April 2, 2013 // 10:16 pm
- Following up on his BwE NOR Validator
and BwE NOR Patcher
, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer BwE
has released BwE NOR Validator v1.16 followed by v1.17, v1.18, v1.19, v1.20, v1.21, v1.22, v1.23, v1.24, v1.25, v1.28, v1.30 and v1.31 alongside BwE NOR / NAND Patcher v0.01 followed by v0.02 and v1.01 with details below.
Download: BwE NOR Validator v1.16-v1.31
/ BwE NOR / NAND Patcher v0.01-v1.01
/ BwE NOR-NAND Patcher v0.02
/ BwE NAND Validator v1.75 (Experimental)
/ BwE NAND Validator v1.00-v1.02
/ BwE NOR / NAND Dump Information v1.00
To quote: BwE NOR Validator v1.16
Application MD5: A9D0B21E8C0452EF00EFC48DA79D974C
BwE NOR/NAND Patcher 0.01
- 1.31 - 27/05/2013 : added eid4 + fixed bug in entropy (note: possibly final version, unless adding firmware revisions/new consoles)
- 1.30 - 21/05/2013 : completely rewritten eid, cisd, ccsd + added more validations to it, upgraded other minor validations. all due to upcoming nand validator (note: possibly final version, unless adding firmware revisions/new consoles)
- 1.28 - 15/05/2013 : completely rewritten cvtrm validation + added more validations to it, upgraded/perfected entropy (possibly final version, unless adding firmware revisions/new consoles)
- 1.25 - 13/05/2013 : added entropy check for metldr/bootldr (possibly final version, unless adding firmware revisions/new consoles (From EussNL: Entropy is used for checking encrypted sections, like metldr/asecureloader and bootldr, which because of their encryption will have high entropy. When knowing the entropy of other sections (based on known good dumps), it can be a good prediction of the validity of it without interpreting or decrypting it.)
- 1.24 - 06/04/2013 : added more information to suit newly discovered ps3 data, improved validation, added a tip for bad md5's, removed version forcing (possibly last release).
- 1.23 - 29/04/2013 : improved validation, added 4.41 ofw information
- 1.22 - 16/04/2013 : added 115 more validations + changed statistic range for bootldr + other small boring changes
- 1.21 - 11/04/2013 : patch3 error fix.
- 1.20 - 10/04/2013 : added new console data, removed 3.56 patch (replaced with 4.40), added protection against using old validator, changed corruption check (again!), added quick info for console.
- 1.19 - 09/04/2013 : changed metldr statistic range, minver check (to suit refurbished ps3s), corruption changes
- 1.18 - 08/04/2013 : upgraded cisd/cell_ext_nor_area/metldr validations to suit unique metldr.2 revision, changed corruption output (again).
- 1.17 - 08/04/2013 : changed repetition check, changed corruption output, bugfix
- 1.16 - 02/04/2013 : added rogero's 4.40 patch, changed options, added 25+ md5's, changed stats range and id check
has the same exciting features as my validator, only - less.
Patches 3.55/3.56/4.40 on NOR or NAND. Validates CoreOS and maybe TRVK. Does that without a loader/chiptunes and all in the console. Faster than other my validator and other patchers.
Found any bugs? Let me know. I just made this for giggles so its bound to have something wrong.
BwE NOR/NAND Patcher 0.02
BwE NOR/NAND Patcher 1.01
- Fixes the E3 flasher style (swapped) dump issue.
Finally, below is a WIP (via pastebin.com/DUivneHz) BwE NAND Validator, as follows:
[Register or Login to view code]BwE NAND Validator
This all in one validator/patcher will patch for 3.55 and will output the results of 2799+ validations via HTML.
- 1.02 - 09/06/2013 : bugfix for patcher (did not fix enough) + added some more MD5's (CFW)
- 1.01 - 28/05/2013 : bugfix for patcher (mistake from using old nor code)
- 1.00 - 27/05/2013 : first proper/public release (because I am lazy there will be no loader!)