October 11, 2010 // 5:45 am
- It's been just under two months since the original
PSJailBreak PS3 USB modchip was announced, and today what appears to be the least innovatively named clone thus far called simply PS JailBreak 2 has arrived.
PS JailBreak 2 Features:
• Fully updatable via USB on your PC using PSJailBreak2 update software.
• USB Plug and Play solution that installs in seconds without any need to open up the PS3.
â€¢ Support boot HDD game without BD.
â€¢ Supports any available type of firmware for the PS3. PSGroove, PSFreedom, and so on.
â€¢ Can load directly PSGroove .hex files and Payloads .BIN files.
â€¢ Can be removed once started. No need to have the USB key always into your PS3!
â€¢ Does not break your warranty seal.
â€¢ Compatible with all PS3 models, both Fat and Slim.
â€¢ Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA.
â€¢ Optimized and enhanced code (most competing products simply use available code).
â€¢ Disabled forced software updates and will never brick your console.
â€¢ Supports most games and homebrew applications.
â€¢ Easy-to-use software for backing up, managing, and playing games from External USB Hard Drive.
â€¢ Playing games from HDD is much more enjoyable, benefiting from greatly enhanced seek and loading times.
â€¢ Supports installing homebrew applications on PS3 and external USB media.
â€¢ Simple and clear illustrations will guide you to install step by step.
â€¢ PS JailBreak2 is supplied blank. Users can download the latest "PS JailBreak2 upgrader" from our Web site and choose which firmware they prefer to install from the many available!
Finally, it comes with the PS JailBreak2 Upgrader v1.2 which features:
• Updated import engine and firmware. The import engine has now the ability to import a wider range of hex files; basically any PSGroove or PSFreedom based hex file for any board type can now be imported (both AVR and PIC based boards are supported).
• Official PS JailBreak 2 firmware still only supports FW 3.41 but with the right hex files you can now test the PS JailBreak 2 hardware with older PS3 firmware versions (e.g. 3.01, 3.10, 3.15, etc).