January 18, 2011 // 9:54 pm
- Yesterday we reported
released a PS3 Custom Firmware with LV1 / LV2 Peek and Poke support, and following it up today kmeaw
) on IRC has made available a BM Enabler LV2 PKG
and BM Enabler LV2 V2 PKG
followed by BM Enabler LV2 V3 PKG
and BM Enabler LV2 V4 PKG
(fixes some crashes by disabling patches) for Wutangrza
's PS3 CFW, Kmeaw LV2 Patcher Source Code
) along with a PS3 CFW LV2 Patch
with already patched full version downloads below.
Downloads: PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 Backup Manager Patched Wutangrza kmeaw
(patched PUP) / PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 Backup Manager Patched Wutangrza kmeaw
(patched PUP - Mirror #1) / PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 Backup Manager Patched Wutangrza kmeaw
(patched PUP - Mirror #2) /
(patched PUP - Mirror #3) / PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 Backup Manager Patched Wutangrza kmeaw
(patched PUP - Mirror #4) / PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 Backup Manager Patched Wutangrza kmeaw
(patched PUP - Mirror #5) / PS3 Firmware 3.55 Compatible Homebrew Apps & Games
/ FIX PERMISSIONS Wutangrza GeoHot CFW 3.55
and FIX PERMISSIONS Waninkoko Kmeaw CFW 3.55
/ PS3 CFW Installation & Playing Guide
PUP MD5: 2be5e87a22bf1e7f48e98fcabd38977b
PUP SHA1: f83444560221ffba4ed0e0689fbc2cf993dc64ec
From the ReadMe File: Disclaimer: This package is for demonstration use only, or for running your own made software (homebrew). We do noit condone piracy and are not responsible of the small chance you may brick.
Original FW PUP md5 before patching: ca595ad9f3af8f1491d9c9b6921a8c61
Patched PUP md5 after patching: 2be5e87a22bf1e7f48e98fcabd38977b
If you are on Wutangrza+geohot fw, you don't need to flash the new firmware, just install the package, and run it every time the ps3 boots before running apps that need PL3. Otherwise, it is suggested that you upgrade to 3.55, Upgrade to this patched PUP, then install the lv2.pkg.
This is only until apps are updated to include this patch themselves, as then you won't need to run the patcher on every boot.
For Stock ps3's
1. update to official 3.55
2. bspatch PS3UPDAT.PUP PS3CFW.PUP patchfile
3. Delete PS3UPDAT.PUP
4. Rename PS3CFW.PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP and that's it! You're ready to install
5. Install lvl2.pkg
6. Launch backups with manager
- Download 3.55 OFW, the CFW patch file, the LV2 patch pkg and geohot's CFW.
- Install (or restore) OFW 3.55 - recovery mode may be needed.
- Patch the OFW 3.55 .PUP file using the 'bspatch' utility: bspatch PS3UPDAT_OFW.PUP PS3UPDAT.PUP cfw_wutangrza
- Confirm that the resulting .PUP has this md5 sum: 05933bb7a89bee87b0aa45c74f980e81
- Update to the newly created .PUP by moving it onto a storage device into the PS3/UPDATE directory.
- Now, update to geohot's CFW from XMB.
- Install the LV2 package by moving it onto a storage device into the root directory and installing it from XMB ('Install Package')
- Done, you may now install multiMAN and run backups - remember that you have to run the PL3 package after each boot.
A summary of the differences from bigheads
: "kmeaw's CFW is different from FLUKES1 and Wutangrza and anyone elses. Basically kmeaws CFW has peek/poke and allows you to bypass PKG checks, like how it used to work on 3.41 . Therefore you don't need to sign stuff like Geohots CFW.
Wutangrza's CFW is basically what flukes1 released it just has peek/poke enabled but you can't install PKG's. Geohot's CFW can be installed over the top on Wutangrza's CFW and allows you to install special signed PKG's. This LV2.pkg patch can be loaded from any CFW that has peek/poke, and adds syscalls for backup managers etc.
SUMMARY: On Wutangrza's/Geohot Firmware you have to use pkg's signed with geohots tools. On Kmeaw's Firmware you can install any pkg. Like the ones from 3.41 and ones signed with geohot tools."
on FIX PERMISSIONS: It seems that a lot of folks are having issues installing and running backups on there Ps3′s due to the bug in PL3 that effects file permissions. Here is what I have been doing to get around the black screen hangs and disc read errors.
1. fire up multiman, blackb0x, whatever ftp & transfer your backup
2. run your lv2 pkg of choice
3. run the fix permissions app that is installed from running the package located above
The app will go through the HD and correct the file permission errors that come with using PL3. I have been using this method after each game backup I install, however if you install (ftp/copy) 5 at a time the app only needs to be run once and it will fix all 5 games as it does its magic to the entire drive.
Now as far as USB, hampster driven HD's etc I can not say as I do not have any of the above so I have not tested it myself.
has updated Open Manager v1.17.3 (Compiled) for PS3
which now includes a package with signed self to be installable on kmeaw
has completed the PS3 JailBreak Game Non-Compatibility/Solutions List
for those following its development!