- Following up on his previous
releases, today PlayStation 3 developer Rudi Rastelli
has made available PS3 ISO Tools v1.91B followed by v1.94B, v1.941, v1.95B and v1.97B for PS3 ISO converting with details below.
To quote: Update PS3-ISO-TOOLS v1.91b
- Latest "makeps3iso", "extractps3iso" and "patchps3iso" included
- Option to allow some special Characters, like 'TM' or '(R)', in ISO-names (WARNING: Doesn't work with 'webMAN' but works with 'multiMAN' or 'IrisManager' as far as i can tell)
- Shows log file after conversion/extraction for a quick check if everything goes well
- Check for insufficient free disk space on target drive
- Quick Update v1.91b: Added Check for insufficient free disk space on target drive
- Various bug fixes
- Include latest makeps3iso, extractps3iso, patchps3iso
"PS3 ISO TOOLS" is an all-in-one tool for a complete PS3-ISO handling and contains:
- ISO-Generator to convert PS3-Folder-Format-Games 2 PS3-ISO-Format-Games (splitted big-files will be joined)
- ISO-Extractor to convert PS3-ISO-Format-Games 2 PS3-Folder-Format-Games (big-files will be optionaly splitted)
- ISO-Splitter to split single PS3-ISOs for use on a FAT32 device ("*.iso.0", "*.iso.1", ...etc)
- ISO-Joiner to join splitted PS3-ISOs into single PS3-ISOs
- ISO-Modifier to rename single or splitted PS3-ISOs according to game-info found in "PARAM.SFO"-file to hide/un-hide parts of splitted ISOs ("*.iso.1", "*.iso.2", ...etc) to extract and save "PARAM.SFO" and "ICON0.PNG" as "[ISO-name].SFO" respectively "[ISO-name].PNG" within ISO-folder
- ISO-Patcher to patch single or splitted PS3-ISOs to a lower firmware version (down to 4.21)
- Pretty self-explanatory... read the tool-tips
- You can batch-convert all of your PS3-Folder-Format-Games, when you select your game-archive as source-folder(eg "X:\GAMES" or "X:\GAMESZ")
- All other tools, with the exception of ISO-Patcher, support batch-operation as well. Just multi-select the ISOs you like to process.
- ISO-names will NOT contain special ASCII-characters 0-31, 126-255 and also NOT /\:*?"<>| ... This is to avoid problems with webMAN (You can allow usage of special ASCII-characters 126-255, like 'TM' or '(R)' in "ISO-conversion-Options")
- After conversion/extraction a log-file will be shown, which compares size and number of files
- While converting to ISO-format "PARAM.SFO" and "ICON0.PNG"(Game-Icon) will be placed (hidden) as "[ISO-name].SFO" and "[ISO-name].PNG" at target-folder. If you use webMAN copy these 2 files(per game) to "/dev_hdd0/tmp/wmtmp/". This will save you the effort to mount each game at least once to make webMAN display it's game-icon.
- Aborted batch-conversions could be continued. Already finished conversions will be skipped.
Estwald for "makeps3iso", "extractps3iso" and "patchps3iso"
- Sry... V1.94 has some debug-code inside... Here is clean version.
- Considers now that 'PS3UPDAT.PUP' will be excluded from the ISO (4 more details see Readme)
- Now patches Game-ISOs that need firmware>4.50
Note: There seems to be a problem that on some systems ISO will not be renamed after conversion. I assume an incompatibility with some anti-virus-software. But i was not able to reproduce this behaviour on my PC.
Therefore i've added some lines of debug-code in the current version. If you get error-messages immediately after conversion pls tell me here or via pm. And pls, if possible, try again with your anti-virus-software disabled.
- Changed 7z to a more stable version (previous version caused a crash on some pc systems.)
- Fixed a bug which causes wrong display of number of files being patched, Old version patches the correct number of files, but it reports "4 files patched" while in fact 24 files files were patched (just an example)