- Following up on his previous
release, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer SvenGDK
has updated PS3 Multi Tools for Windows to version 9 with the changes detailed below.
Download: PS3 Multi Tools v9
PS Multi Tools v9 Changelog:
- Added PARAM.SFO Editor
- Added 2 more themes (BlueMoon, ComicColor)
- Added MD5 Checker (Get MD5 of a file / Compare 2 files’s MD5 Hash / Check MD5 Hash with aldostools MD5-Database)
- Opened PS Vita section
- New Reporter (More features added)
- New Offline Mode (Use PS Multi Tools offline – most features are disabled)
- Other fixes (Translation fixes, missing setup languages, bad coding)
What is PS Multi Tools?
PS Multi Tools (previously PS3 Multi Tools) was designed to manage your PS3/PS2/PSP Game Backups. It is able to load your PS3/PS2/PSP Game Backups from a folder/memory stick (like GAMEZ, GAMES, ...) and reading the PARAM.SFO/SYSTEM.CNF file. You are also able to copy the PS3/PS2/PSP Game Backups into an other HDD/Memory Stick.
With PS Multi Tools you can:
- Load PS3/PS2/PSP Game Backups
- Copy PS3/PS2/PSP Game Backups to a HDD/Memory Stick
- Format a HDD to FAT32 (any HDD size)
- Sign PKG files
- Patch LV2 for 4.21
- Edit PARAM.SFO files
- Decrypt/Sign EBOOTs up to 4.XX
- Check the MD5 Hash of the downloaded file with aldostools MD5 database to see if it's the original file or a modified one
- Browse the Sony Entertainment Store
- Download the latest PC / PS3 Homebrew Applications, Official / Custom Firmwares, Emulators, Backup Managers, Downgrader Files ...
- Customize PS Multi Tools via MyPS Multi Tools (Themes, Choose Language, Get BETA or RELEASE Updates, ...)
- It has also a built-in PKG File Manager and FTP Manager.
Latest PS Live Menu Changes:
v7.5 to v7.6
- PlayStation Live Stream will popup on PS Multi Tools start for the next 15 hours
v7.0 to v7.5
- PS Live Menu general improvements
- All downloads will be organized into a subfolder called "DOWNLOADS"
- Sign PKG File improved
- EBOOT Kit improvements
- EBOOT Database now available under Homebrews
- multiMAN 04.20.00 BASE available
- PS Multi Tools will now popup the official PlayStation Live Stream for the presentation of the PS4.
On the bottom right you can change the language to:
: XMBPCE: An XMB Emulator by SvenGDK
has also been announced today. To quote:
Hey, I want to show you a new project from me called XMBPCE which I started yesterday.
What is the XMB (XrossMediaBar)?
XMB is the graphical user interface of the PS3 & PSP.
What can I do with this emulator?
With this emulator you can use the graphical user interface of the PS3/PSP on your Windows PC. You can control it with the PS3 Controller.
What has been done already?
- XMB Boot: Done (Boots up like the PS3)
- Graphical user interface: Halfway done (Animated background missing)
- Controller support: Done
- Category browsing: Only “Games”
- Starting games: Done
- PlayStation Button Menu: Halfway done
There are MANY features missing which will be added soon, this is only the first Alpha version …
Here are some short videos about it:
- Video Link: 188.8.131.52/XMBPCE_4/ (New video, the game switch system isn't improved yet)
- Video Link: 184.108.40.206/XMBPCE_3/ (Of course it will be full screen on first beta release)
- Video Link: 220.127.116.11/XMBPCE_2/
- Video Link: 18.104.22.168/XMBPCE_5/
- Video Link: 22.214.171.124/XMBPCE_6/
- Video Link: 126.96.36.199/XMBPCE_7/
- Video Link: 188.8.131.52/XMBPCE_8/
I hope I was able to wake your interest.
- Pic #1: 184.108.40.206/xmbpce_setup.png
- Pic #2: 220.127.116.11/xmbpce_setup_2.png
: Extracted using RCOMage: https://cdn.anonfiles.com/1362321170877.zip
All the RCO files are stored in \dev_flash\vsh\resource
These were from a 3.55 backup I had on my PC, if you need anymore (any XMB cat etc.) just let me know.