- Today PS3 Debug Firmware version 3.21 has been added to our PS3 Debug Firmware Archive
thanks to an anonymous
nice guy, and although it removes OtherOS functionality (like the Retail counterpart
did) PlayStation 3 Test unit owners can downgrade to restore OtherOS functionality!
Download: PS3 Debug Firmware v3.21 (USA) Update
For those who are new to PS3 Debug (DECH) machines or haven't been following our Site News as long, PS3 Test Special Downgrade PUPs
were leaked from Sony which allow downgrading the PS3 to version 1.00 or 1.50 (depending on which is used) to restore OtherOS, and then the console can be updated to the PS3 Debug Firmware required to play PS3 game backups
Perhaps if Sony allowed Retail PS3 systems to downgrade like PS3 Debug/Test
machines can there would be fewer lawsuits
Finally, if anyone has access to SCE DevNet and can share update files with our community please Contact Us
and you will be rewarded with a Premium Account, PayPal, etc. Thanks!
Below is the official PS3 Debug Firmware v3.21 changelog:
Changes in Release 321.001
Menu of the System Software (GUI)
• The following menu has been deleted.
[Settings] -> [System Settings] -> [Install Other OS]
Check menu in the Game column
• Validation of a media or the file system itself cannot be performed from the Check menu in the Game column. When submitting a master disc, make sure to verify the disc that no error is present using the Disc Image Generator for PlayStation(R)3 or the Disc Image Checker for PlayStation(R)3.
• When performing the check from the Check menu in the Game column, if the number of result files exceeds approximately 80 to 100 depending on each check item, the file entries of the root directory in the USB mass storage run out and the subsequent check result files may no longer be stored. In such case, move the check result files to another directory.
• The system software of the debugging station can be now downgraded to 3.21. Using this update data, you can also downgrade the system software version 3.X0 or later to 3.21.
Note: Please refer to "5 Updating Flash Memory -> Downgrading the Flash Memory" of the "Reference Tool Software Setup Guide" document for more details on downgrading the Flash memory.