September 25, 2012 // 11:05 pm - While everyone is awaiting further details on PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware 4.21 from the Red Power Team, today multiMAN was updated to version 04.06.00 followed by v04.06.01 adding PS3 4.21 CFW support among the changes outlined below.

Download: MultiMAN v04.06.00 / MultiMAN v04.06.00 (Mirror) / MultiMAN v04.06.00 (Mirror #2) / MultiMAN v04.06.01 / MultiMAN v04.06.01 (Mirror)

What's new in multiMAN 04.06.00:

• multiMAN celebrates 2 years. CONGRATULATIONS!
  • Added support for 4.21CFW (CEX) (syscall 6-10 required):
  • "Standard" BD-Emulator option (sc36) (Hermes not supported yet)
  • Direct Disc Access (LV1&LV2 patched for Storage Manager access)
  • Raw access to optical media (PS1 backups & Showtime access to BD/DVD/CDs)
  • BD-Movie Region Changer
  • BD-Mirror for INT/EXT games

! Not fully tested with Red Power's 4.21CFW (Hermes payload used and syscall 1021 required)

What's new in multiMAN 04.06.01:

• Added support for 4.21CFW (DEX) (syscalls 6-7 required):
  • "Standard" BD-Emulator option (sc36)
  • BD-Mirror for external / USB games

Finally, below are some related comments on the multiMAN v04.06.00 update as follows:

From Lightyear: multiMAN has supported 4.21 for a LONG time. now it's just CEX 4.21 support... it's really not that different. and deank releasing mm that supports 4.21 does NOT mean a completely 3rd party scene group is working on a new 4.21 CFW! they are not even working with dean... they have their own backup manager, according to their posts. *facepalm*

FWIW, multiman automatically worked on 4.21... dean didn't change anything to make that happen. someone just tested it out and realized it worked. just like PSX support. that was just a native thing that someone just "discovered" was working one day.

From deank: I see no mentions of DEX in the "What's new"/change log, quite the contrary. And - no - the mM update server is not hacked.

I just woke up and read some posts about some chinese shtty dongle for 4.21... Just to make it clear - the mM update has nothing to do with it and doesn't need a dongle if used with 4.21cfw. It is a pure speculation I guess, because there are a lot of people around who won't allow another dongle to surface anyway. I don't believe that their dongle (which I doubt it exists at all) will see the light of any day!

Why do you ask me about their stuff? I don't know any of them nor do I know what they're going to do. Someone leaked a file from their 'promo system' (the eboot.bin they use to launch that old multiMAN version), I took a look at it, I saw what patches they use for 4.21 and implemented some of them in mM and added syscall36. As simple as that - that way nothing is hidden in 'their system/manager' and is available in the regular public mM version. I know for sure that their firmware uses hermes because I saw how the payload and stuff is loaded in that leaked eboot.bin, hence I mentioned it in mM's changelog.

I already posted what I think few pages back. In addition to that - I think it will be a huge mistake if they decide to sell dongles.

I added some additional checks to make mM recognize when it is running on peek/poke-enabled 4.21CFW. Then it adds syscall36 just like it does on 3.55, which means that games should work without patching.

When asked why update MM to a hypothetical 4.21 his reply was quite arrogantly: Because I can, no other reason.

Also from deank when asked why 4.21 CFW support was listed if not fully tested yet: Ah, just don't tell me what and where I should put.

Finally a few weeks later he partially comes clean, revealing what used to be open source code and making the following statement for those interested.

MultiMAN v04.06.00 is Released, Adds Support for PS3 4.21 CFW

MultiMAN v04.06.00 is Released, Adds Support for PS3 4.21 CFW

MultiMAN v04.06.00 is Released, Adds Support for PS3 4.21 CFW

#1267 - misiozol - 5d ago
misiozol's Avatar
I don't think there is as classics need full CFW and ode is just emulating physical bd drive, better/cheaper option would be getting second hand ps2 and using ESR with FMCB, or getting fat model and adding network adaptor + installing hdd

#1266 - sakran - 5d ago
sakran's Avatar
hello guys.. just wanted to ask if there's anyway to play a ps2 classic on a cobra ode?

i downloaded fatal frame 2 ps2 classic and GOD HAND from PSN stuff along with its rap... if i tried to resign edat file within each game like i did with most of my ps1 games that downloaded from psn stuff will it work?

and if not is there anyway to make it work? i have Superslim 4.53 cobra MCU 2.2

i tried the resigning way with all of ps1 games and it worked awesome without any use of fix or crack so hoping for a ps2 too

#1265 - meudayg1 - May 7, 2015 // 11:08 pm
meudayg1's Avatar
Hi All,

I'm new to PS3 and this forum.

I purchased a PS3 CECH-4208A PS3 (12GB) OFW 4.55 and installed Cobra ODE 5.30A. Red LED is glowing when i power on PS3 and I dont see any cobra ode manager in PS3.

I did only hardware install. do i need to do anything from software end?

I formatted pen drive in NTFS format and created folders as per the guide still no good

Please advice.

Thanks

#1264 - teaynadesh - April 27, 2015 // 12:16 pm
teaynadesh's Avatar
Thank you for Multiman Sir.

#1263 - ktgw11 - April 10, 2015 // 7:02 pm
ktgw11's Avatar
thanks for good soft. all the best.

#1262 - djmakis - March 27, 2015 // 1:58 pm
djmakis's Avatar
thanks for the files, also from MixeryMaxe comes S-DMC, a Selfmade DMC for Cobra ODE users with details below:

Hallo comm

I would like to present an user project from two friends (GamersRS & esprit1711 from psXtools) and me. Around october 2014, a friend asked about the possibility of a microcontroller based project. And i just said "of course" Chipwelt from psXtools had built a "switchmod" as alternative methode to the DMC and GamersRS asked me about a "microcontroller based switchmod".

