September 5, 2012 // 4:40 am
- Today PlayStation 3 developer FreePlay
has released a PC homebrew application dubbed Open BDEMU HDD Manager which allows users to manage their PS3 DEX's Blu-ray emulator hard dive files.
Download: PS3 Open BDEMU HDD Manager
/ PS3 Open BDEMU HDD Manager
(Mirror) / PS3 Open BDEMU HDD Manager
(Mirror #2) / PS3 Open BDEMU HDD Manager
(Mirror #3) / PS3 Open BDEMU HDD Manager
From the ReadMe File: Open BDEMU HDD Manager by FreePlay
Want to manage your DEX's Blu-ray emulator hard dive, but hate that PS3Gen is missing essential features like increasing the number of game slots or dumping a game from a disk to a file? Worry no longer! The Open BDEMU HDD Manager is here for you!
This tool duplicates PS3Gen's ability to manage your BDEMU HDD, but works faster and has some added features.
- Dump an existing game to an EMU image file
- Write EMU image files to disk
- Erase game slots
- Rename games
- Set the default game
- Add/remove game slots (with smart HDD size detection)
Note that this program was whipped up and tested with just one PC and just one hard drive, so it may not be perfect! It absolutely WON'T screw up any hard drives that aren't BDEMU drives, though, so the worst that would happen is that you'd have to rewrite your games.
Finally, in related news aldostools
has made available a similar experimental tool dubbed BDEmuPartitionTool.exe with details below, as follows:
It looks like FreePlay tool, but it doesn't use any part of his code. It's 100% written in VB5 and Windows API calls. FreePlay's job was inspiring.
It's a tool to manage the size of the partitions of HDD formated for BDEMU, used by PS3 development consoles. It allows to create up to 255 partitions (if your HDD has the capacity)
BdEmuPartitionTool.exe Changelog v1.2:
- Inject/Save BDEMU file
- Rename slot
- More sizes
- Lot of other minor changes
BdEmuPartitionTool.exe Changelog v1.03.01:
- Added option to resize BDEMU partition size (by default is created by ps3gen as 186.4GB, no matter the HDD size).
- As the BDEmu partition is 186.4GB (4 * 46.6GiB), if you add games beyond the slot 3 they are not recognized.
- So with the version 01.03.01, you can make the BDEmu use the entire HDD space or only the space used by the slots. The remaining space can be used for an additional partition (for instance NTFS or FAT32).
- The version 1.3 was limiting the size of the 1st slot.
- The hex codes displayed changing the BDEMU partition size were wrong (although the proper bytes were written)
- .emu inject doesnt work ... i tried to inject a file anyway and it prompted to resize to that file size. However after that, the partition was resized to the emu size without emu file being on it.
- So until you fix the inject emu problems, this could be used if emu file is already built in ps3gen. Inject the ps3gen built .emu onto the partition let it resize, then exit program and use ps3gen to write it to that partition.
- I've since tested the above theory I made, it's a fact it works. So it resizes correctly (like I do in hex on hard drive) just the emu write/inject is broken.
1. Format the HDD with ps3gen, then remove the slots 1, 2, 3. Then resize the slot 0 to the size that you wish and add the other slots.
2. If you need to "Change Size" of a slot to a size larger than the original, first delete the slots that follow, change the size, then re-add the next slots.
3. Do not "Change Size" to a size larger than the original slot size. You could end overwriting the first bytes of the next slot.
BdEmuPartitionTool.exe Changelog v1.04.00:
- Added option to remove all slots.
- Improved the file injection.