December 9, 2013 // 11:12 pm
- Following up on his previous
releases, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer KW
) has updated to PSN Patch v1.06 for PS3 Custom Firmware, which allows users to temporarily disable their CFW, spoof their Console ID and more as detailed below.
Download: psnpatch 1.06 release.zip
To quote: PSNpatch 1.06 + STEALTH VERSION + COBRA PLUGIN for 4.XX CFW & COBRA 7.0
- New vsh plug-in to auto boot with cobra 7.0 systems (the "true-STEALTH" experience) (see footnotes);
- Added support for aditional cobra syscalls (these are hard to find, but it is safer to disable them also);
- If cobra is detected the current and spoofed Firmware version are displayed;
- This version brings news for Cobra 7.0 users. Other CFW users DO NOT NEED to update as ALL PREVIOUS PSNPatch VERSIONS are compatible with EVERY 4.XX versions (even 4.53).
This is a small app made by KW and inspired in the works of stoker25 (psidpatch) and user (psnope).
The major objective is to spoof the console Id and disable cfw syscalls extensions in order to make your system more "safe" to go into the psn. (Note that MORE safe doesn't mean IT IS safe !)
Additionally, you can also install RAPs and EDATs and unlock psn game demos. Starting from psidpatch simple interface with the functionalities of psnope. New algorithms specially made for CFW disable and valid user account search.
There is also an alternative stealth version disguised as BLJS10018 (NBA2K8 japanese version). The stealth version and BLJS10018 cannot be installed at the same time !
- Spoof IDPS (console ID) *
- Spoof PSID *
- Disable cfw syscalls (emulates official firmware) *
- Deletes game launch history (deletes the records of the last games used)
- Install RAPs and EDATs
- Unlock PSN (c00) game demos
* These actions are temporary until next system reboot. All functions are firmware version independent (4.XX and Cobra 7.0).
How to use:
Just install and run. A simple interface will guide you through.
CFW DISABLE / REMOVE SYSCALLS:
You can execute the app directly after install. This will allow you to remove cfw syscalls and delete execution history. Removing syscall will simulate a official firmware version improving protection level against PSN bans.
Note that after doing this, some homebrew programs (like multiman) will refuse to execute. Just mount the game backup you want BEFORE using PSNPATCH to disable cfw. After CFW is disabled you can play the mounted game backup but cannot mount another one. This "cfw disabling" will only be active until next ps3 reboot.
Press TRIANGLE (3 beeps will inform of the cfw removal success). If there were NO BEEPS it means that the CFW WAS NOT DISABLED !!! Psnpatch uses 3 complimentary algorithms to improve cfw disabling success rate.
SPOOF CONSOLE ID (IDPS):
If you want to spoof idps and psid, you need to the edit the PSNPATCH.cfg file (see example). PSNPATCH will scan locations in the following order:
Press SQUARE just to spoof both idps and psid OR Press CROSS to do a "ALL IN ONE": Spoof idps and psid, disable cfw syscalls and delete execution history. (3 beeps will inform of the success disabling cfw). You can even start psnpatch and keep X pressed until you ear the 3 beeps, bypassing the user interface and back to XMB !
INSTALLING RAPS AND EDATS:
When PSNPATCH starts, it will search for the first valid user account (usually it will be '1', but it can be a different value).
Place RAPs and/or EDATs in the folder configured in PSNPATCH.cfg (usually /dev_usb0/exdata/ in a usb stick placed on the right most ps3 port).
Press L1 - a log will be displayed on-screen listing the processed games by file type:
- Note 1: Advisable not process more than 20 files at the same time.
- Note 2: Once the RAPs and EDATs are installed, you can remove them form the USB stick.
- Note 3: RAPs and EDATs are installed in one user account but available to all users.
- Note 4: RAPs are installed with the current IDPS (original or spoofed) and will only work with that IDPS active !
- Note 5: EDATs are IDPS independent.
UNLOCK PSN GAME (C00) DEMOS:
PSNpatch can unlock game demos of c00 type. For each unlocked game there will be created a new EDAT. Press R1 - A list of unlocked games will be displayed on screen.
If you don't want the user interface, just execute PSNPATCH and keep pressed CROSS or TRIANGLE until 3 beeps and get back to the XMB.
FIRMWARE VERSIONS COMPATIBILITY:
- PSNPATCH should be compatible with every 4.XX version.
- It is independent of the CFW "flavour" (rebug, rogero, habib, steve, etc).
- Tested with 4.21, 4.25, 4.30, 4.41, 4.46, 4.50 and 4.53.
- It should be compatible with future firmware releases, as it uses standard syscalls to process the spoofing method.
- It does the cfw disabling by searching and disabling the known "unofficial”syscalls 6,7,8,9,10,35,36 - and some "others" for Cobra .
- Equal to every 4.X firmware until now.
- The remaining functions deals with the ps3 file system and are also compatible with every firmware version.
TESTING IF PSNPATCH WORKS WITH YOUR SYSTEM: IF you want to be sure psnpatch works in your system:
- Edit pasnpatch.cfg to define new idps and psid. Put it in the root of a usb stick and place it in the rightmost ps3 usb port.
- Run psnpatch keeping CROSS pressed until you ear 3 beeps or got back to XMB.
- If the system beeped, it means that the cfw disabling was successful.
- You can re-run psnpatch. It should give you an error complaining about cfw syscalls not found and it will display the current idps and psid values.
- You can also run Multiman, Irismanager or any other syscall-dependent homebrew: they will all complain about an unsupported firmware version
If you know how to install a SPRX VSH plug-in in cobra, there is one available with the PSNPATCH distribution. Forget all about instalations and choose a true stealth option. It is a great complement for WEBMAN if you want to try a real STEALTH aproach. No homebrew installation !
WEBMAN mounts games and SPOOFS firmware version to 4.53. PSNPATCH disables CFW and SPOOFs idps and psid. See additional plug-in documentation.
Never execute any homebrew WHILE connected to the PSN ! And the safest way to keep being banned is to be offline !!!
- stoker25 for psidpatch.
- user for psnope.
- flatz, fail0verflow, snowydev, JuanNadie, EXE.trim.ALL, and all other for EDAT signing algorithms.
- deank for webman's source code.
- cobra authors for the MOST FANTASTIC firmware add-ons there are.
- all others I've not listed: Without you, it would have been impossible !
PSNpatch condemns piracy ! Use PSNpatch only for legally obtained games and content.
PsnPatch comes with absolutely NO WARRANTY. Use-it at your own risk.