November 30, 2009 // 1:32 am - Here is the first version 1.00 of my PSN Package Auto-Renamer for PlayStation 3.

If you download .PKG files from the Debug PlayStation Network Links or Retail PlayStation Network Links pages then it will simply rename them from the PSN hash to their proper ServiceID for collectors and developers.

Download: PSN Package Auto-Renamer v1.00 for PS3

It requires Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 installed to run it, and then just drag and drop PlayStation 3 package(s) file(s) into the software window to rename them correctly.

Example: Smash Cars PSN hash is:

DT1M4JasugeWR8qCUsyiNTpcx6bVyIyY5PxfjbKOOLorsuVf0nODWtrrXuidMBKLYK9kElpKtotbdCpVvr9oiYsa0
lu7cHcXFEkLS.pkg

After renaming to ServiceID it is:

UP9000-NPUA70069_00-ADHOCPARTY000000-A0100-V0100-PE.pkg

If you have any comments or bug reports post them below.

DrEmmettBrown

PSN Package Auto-Renamer v1.00 for PlayStation 3 is Released

#12 - longhornx - December 2, 2009 // 9:42 am
longhornx's Avatar
very helpful thanks

Too bad my ps3 cannot be redirected using the proxy server.

#11 - PS4 News - December 1, 2009 // 7:52 am
Nah, the renamer just renames the files to save time really... it won't help with installing them at all. Based on what most people have said in other threads like HERE you must actually have the game to install them these days.

#10 - nikoslykos - December 1, 2009 // 7:47 am
nikoslykos's Avatar
is it possible at the moment with the new renamer to install a full game? like siren: blood curse??

#9 - Snake2 - November 30, 2009 // 7:00 pm
Snake2's Avatar
Fantastic app, this really is the best site of the world on console, especially on the PS3 are great!

#8 - cfwprophet - November 30, 2009 // 5:21 pm
cfwprophet's Avatar
I will say just relaxe.I know this are hard words becouse im also waiting for that like every one else here.

But today is a reall good day.We have a lot of new stuff/leaks and im think we should first relaxe on that and lets see what comes all out of the unsigned xex stuff.

Just right now we can use every HDD on the marked without the need of the special M$ signing.

Sure its a x360 not a PS3.But remember that most times the devs are more ahead then we will know.

#7 - BLACK BAMBINO - November 30, 2009 // 5:06 pm
BLACK BAMBINO's Avatar
Only if there was a way to install .pkg's that would open a lot of doors for this kind of stuff on newer firmware..

#6 - CJPC - November 30, 2009 // 1:33 pm
CJPC's Avatar
Hey Doc - nice work on the Package Renamer, a useful tool for whenever Windows is up and running!

Quote Originally Posted by PootieTang View Post
I'm just trying to figure out how to download from the PSN for free, I feel this will be very useful, but I don't see how, yet.

From what I gathered this should work on 3.01 as well, I sure hope I can finally get WipEout HD and the expansion!

It really will not, at least not yet. It's useful for people who like to archive PSN links for a future hope of them being able to be installed, or those lucky few with old dev units!

#5 - Takavach - November 30, 2009 // 11:42 am
Takavach's Avatar
congratulations my friend dremmettbrown

#4 - PootieTang - November 30, 2009 // 6:43 am
PootieTang's Avatar

#3 - chitalov85 - November 30, 2009 // 6:37 am
chitalov85's Avatar
Works great, thank you !!