So the idea from the S-DMC was born

I had built a microcontroller (PIC16F628A) based circuit and had written a software in asm. The prototype looks ugly but it works

And here esprit1711 comes into play. He designed a real "eye candy" PCB and then the big tests began.

After finishing the big tests esprit1711 had kills few bugs on the PCB and i made an optimization the software for the PIC.
The final version was finished.

The S-DMC is for Slim models. The installation is simple, there are just 4 wires to soldering (+ 2 optionale, 1 LED for swap-magic signaling) and one little cut one the power PCB of the PS3. The S-DMC simulate the switch positions from bd-drive so you are able to swap the disc and the PS3 don't get it

Despite of the cuts on the power PCB i was able to preserve the original PS3 eject function. Function of the S-DMC are:

• 1 click on eject button = normal official disc eject
  • hold eject button(~10sec) = normal official bd-drive reset
  • double-click on eject button = swap-magic for cobra ode

The official release was in early 2015 and until today there are no problems.
The end product works like a charm

More information:

• First present thread: psxtools.de/index.php/Thread/65463-S-DMC-by-psXtools-f%C3%BCr-CobraODE-UPDATE-02-04-2015/
  • Official support thread: psxtools.de/index.php/Thread/66781-SUPPORT-S-DMC-f%C3%BCr-Slim-PS3s-excl-bei-psXtools-de/
  • Installation instructions: psxtools.de/index.php/Thread/67969-Tutorial-offizielle-Anleitung-f%C3%BCr-S-DMC-by-psXtools-de/

Credits goes to:

• Chipwelt
  • GamersRS
  • esprit1711

Have fun

Update: Hi, today i received new information from Chipwelt. Ok as i said, i don't have a ODE and i don't use the S-DMC.

It can also be used without ODE to swap psx (and *ps2) backups even on OFW.
e.g. insert an original psx game in the ps3 and wait until the disc icon is appear in xmb, than double-click on eject button (for swap-trick) and now you can insert any psx backup and play again, EVEN on OFW .... crazy that i didn't know that.

*ps2 backups of course only on bc models. But in the same way as with psx games. Ok, at this time the S-DMC is only for slim models but this can be changed if there is a demand

Chipwelt released a video in november 2008 with a switch-mod and show a ps2 swap on a cecha model

#1261 - ori0 - March 24, 2015 // 3:42 am
ori0's Avatar
Thanks for keeping the PS3 going strong!

#1260 - gurpreetbal - March 15, 2015 // 9:45 am
gurpreetbal's Avatar
thanks for uploading

#1259 - PS4 News - March 7, 2015 // 1:41 am
7 - 3 - 2015 Cobra ODE News - Update

We are pleased to present the Cobra ODE FW 2.4 wich properly adds support for the Emu USB QSB and addresses a number of small bugs we found in particular with the drive door support for 4k consoles. We have updated the DMC triggering mechanism for enhanced performance.

The game database file has also been updated to include many new titles.

We are unable to fully support FAT PATA consoles with DMC owing to issue with BD recordable media compatibility and a multitude of different bluray drive daughterboards. FAT SATA consoles with BMD-31 will remain supported. If you have purchased DMC for PATA FAT consoles, you may return it to your reseller for a refund.

DMC will be kept fully supported on FAT SATA (BMD-31), 2k/2k1, 2k5 and 3k consoles.

Since we have removed the Hardware Passthrough mode from ODE FW 2.4, we suggest that users use ODE FW 2.2, if they wish to update the OFW of their console to 4.66. ODE FW 2.2, still has the option to enable HW Passthrough mode providing you are using the USB Clip on PCB. After updating the console OFW to 4.66 you can update to ODE fw 2.4 again.

Finally, from coalchamber1022: (DMC + OS 4.7 + CECH-2001A)

Hi Guys, Formalities...

PS3 Type: CECH-2001A
PS3 OS: v4.7
ODE: v4.2
ODE FW: 2.4
DMC: v1.0
Boot Disc: ModNation Racers (BCAS20105)
Swap Disc: Verbatim 25 GB 6x SL (LINK)
SD Burner: Generic from Amazon (LINK)

CFG File:

[Register or Login to view code]

I got things hooked up, loading a game is still a bit of a PIA but it works.

• After plugging in my HDD with my games on it I plug my PS3 into power then boot it up.
  • I then put in by Boot disc I see the cobra menu and select a game.
  • I then get a what looks to be a video of just the cobra icon at that time I eject my boot disc then just put the boot disc back in. It then loads up the game selected in the XMB
  • I then hit 'x' to start the game the bootdisc then pops out then the ode flashes red/blue so i leave the boot disc and let it suck back in.
  • Then in a few seconds it ejects again then ODE flashes green/blue I then pop in swap and BADABOOM it loads up.

With that many ejects and loads I am anticipating my BD drive to crap out soon. Hopefully cobra team can lower the number of ejects but in any case it works!!

#1258 - Suprising - February 18, 2015 // 11:02 am
Suprising's Avatar
I just upgraded my old Cobra to a newer updateable version today!

On 4.66 it seems Sony are catching and winning the race with ODE's. Anyway, I do have a swap disk which means I am sorted for now...

26 - 2 - 2015 - Cobra ODE News - Information

All Cobra ODE users should avoid updating to OFW 4.70 until Cobra Team has carried out extensive testing.

Some videos on 4.70: