- Following up on my PS2Classics Guide on Converting ISOs to XMB PS2 Games
guide, today I (Spewfr
) have released a PS2 ISO to XMB Conversion Command-Line GUI v1.0 Beta for PS3 users complete with source code.
(3 MB) / PS2iso2pkg.rar
I recently decided to start converting my PS2 ISO's for use with the PS3 system; here you have a Command-Line GUI that I think is simple to use.
NOTE THAT THIS TOOL uses the same RAP key for every game it processes (the same one that PS2Classics GUI uses, so credit to them for all of the hard work over at ps3dev-network)
If enough positive feedback is given to this project, I will continue to enable BIN formats and add other changes...
What this program will do:
- Create a PKG and RAP for your ISO
- Pros: Can launch the game from XMB at any point
- No multi-man required
- Cons: Requires disc space (but you can use a game data switcher)
- Requires installation of multiple RAP's
TO USE THIS APPLICATION:
1. Place your icons files inside of the Images folder
2. Run PS2iso2pkg.exe
3. Enter the PS2 Game ID
4. Enter the PS2 Game Title
5. Follow the On-Screen Instrucions
6. WAIT until all  processes have completed
7. COPY the "exdata" and "packages" folder to an external HDD
8. Install the PKG entitled with your Game ID
9. Install and run reActPSN (included in packages folder)
10 You're all good!
Source is included in src, Please leave a comment explaining any problems you face (I hope none