- The day just wouldn't be complete without some more PSFreedom ports, which now support the HTC Evo, Hero and Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 devices.
Downloads: PSFreedom HTC Evo
/ PSFreedom Hero (CDMA)
/ PSFreedom Hero (GSM)
/ PSFreedom Sony Ericsson Xperia X1
To quote from PSGroove: The HTC Hero now is able to perform the jailbreak on all PS3 models.
With great thanks to alephzain
the hero now works. Below is the update.zip for gsm Hero with psfreedom, best way for now is nandroid backup, flash the update, apply hack on PS3 and nandroid restore to return to existing rom.
1. Copy .zip onto sdcard
2. Reboot phone into recovery (I use Clockwork but Amon-Ra is just as good, and may endup better ;p)
3. Perform a nandroid backup
4. Install zip from sdcard and select zip downloaded from above.
5. Perform hack on PS3
6. Reboot to recovery and restore nandroid backup
7. Goto 1 each time you switch on PS3 until a better method is developed
Below are links to zImage as psfreedom.ko (patched for bdvd).
CDMA - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LR19E62T
GSM - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A3IWL856
1. Copy psfreedom.ko to your sdcard
2. Install a terminal emulator from the market
3. Fastboot the zImage
4. Once it has booted open the terminal emulator
5. type su
6. type cd /sdcard
7. type insmod psfreedom.ko
8. plug in to PS3 and enjoy
The HTC Evo has been utilized to perform the PS3 Jailbreak exploit.
A set of instructions
states the following:
Step 1. Connect your phone via usb and turn on disk storage.
Step 2. Drag the downloaded file to the root of your SD card.
Step 3. Do a nandroid backup of your phone.
Step 4. Flash the file you downloaded from here via Amon Recovery (I could care less about clockwork :/)
Step 5. Plug your Evo into your ps3 with the power button off for fat consoles and for slim consoles unplug your power cable.
Step 6. Turn on your system with the power button and quickly press eject. If done correctly, ps3 should take a little bit longer to boot up and console should show underneath games, install .pkg files. This is where you can install things such as backup manager.
Step 7. Unplug your phone after successfully booting the ps3 into "dev" mode.
Step 8. You can now restore the nandroid you were previously on and call it a session. Redo the process whenever you turn on the ps3.
The HTC Evo package is signed - just copy it to your SD card, boot to recovery mode, flash the zip, and boot back so your phone is operational.
You know the rest: disconnect the main PS3 power, connect the phone to the PS3, reconnect main power, press power button immediately followed by eject.
You should probably do a Nandroid backup prior to flashing. Thank DrMon
Finally, PSFreedom for the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1.
1. Run Xandroid 2.2
2. Extract archive and copy files to your SD Card (zImage/modules)
3. Run Haret with USB connection to your PC
4. Disconnect USB from your PC
5. Run Terminal Emulator from DevTools on Android
6. Type the following commands:
â€¢ command #1 : su
â€¢ command #2 : cd sdcard
â€¢ command #3 : insmod psfreedom.ko
7. Start up PS3/perform exploit as normal