- It's been a few months since their NoPDRM
and PS3 NAND Brick or PUP Updater Error Fix
releases, and now PlayStation 3 developer Glevand
of Gitbrew has started work on porting NetBSD
to the PS3 OtherOS++ (CFW) Custom Firmware.
To quote on the progress thus far: PS3: NetBSD
Obtaining Source Code
[Register or Login to view code]Building the Toolchain
- Ok, here i will start porting NetBSD to PS3 OtherOS++.
- It would be cool to have another BSD on PS3.
- Special thanks to Makoto Fujiwara and Tsubai Masanari for porting NetBSD to PS3.
- Any help is welcome. Come on BSD fans, let us run NetBSD on PS3.
- It is still work in progress and i'm not able to run NetBSD on PS3 yet.
[Register or Login to view code][Register or Login to view code]Compiling Kernel
- I must say the toolchain is really super done.
- Linux really sucks in comparison with NetBSD or FreeBSD regarding toolchain and cross-compiling.
[Register or Login to view code]Compiling Loader[Register or Login to view code]Booting with Petitboot on OtherOS++
- Modify Tsubai Masanari's source code to use current powerpc infrastructure of NetBSD else no chance that NetBSD will accept our port.
- Tsubai Masanari's source code uses powerpc64 arch which is NOT present in NetBSD source. Everything is in powerpc arch.
- Currently, NetBSD supports 64bit PowerPC arch only in 64bit bridge mode, that means 32bit kernel and user-space.
- 64bit bridge mode won't work on CELL cpu. It is not supported.
[Register or Login to view code]Compiling User-Space
- Bootloader doesn't work yet but it looks very promising. I can run code in loader already.