+R2 in XMB to activate
PRESS L3+TRIANGLE+R2 in XMB - safety options for bad plug-ins: it disables ALL plug-ins (renames boot_plugins.txt) and reboot.
COBRA STEALTH extensions (optional):
2 opcode extensions for cobra that allows an higher stealth approach - when called, the extensions will remove cobra's syscall table protection, allowing a PERFECT syscall table reconstruction (mimicking OFW). Use ONLY with supported cobra versions (any 4.46 or habib's 4.53 cobra editions). This change is made at stage2.bin level. As it is VERY sensitive to manipulate both ps3 flash memory and cobra's stage files, psnpatch can do this for you. It was tested toughly many different configurations without any issues. But, again, without any warranties!
Never execute any homebrew WHILE connected to the PSN ! And the safest way to keep being banned is to be offline!!!
PSNpatch condemns piracy! Use PSNpatch only for legally obtained games and content.
PsnPatch comes with absolutely NO WARRANTY. Use-it at your own risk.
- stoker25 for psidpatch.
- user for psnope.
- deank for webMAN and multiMAN.
- cobra authors for the MOST FANTASTIC firmware add-ons there are.
- habib for your weeks of HARD WORK in porting cobra to 4.53 and sharing your experiences !
- flatz, fail0verflow, snowydev, JuanNadie, EXE.trim.ALL, and all other for EDAT signing algorithms.
- all others I've not listed: Without you, it would have been impossible !