March 10, 2012 // 10:10 pm
- Following up on the Stella multi-platform Atari 2600 VCS Emulator
and PS3 Custom Firmware
ports, this weekend PlayStation 3 developer Rtype
has made available a Hatari
v1.6.1 DBG Atari ST / STE / TT / Falcon Emulator port for PS3 using the PSL1ght v2 homwbrew SDK.
Download: Hatari v1.6.1 DBG Atari Emulator PS3 Port
/ Hatari v1.6.1 DBG Atari Emulator PS3 Port
(Mirror) / Hatari v1.6.1 DBG Atari Emulator PS3 Port (Source Code)
From the included ReadMe File, to quote:
What?: A quick port of hatari 1.6.1 to ps3 using PSL1GHTV2.
Why ?: Because I like old atari computer
Who ?: Rtype
So far, I've only compil the lastest hatari src (1.6.1) with psl1ghtv2 (SDL used) and I only make few hacks to done it work (a little).
So don't expect too much... All the credit to the HATARI TEAM and to the PS3Dev team.
- Works only with a keyboard & a mouse cnx to the PS3 !
- Some pb with SDL1.2 hatari code (ex: code Keysym 1.2 different from 1.3) so I make quick dirty hack , not all the keys are working and it's seem to break a lot keyrepeat.
- Hatari & sdlgui use partial screen update , and PS3 SDL don't have hardware cursor code , so I make another quick & very bad hack to show something we can call a mouse pointer (hum I know it's a square) and force the gui redraw , this make the gui very bad and slow, and there is a big lag between mouse action and screen update. Apologize for this.
- In fullscreen mode Gui seem not working correctly so change to desktop mode if needed.
- XMB seem to freeze PS3 when calling from home button so exit from the gui or AltGr-Q combo.
- I've not tested all the option , just few games , so maybe other pb around...
Sorry for all this problems but i hope you enjoy anyway (I mean Atari lovers ) some old good games.
Quick Install & Start:
- Create somes dir in /dev_hdd0/: /dev_hdd0/HOMEBREW and /dev_hdd0/HOMEBREW/ST/ and /dev_hdd0/HOMEBREW/ST/TOS/ and /dev_hdd0/HOMEBREW/ST/CONF/
- Put a valid tos named "rom" in: /dev_hdd0/HOMEBREW/ST/TOS/
- Put some ST/MSA dsk in: /dev_hdd0/HOMEBREW/ST/
- Install the pkg.
- Works only with a keyboard & a mouse !
- Joystick: LSTICK = JOY MOVE, CROSS = Button 1, SQUARE = Button 2
Added the file I modified to build the PS3 release, as you can see it's a quick bad minimal hack to build a PS3 release. I'm sure some other DEV can do a better\proper port, and find a "good way" to convert SDL1.2 key to 1.3, fix GUI lag and fix the XMB bug.