- This weekend PlayStation 3 hacker an0nym0us
has released a PS3 homebrew utility called MemDump v0.01 which allows end-users to dump LV1, LV2, NAND / NOR Flash and eEID from the GameOS, with the details below as follows:
Download: PS3 MemDump v0.01
/ PS3 MemDump v0.01
(Mirror) / GIT
From the PS3 Dev Wiki (linked above) and included ReadMe file:
For all of you out there intereseted in, or already in the process of reverse engineering the PS3, this new tool will make your life a whole lot easier! Now you can dump LV1, LV2, NAND/NOR Flash and eEID from one tool!
There have been methods in the past that accomplished the same goals, but certainly the ease of use and speed hindered many. Of course, none had such a beautiful user-interface either.
Place the necessary pkg file in the root of an empty USB flash dongle, and install like any other pkg.
1. Place pkg on USB flash dongle.
2. Select "memdump" icon.
3. Select type of dump to perform once loaded.
The following buttons are mapped in the user interface:
- Triangle - Dump LV1 memory
- Circle - Dump LV2 memory
- X - Dump FLASH storage
- Square - Dump eEID storage
- SELECT - cycle menus
- UP - cycle menus
- DOWN - cycle menus
- LEFT - cycle menus
- RIGHT - cycle menus
- START - exit
- CEX or DEX PS3 fat or slim
- MFW 2.70 - 3.55 (with LV2 peek/poke and LV1 hvcall 114 patches)
- USB Flash drive (if no Flash drive is available, dumps will be stored in /dev_hdd0/tmp)
memdump is known to work on CEX or DEX PS3s running firmware versions above 2.70, with or without OtherOS++ patches.
To submit a report of a bug, please join #memdump on EFNet, and have the log file ready. You can find the log file where the files were dumped.
PS3 memory dumping tool that can dump lv1, lv2, NAND/NOR Flash, and eEID from GameOS.
[Register or Login to view code]
- NA : Not Available as target version (mostly because of missing lv1: mmap114 or lv2: peek/poke patches)
- Yes: Fully supported
- No: Not supported
- Partial: Some functions work, others might not be complete
- Pending: No reports yet (help out by sending in your logs and dumps in a ZIP/RAR/7z!)
- buttons do not come back up after pressing -> to be fixed in v0.02 (button handler thread)
- exit app gives rightscreen black triangle -> to be fixed in v0.02 (cleanup RSX buffer)
- when free space is 0 bytes when dumping, application will halt -> to be fixed in v0.02 (check freespace first)
- Needs mmap114+peek/poke as minimal patches
- Can be buggy with strange spoofs
- No reports yet on Kiosk/SEX & Tool/DECR models