September 28, 2011 // 1:44 pm
- It's been awhile since the previous
release, and today I have compiled the latest FBANext MC68000/Z80 Arcade PS3 emulator port revision 490 for PS3 CFW 3.41 and 3.55 users.
Download: FBANext PS3 Emulator Port r490
/ FBANext r490 Changelog
FBANext r490 changes since 486:
- Revision 490: (PS3) Ms. Pac-Man works again; reverted inconsequential PS3 ifdefs
- Revision 489: [PS3] updated proj file
- Revision 488: (PS3) Calculations in setview are no longer being done every frame, but done once outside the main emulation loop - the same goes for rotation.
- Revision 487: (PS3) Build changes
- Capcom CPS-1
- Capcom CPS-2
- Capcom CPS-3 Cave
- Sega System 16 (and similar systems), System 18, X-Board, Y-Board
- Taito 68k
- Psikyo 68EC020/SH PGM
- Megadrive (savestates are not supported)
Finally, from SNK
(via maxmodding.it/threads/937/#post-8662) comes FBANext MXM Mod v1.0 with a demo video below:
To quote, roughly translated: Under a user request I decided to make a change in the emulator FBANext PlayStation 3. The emulator was initially made by the coder Squarepusher, this emulator has been amended several times by various users and Developers the PS3 scene, and under the version 1.0.0 we decided to make our changes.
When this emulator was released, I noticed in the various forums of the difficulty many people are able to use it, according to the criticism that at the time they were allocated, I decided to make the process much simpler and easy to use. Let's see in detail the changes...
Emulated Arcade Types
- Made from version 1.0.0.
- Added support for the start of the ROM.
- Place different directory to start the ROM.
- Added directory for compatibility with multiMAN from the column back.
- Replaced ICON0.PNG and PIC1.PNG.
- Several changes and additions in fbanext-ps3.XML.
- Compatible with MAME ROM and NEO GEO.
Changes and use:
- Capcom CPS-1
- Capcom CPS-2
- Capcom CPS-3
- Neo Geo
- Sega System 1, System 16 (and similar), System 18, X-Board and Y-Board
- Taito F2, X, Z and others
- Psikyo 68EC020
- Data East DEC-0, DEC-8 and DECO IC16 based games
- Galaxian based hardware
- Irem M62, M63, M72, M90 and M92 hardware
- Kaneko 16
- Toaplan 1
- Toaplan 2
- Miscellaneous drivers for lots of other hardware
How to Load the ROM From Internal HDD
- Fixed black screen before the first time: The first time you start the emulator gave black screen forcing the user to restart the console, if at least one ROM was not included in a directory the problem could not be resolved and therefore we have solved this problem. This generated an XML file (options) that serves to launch the ROM and the configuration menu. We solved this problem by making sure that the file of the setup menu is already there, ready to take you into the emulator menu where you can start your ROM.
- Changed the icons on display in XMB.
- Place different directory for placement of ROM.
"/ Dev_hdd0 / roms" This directory can be exploited to the start of the ROM menu FBANext.
You have to create the folder "roms" in lower case, and upload the folder "/ dev_hdd0 /". You can do this from Filezilla or other FTP server by creating it directly.
"/ Dev_hdd0 / ROMS / fba" This directory can be exploited for the boot ROM of the column back to multiMAN, you must position the ROM folder "fba".
You have to create the folder "ROMS" in uppercase and the folder "fba" in tiny inside "ROMS" folder "fba" you can load your ROM .zip.
From external HDD or USB
Create a folder "roms" in an external HDD or USB, you are going to charge your ROM .zip. This will launch the ROM menu FBANEXT.
We tried to create the directory to start the ROM from multiMAN through external devices but these were not seen we will try to better understand why and if we do another version.
All ROM MAME and NEO GEO must be loaded in .zip format, it is to be noted that the best compatibility we found for the ROM MAME, in any case many ROM could prove not compatible or even some are not even views from ' emulator. This is not a problem but the emulator itself well by the manufacturer of the ROM, we found greater compatibility from manufacturers such as: Taito corporation, Tecnos Japan, Capcom, Sega, SNK, Namco, Konami and Tad, other manufacturers do not seem to be compatible emulator FBANext.