January 29, 2014 // 3:24 pm
- Following up on his previous
release, today PlayStation 3 developer Rudi Rastelli
has made available PS3 Game Updater v0.90 followed by v0.91, v0.92, v0.94, v0.95, v1.0, v1.1, v1.2 and v1.3 revision updates with details below.
Download: PS3 Game Updater V0.91.rar
/ PS3 Game Updater V0.92.rar
/ PS3 Game Updater V0.94.rar
/ PS3 Game Updater V0.95.rar
/ PS3 Game Updater V1.0.rar
/ PS3 Game Updater V1.1.rar
/ PS3 Game Updater V1.2.rar
/ PS3 GAME UPDATER V1.3.rar
/ PS3 GAME UPDATER V1.3.1.rar
/ PS3 GAME UPDATER V1.3.2.rar
by Rudi Rastelli
by Rudi Rastelli
/ PS3 GAME UPDATER V1.5.rar
To quote: Hi ! I've made a small tool to create and manage a ps3-games-updates-archive. May be someone else finds it useful too. Here's the README for a quick overview:
PS3 GAME UPDATER V0.9 by Rudi Rastelli
TeamSOS for Allunpkg
DeLiGht for psn_package_npdrm
aldostools for game-database
- Obtain PS3 game update(s) by simply selecting a game in one of it's 3 usual formats (PKG / ISO / Folder).
- Aborted downloads will be resumed
- Already downloaded not outdated game-updates will be skipped
- Outdated game-updates will optionally be deleted
- The update-files(*.pkg) get well readable names... thx aldostools database
- In Normal-Mode you can select which game-updates to download or not
- Batch-Mode to download all updates for all(or selected) games of a game-archive
- PKG-Extractor via 'Extra'-menu (should be able to extract any "*.pkg"-file... not even update-files)
Hopefully self-explanatory... read the tool-tips
- Updates will be stored to the folder u've selected on 1st start... You can change that folder via 'Extra'-menu. This folder is kind of an game-updates-archive. If you don't select anything here a "MyPS3GamesUpdates"-folder will be created and used inside progam-folder
- Using the "Delete outdated Updates"-option in batch-mode allows you to clean up your game-updates-archive and keep it up-to-date. Tip: To "clean up" only: Activate batch-mode -> Select your game-archiv -> Select NO game -> [Download]-Button
- If database (database.txt) isn't there for ISOs and folders the game-name from "PARAM.SFO", for PKGs the name of "*.pkg"-file and
for manually entering the GameID the GAMEID itself will be used.
- In batch mode select a game-archive-folder. E.g ".../GAMES/", ".../PS3ISO/", ".../MyPSNGames/" etc etc
- Extracted PKG-files will be stored in a folder with same name and at the same directory as the PKG-file
Because this is the 1st version, which has some problems 4 sure, I would be lucky to hear about any bugs you'll find and to get suggestions for improvement.
: Changelog v0.91:
- Added batch updates download from a selectable text based game list
Tip: To be able to scan games (folder/iso/pkg-format) on the internal ps3 hdd i recommend having any ps3-ftp-server running and using NETDRIVE to mount internal PS3 hdd as a drive in windows explorer.
: Changelog v0.92:
- Now using Pkgview to extract pkg-files (to avoid virus-warning some anti-virus-programs gave on "unpkg GUI.exe")
: Changelog v0.94:
- Bug fixed, which prevented that Updater from finding all available updates
- Updater does not create empty folders for games without updates
- Scans deeper now... means you can have more subfolders in your game archive
- Scan of installed PSN games in "/dev_hdd0/game/" now supported
: Changelog v0.95
- Fixed the bug which adds "INCOMPLETE_" to filenames even when the download isn't incomplete
: Changelog v1.0
Hi ! I have a little XMAS-gift 4 you... It's a new version of my old PS3 GAME UPDATER.
It has some new fancy functions that might be useful for ODE users(and CFW users as well) like create 'Install Discs' for game updates (not as limited as IDC is) or merge updates into game (experimental). But read yourself:
[Register or Login to view code]
Regards & Happy XMAS
: PS3 Game Updater Changelog v1.1:
- Changed naming of Updates Install Disc(s) for slightly better sorting in webMAN
- Updates Install Disc(s) could now be created as ISO(s)
- ISO(s)>4GB will be automatically splitted when FAT32-device is selected as target
: PS3 Game Updater Changelog v1.2:
- All Updates-Discs names and GAME_TITELs in PARAM.SFOs now start with '°'-character to make them appear at bottom of webMAN-game-list (This does not effect the updates itself... they will install with normal GAME_TITELs)
- A progress bar which will be shown when creating an Updates-Disc-ISO (instead of the % value shown in v1.1)
: PS3 Game Updater Changelog v1.3:
- Updated Games Database (thx aldostools)
- If a game isn't in database you'll be prompted to enter its name for adding it to the database
: PS3 Game Updater Changelog v1.3.1:
I guess i've found the problem. On 1st start it tries to download an updated database online at aldostools old site. But this fails because this file is no longer online. That's why i've greyed out the update-functions in Extra-menu.
I simply forgot to test 1st start once again... else i would have noticed the problem.
Hope it is now fixed with v1.3.1.
: PS3 Game Updater Changelog v1.3.2:
- Bug fixing
- Workaround for PKGView/Net Framwork restriction
: PS3 Game Updater Changelog v1.5:
- Exchanged 'PKGView' and 'pkgtool' with 'PS3P PKG Ripper' to speed some things up