September 24, 2010 // 7:07 pm
- Today shuffle2
has successfully ported
the original PSGroove payload to Rockbox, an open-source replacement firmware for MP3 players, and OGroteKoning
shared a simple guide
for those interested followed by an updated guide
In addition, id10terror shared
PSGroove ported to Rockbox for Sansa e200, c200v1 Series and others along with a guide (below) and DanyL
a few RockBox PSGroove Installers available below.
To quote: "I built a small program that allows easy installation of PSGroove on iPod devices. It's still in beta and it lacks of automatic installation of iPL. But it works pretty well." In v1.0b2: "Added support for sansa E200v1, E200R, C200v1 (including bootloader installation). Fixed some bugs."
Download: PSGroove PS3 JailBreak Ported to Rockbox
/ iPod Nano 1G by Stef157
/ PSGroove Sansae200 BM
/ PSGroove c200v1 BM
/ RockBox PSGroove Installer 1.0
/ RockBox PSGroove Installer 1.0b2
/ RockBox PSGroove Installer 1.1
/ RockBox PSGroove Installer 2.1
/ RockBox PSGroove Installer 2.1.1
To quote from PSGroove: Of the rockbox compatible MP3 players, shuffle2 has tested this on a 5th generation ipod video.
He states it will work on all PP502x based targets. Currently it is using the original psgroove payload, without any extra features.
However, he has plans to integrate some of the better psgroove payload revisions.
When asked which other devices were compatible, he stated: "theoretically anything that rockbox supports (but people with the devices would need to do some simple patches first)"
PSGroove Ported to Rockbox for Sansa e200 Series and Others Guide:
1. Download Rockbox Installer - http://www.rockbox.org/download/
2. Use installer to install at least the minimal Rockbox installation
Once Rockbox is up and running normally on your Sansa e200:
3. Extract the attached zip file into the root of your Sansa and let it overwrite any newer files.
4. Disconnect and restart your Sansa.
Once your Sansa is re-booted into the new Rockbox:
5. Turn off the back Power switch or Disconnect PS3.
6. Connect the Sansa via USB to your PS3. (make sure it's the only thing connected)
7. Turn the Power switch back.
8. Press the touch sensitive Power Button and then Eject immediately after.
+ Compiled for Sansa e200v1
+ Compiled for Sansa c200v1
+ Tested and working on Sansa e200R (Rhapsody version - Thanks for testing Armen1er)
Patching your Bootloader:
• To return Sansa to normal, just run the Automatic installer and reinstall Rockbox.
• To access original firmware and USB functionality: Turn on Sansa while holding down the left (or back) button. Then Connect to your PC's USB.