October 24, 2010 // 9:19 pm
- While under development
for the last few weeks and not to be confused with the recent Gameboy Color and NES Emulators for PS3
, this weekend shinhalsafar
has released his FCEU NES Nintendo emulator PS3 port via GameOS for emulation fans along with some updates below.
Download: FCEU NES Nintendo Emulator Port for PS3 v1 (3.41)
/ FCEU NES Nintendo Emulator Port for PS3 v1 (Less Than 3.41)
/ FCEU NES Nintendo Emulator Port for PS3 v1 Source Code
/ FCEU NES Nintendo Emulator Port for PS3 v1.1
/ FCEU NES Nintendo Emulator Port for PS3 v1.2
/ FCEU NES Nintendo Emulator Port for PS3 v1.3
/ FCEU PS3 1.4 (FW 1.92+/FW 3.15/FW 3.41/Geohot CFW 3.55)
To quote from the included readme file:
FCEU PS3 v1: Finally FCEU for PS3 is ready for release. The updates will come often now.
Supports: 480, 720, 1080P at either 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio.
Not yet supported but to be desired: SRAM and state saving.
Please visit: https://code.google.com/p/fceu-ps3/
Reports bug and feature requests: https://code.google.com/p/fceu-ps3/issues/list
• To the snes9x-ps3 team (TheMaister, Squarepusher64 and myself shinhalsafar).
CURRENTLY IMPLEMENTED FCEU FUNCTIONS
• Just enough to play a ROM
• 4P Support
CONTROLS IN ROM MENU
• Up - Go up
• Down - Go down
• Left - Go back five file entries
• Right - Go forward five file entries
• L1 - Go back one page
• R1 - Go forward one page
• Cross - (If directory selected) enter directory/ (if ROM selected) start ROM
• Triangle - Same as Cross
• Circle - (If not in root directory) Go back to previous directory
• L2 + R2 - (If you previously exited a ROM) return to game
• Select - Go to settings menu (see 'CONTROLS IN SETTINGS MENU' section)
CONTROLS IN SETTINGS MENU
• Up - Go up one setting
• Down - Go down one setting
• Left - Change setting to the left
• Right - Change setting to the right
• Circle - Go back to ROM menu
EXPLANATION OF SETTINGS MENU
• Display framerate - This will show the FPS (Frames Per Second) onscreen
â€˘ Resolution - Switch between resolutions - 480p mode, 720p mode and 1080p mode (depending on your monitor's supported resolutions)
â€˘ Aspect Ratio - Switch between aspect ratios 4:3 and 16:10 (16:9 will come shortly, for now choose 16:10 on widescreen - perhaps small
â€˘ cutoff at left and right))
â€˘ Hardware Filtering - Switch between Linear interpolation (Bilinear filtering) and Point filtering.
â€˘ Nothing worth really explaining here
• R3 + L3 - Press these two buttons together while in-game to go back to the ROM browser menu.
TIP: You can use any USB controller you like and it will map the buttons on the fly - it is even possible to hotswap joysticks - remove one from the USB port, replace it with another one - it should all work fine. even SNES-to-USB converters should work.
To play a game with a USB controller as Player 1, start up your PS3 and rather than using the Sixaxis/DualShock3, plug in an USB port before connecting the controller to the PS3 - your USB pad should then become Controller 1.
SOURCE CODE REPOSITORY
This release corresponds with revision = 768cf9df52
Source code repository is here: https://code.google.com/p/fceu-ps3/
NOTE: ONLY FOLLOW STEP 1 IF YOU HAVE SDK 1.92 OR LOWER
1 - Edit the Makefile and remove the following from PPU_CXX_FLAGS and PPU_CFLAGS:
3 - Do 'make clean && make && make pkg'
CURRENTLY KNOWN ISSUES (AS OF BUILD 4.3.8)
* Please start reporting them on the google code bug tracker
HD TV USERS
For people running this on HDTVs complaining about input lag:
• Turn off all post-processing filters you may have running - on Sony Bravia HDTVs, display Motion Flow (this also causes input lags with most games in general, not just this SNES emu. If your HDTV has a 'Game' mode or something of the sort, select that as well.
• 100% everywhere, let me know otherwise.
• SRAM save
• State save
• See the entire snes9x-ps3 team.