PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!

Home PS4 News - Latest PlayStation 4 and PS3 News

329w ago - Many have been following the PS3 Exploit Backup Tool thread by Giulio19992 which is a project his Italian PS3 Dev Team has started. The current status results are as follows:

- gio23 [DONE - WORKED 100%]
- $n4k3 [DONE - WORKED 100%]
- PaUrAz [NOT WORKED - BAD BACKUP]
- TUTTIFUSI [DONE - WORKED 100%]
- aaaaa93 [INCOMPLETE]

An external HDD or Memory Stick of 4GB or larger is required along with their files, and for complete details check out their ongoing project thread in our newly added PS3 Hacks Forum.

Exploit PS3 Backup Tool:



Exploit PS3 Backup Tool (.PKG) Fixed:



Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene and PlayStation 4 scene updates and fresh homebrew PS3 Downloads. Enjoy!


  • Sponsored Links




#38 - ignaziomen - 327w ago
ignaziomen's Avatar
niente ke meriti purtroppo

#37 - Sheppard79 - 327w ago
Sheppard79's Avatar
Quote Originally Posted by ignaziomen View Post
Ma dove sn finiti tutti gli italiani?

Io ci sono...ma sinceramente dopo le ultime notizie lette circa il lavoro di Giulio, ho perso le speranze......l'idea che un team italiano portasse una svolta sulla scena PS3 hack era veramente interessante...

Ma ci sono novitÓ in merito??

Ciao!

#36 - ignaziomen - 327w ago
ignaziomen's Avatar
Ma dove sn finiti tutti gli italiani?

#35 - Barney32 - 328w ago
Barney32's Avatar
Quote Originally Posted by RexVF5 View Post
Seems no one really knows what this should achieve or how to proceed correctly.

This is absolutely unprobable. BD-J uses Java Virtual Machine available as part of BD playback. The Java code being executed is part of the BD media - it is not packaged to .pkg as PS3 software (the same Java runs on other HW than PS3 that knows nothing about PS3 .pkg(s)).

I think me and a lot of other people are completely confused on how this exploit works. The instructions are so passive like were just suppose to know how to do everything already.

#34 - RexVF5 - 328w ago
RexVF5's Avatar
Quote Originally Posted by Barney32 View Post
2 things.

1. Could someone post a complete noob step by step how to do this "supposed exploit"

Seems no one really knows what this should achieve or how to proceed correctly.
Quote Originally Posted by Barney32 View Post

2. Has someone tried launching BD-J homebrew threw this exploit like NES emulator since it has recently been blocked maybe it will launch if you put the folder with the archive.dats??

This is absolutely unprobable. BD-J uses Java Virtual Machine available as part of BD playback. The Java code being executed is part of the BD media - it is not packaged to .pkg as PS3 software (the same Java runs on other HW than PS3 that knows nothing about PS3 .pkg(s)).

#33 - Barney32 - 328w ago
Barney32's Avatar
2 things.

1. Could someone post a complete noob step by step how to do this "supposed exploit"

2. Has someone tried launching BD-J homebrew threw this exploit like NES emulator since it has recently been blocked maybe it will launch if you put the folder with the archive.dats??

#32 - Bakke - 328w ago
Bakke's Avatar
I think I could make a really good translation of what Demonhades speaks, since I talk spanish too and I'm kinda fluent in English aswell

In before, I'm so glad Demonhades is here, since he's one of the skilled guys on the console scene and of course, he has all my respect

#31 - RexVF5 - 328w ago
RexVF5's Avatar
Quote Originally Posted by DemonHades View Post
hi, that is my first post but i have ask.....

Well, you only replace a packet a dat for a pkg, pkg is encrypted whith xor and dont have a eboot or other exe for understand or translate its information, is how insert data dummy, cant read and nothing execute.

What is the fuction?

The hdd have a mbr (and you say replace for other) dont is posible, broke the mbr.

Second step..

You only insert data but destroy old? dont believe, for what the system repair the base data but dont repair you change, only repair the mbr and find the data old erased in firs pass delete.

need more evidence and more explanation arguments

1saludo DemonHades

Let me be the first one to warmly welcome you here. Your project seems interesting and well based. Now let me say this and please do not take any offense - your English is hard to understand. Again - this is not meant as insult. Giulio's project has raised a lot of expectations and emotions because not many people (if any) can understand what he's trying to achieve.

Now here's my proposal to you to prevent similar confusion: post in your native language and let someone more skilled be the translator.

Do I read it correctly that .pkg are encrypted with XOR? Is that what you say?

#30 - DemonHades - 328w ago
DemonHades's Avatar
hi, that is my first post but i have ask.....

Well, you only replace a packet a dat for a pkg, pkg is encrypted whith xor and dont have a eboot or other exe for understand or translate its information, is how insert data dummy, cant read and nothing execute.

What is the fuction?

The hdd have a mbr (and you say replace for other) dont is posible, broke the mbr.

Second step..

You only insert data but destroy old? dont believe, for what the system repair the base data but dont repair you change, only repair the mbr and find the data old erased in firs pass delete.

need more evidence and more explanation arguments

1saludo DemonHades

#29 - PS4 News - 328w ago
PS4 News's Avatar
Quote Originally Posted by stef1578 View Post
the file in the download section isn't the same... there is a icone (exe), we only have a batch.

Read the past posts before asking the same questions please... the self-unpacking .exe does the same as the batch file, the reason the .exe was removed is because those filetypes get flagged by some A/V programs.