October 13, 2012 // 4:07 am - Following up on the previous PS3 BDEmu applications, today Marcocanc has made available a Mac OS X Switcher v1.3 for PS3 BDEmu drives.

Download: Mac OS X Switcher for PS3 BDEmu Drives v1.3

To quote from his blog (linked above): Hi folks, today I'm releasing a tool which I wrote a long time ago. This tool allows you change the default slot of a BDEMU drive on Mac OS X. Unfortunately, as OS X 10.8 doesn't allow raw HDD access to normal users anymore, you'll have to launch it as root if you're a 10.8 user (a tool that makes this very easy is available for free HERE).

OS X versions below 10.8 aren't affected by this problem. The names of the games will only show up in the drop-down menu if they were set as "memorandum" during the slot-creation process (or manually using a hex editor). In case the names weren't set, the game-ID is going to be displayed instead. To connect to the HDD, you have to look up its name in the Disk Utility (e.g. if the disk is called disk3, the path is going to be /dev/disk3).

For any questions or problem reports, leave a comment below or tweet me Marcocanc.

Thanks to RichDevX for helping me code this application!

Mac OS X Switcher for PS3 BDEmu Drives By Marcocanc is Released

PlayStation Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and join us at our new site WWW.PSXHAX.COM!

#7 - galaderom - January 11, 2015 // 2:25 am
galaderom's Avatar
nice !

#6 - PS4 News - October 21, 2012 // 1:25 pm
Following up on the PS3 DEX Open BDEMU HDD Manager and Mac OS X Switcher for PS3 BDEmu Drives, today Mgenecke has released a PS3 DEX Image Manager for USB drives he calls PS3EMUTool Alpha along with some updates below.

Download: PS3EmuTool Alpha / PS3EmuTool Build 121022-1233 / PS3EmuTool Build 121025-0139 / PS3EmuTool Build 121026-0144 / PS3EmuTool X2.00

To quote: Hi, I have written a little program, that manages your Images on a DEX-Image-USB-Drive; It's on "Alpha", means it can be better, but I think this program does it's work. Please read manual_en.txt. I hope it's useful.

Today I release a tool for your PS3-BDEMU-Disk: .Net 4.0 and VC2010Redist have to be installed (I think, this is installed on the most PC's) and you have to run it as administrator. Try it, test it an reply.

Update 121022-1233:

• ProgressBar works;
  • Faster read/write speed;
  • Info, when operation is in progress and you want to close;

Update 121025-0139:

• Discnames were shown;
  • USB-Filter for Discnames;
  • Reload Discnames;
  • Ask, if you want to delete an image;
  • Argument "-noDiscNames";
  • Argument "-noAskDeleteImage";
  • "Insert Image" is disabled, if Slot is in use;
  • Delete last Slot can be used without selecting the last slot;
  • Elapsed time added;
  • Estatimed time added;
  • Transfer rate is shown;

Update 121026-0144:

• Corrected "Slot too small" Problem in Version 121025-0139

PS3EmuTool X2.00

Hi, today I release PS3EMUTOOL ALPHA X2. This is a simple app that manages DEX images on USB's.

Greetings
Mgenecke

More PlayStation 3 News...

#5 - Zoddi - October 15, 2012 // 7:51 am
Zoddi's Avatar
I wanted to use my 1TB external hdd for my DEX system and didn't find a way only to use for example only 500gb for the bdemu and the other half for a normal ntfs file system.

Is this actually possible or do i need to use the whole drive?

thanks in advance

#4 - k9inpoop - October 13, 2012 // 11:29 am
k9inpoop's Avatar
very nice to know that mac users are getting some dex programs thanks boss.

#3 - PS4 News - October 13, 2012 // 9:05 am

Download: Mac OS X Switcher for PS3 BDEmu Drives v1.3

Thanks to RichDevX for helping me code this application!

More PlayStation 3 News...

#2 - azoreseuropa - September 5, 2012 // 9:20 pm
azoreseuropa's Avatar
Nice but I won't go to dex due that Bluray player won't work. I will stay with my CFW with most games and bluray player just fine for now. However, I will keep my eyes on it from now on. Good work, PS3news.

#1 - Tepoo - September 5, 2012 // 2:29 pm
Tepoo's Avatar
Exactly this is what i wanted to see! Great work.

this tool in combination with a fake update exploit for dex consoles, and nobody need a custom firmware anymore!

Comeoney Devs! we need Fakeupdates!