- Just another few updates to PSN Download Manager, prior to recovery of the PlayStation Store. Today, I've released version 3.80 containing some of the following changes:
- Added a premium membership option, which offers access to a huge feature called Turbo Servers and also removes the advertisement shown on startup.
- Several minor changes to the code in attempt to patch errors for some users
Here is a quick guide to hosting your own Turbo Server:
Create a FTP or HTTP server using a relevant program like apache or filezilla,
1) Create a folder called DATA this will hold your shared files
2) Make sure to copy the exact file structure of your Downloads folder
3) For each file you want the clients to see, create a text document with the exact same filename, and add to the extension .ready (Include the word ready as text inside the file as well) | Example: 2782hsh7ggogpoyl.pkg would have a ready file of 2782hsh7ggogpoyl.pkg.ready
And then share your link to the rest of the world, who can now access them files from your server.
As for the clients to enjoy this feature, they just need to login as a premium member and add the server ip into there Servers.txt on a new line. (A small fee of £1.00 a month, to cover the cost of our main server and development time | Account sharing will not be tolerated and will result in blacklisting.)
Other changes, include a few memory leaks patched, several points of potential hanging (freezing for a short period of time) have been patched and reduced chance of corrupt file upon exit.
This file is downloadable via our site, through the links already provided including any old urls like http://playstationdm.zapto.org/
which will automatically forward you.
My colleague and I will be around to maintain this on a weekly basis until updates are no longer required, but I'm not sure if any software really reaches perfection tbh
Premium Membership accounts can be purchased via the my account tab, this will appear sometime within the next 24 hours on the website once our payment system is updated and accounts will be activated within 24 hours of payment. (Valid until subscription is cancelled)
We hope many people will share some of their upstream, and make the Playstation Network a better place to be; something where it can compete against the download speeds of rival consoles and make it the choice for gaming once again.
Have a good day,