November 5, 2013 // 6:59 pm
- Following up on the initial release
, today PS3 developer Mohammad Haseeb
) has updated his homebrew application PKG he calls PlayStation 3 Cloud Drive to version 1.1.7 with source code and details below.
PlayStation 3 Cloud Drive by M.H.A.Q.S, is an application that allows you to sync/backup all your game saves on Google Drive.
To quote: Current Features:
Planned Features for Next Releases:
- The application works with Google Drive. You will need a Google account to use it.
- Google Drive comes with 15GB of free space compared to PS Plus’s 1GB.
- Remote Authorization through “OAuth 2 for Devices” does not need you to give application any of your personal information.
- Bi-Directional Sync is possible. The application will sync your saves to the cloud and will download them to your hard drive.
- Resume support is present and you can quit the application any time you want. The app will pick up from where it left off.
- Resumable uploads and partial responses are supported.
- Save Revision and pinning/sticky support.
- Save Difference and update will only sync data that has changed to cut bandwidth usage.
- Gzip compression for faster transfers. This is to save bandwidth on those ridiculously big “replays” and saves from some games.
- PSX/PS2 card slot sync. There were a lot of requests for this feature and version 1.1.7+ includes support for both ps1 and ps2 memory card slots.
How to Use: Authentication:
- Selective Sync. Users can select the game-saves they want to sync to the cloud. This also requires a GUI for the user to select which saves he needs transferred. Most likely a Dual panel layout.
- Multiple PlayStation 3 units support per account. A user may sign into a PS3-Cloud-Drive account and download saves from another ps3. This feature is highly dependent on selective sync.
- Save Resigning. Oh yeah, I know this’ll have to be done some day to make this app super awesome on all levels. But it’s prolly way down the road.
How to use: General Usage:
- Authentication is a one time process and you do not need to repeat it unless you delete the app or wipe your ps3s hard drive.
- Download the “PlayStation 3 Cloud Drive“ at the bottom of this post.
- Install it on your PS3. This app has been tested on various firmwares up to 4.41 CFW including (DEX/REX).
- Run the app and it will generate a code for you. It will also prompt you to visit http://www.google.com/device
- Visit the above url on your computer/smart phone and enter the code given by the application. You must be signed into a Google account for verification.
- Click “Allow Access” to register your account with the app.
- The PS3 will automatically detect the authentication as soon as you finish registration.
- Once the authentication completes, the application will start building data and syncing game-saves to the cloud.
- Every time you run the application, it will detect and sync changes to the cloud automatically.
- You can press the “X” button to cancel the sync at any time. But let the application finish the current transfer. If you force quit it, there’s a chance of corrupting data.
: PS3 developer mhaqs
has now officially (via blog.tabinda.net/playstation-3/playstation-3-cloud-drive/) made PS3 Cloud Drive open source (linked above), which allows users to synchronize game saves to a Google Drive cloud.