October 27, 2012 // 8:00 pm
- Today the E3 Team
announced they (and likely several other teams) will be releasing a PS3 CFW v4.30 for 'free' soon (since the PS3 LV0 / Bootldr / Appldr Keys
etc are in the wild) with their own Game Manager as well.
Download: E3 CFW 4.30 PUP
/ E3 Manager 4.30
/ E3 CFW 4.30 and manager.zip
/ E3 Fun Flash Downgrade Process
E3 CFW 4.30.pup (192.2 MB - 201,540,219 bytes)
MD5 .PUP: 6FB3A01F02A1EE97178241D9B38DA49E
E3MANAGER430.pkg (11.3 MB - 11,885,312 bytes)
MD5 .PKG: F3B12BDCC400078A12683C9EDF83ADB8
: An anonymous user called Soon
has shared PS3 LV0 for 4.30 / 4.25 and LV2 of 4.21 decrypted, and with his LV0 4.25, LV2 4.25 and LV0 4.30 dumped & decrypted (below) and states that the E3 CFW should not be installed.
Download (Passwords Removed): lv0_430_decrypted.rar
/ PS3 LV0.elf Decrypted
/ PS3 4.30 VSH.self Decrypted
Mirrors: LV0 4.25 Dump Decrypted
(Password: soonconsolecrunch) / LV2 4.25 Dump Decrypted
/ LV0 4.30 Dump Decrypted
To quote (via consolecrunch.com/lv0-4-25-lv2-4-25-and-lv0-4-30-dumped-decrypted/) are: Ok guys let's take a big step there is the lv0 4.25 decrypted (elf) you should able to find the keys for the lv2/lv1/appldr
Boot Loader SE Version 4.2.5 (Build ID: 4859,49406, .Build Date: 2012-09-10_13:48 :01)..SDK Version
And here's some cool info:
- The people WHO don't have the E3 don't install the cfw 4.30 it lock you to 4.30 and you can go back to older firmware without e3
- The E3 team patch the Lv0 of the 4.30 and i saw no really good things about it... careful seriously
- Ok let's give more stuff after the Lv0 4.25 decrypted, the LV2 dump 4.21, here the LV0 4.30 decrypted too
- Again i recommend to not install the E3 4.30 firmware they lock you and they patched the LV0 badly that to force you to use the E3 product in the future
Additional Information: The files are said to contain..
- Boot Loader SE Version 4.2.5 ...(Build ID: 4859,49406, .Build Date: 2012-09-10_13:48 :01)........SDK Version
- 4.2.5 sys.lv0.version. 4859 sys.lv0.revision sys.lv0.address. sys.lv0.size sys.flash.fmt sys.flash.ext sys.flash.boot sys.wake_source. sys.ac.sd sys.ac.misc sys.qaf.qafen sys.hw.config sys.hw.config_ve rsion sys.hw.model_emu late sys.cellos.flags sys.cellos.spu.c onfigure sys.ac.misc2. sys.sata.param sys.ac.product_c ode sys.boot.gos
- Boot Loader SE Version 4.3.0 ...(Build ID: 4878,49489, .Build Date: 2012-10-17_17:48 :21)........SDK Version
- 4.3.0...sys.lv0. version.4878
PS3 4.30 VSH.self Decrypted (from above) by PatrickBatman
details, as follows:
4.30 VSH.elf - Old way to patch vsh.self was... Dont know this still applies:
[Register or Login to view code]
Patch vsh.self by youself for new CFW
[Register or Login to view code]Update
: From their page: 2012-10-28
The E3TEAM has released the latest E3 CFW4.30 for free. The bricking issue has been improved. Just download here
/ Mirror #2
) and enjoy. (Pass is www.e3-tech.net
Here we mention to E3 flasher users that you do not need to solder a wire to use the latest upgrade.bin file to unbrick a console.
- You still need to be on CFW v3.55 or OFW v3.55 to install this new CFW v4.30 from the E3 Team.
- It is best if downgrading to follow the normal steps and dehashing like with Rogero just to be sure of no bricks.
- E3 will be releasing an upgraded E3 Flasher 'update.bin' (firmware) to handle direct downgrading to CFW v4.30. (Beware: Their hardware required, just one of many strings now disclosed)
From their page (now removed as they claim they weren't ready yet
1: E3TEAM released the latest E3 CFW4.30 free, it's improved the brick problem. We will release the new game manager if none brick matter happen. Just download here
(dead link now) and enjoy. (PASS is www.e3-tech.net
Here we mention E3 flasher user that you needn't solder wire with latest upgrade.bin file to unbrick console.
From IRC comes some common sense: [+impacted
] wow, one step solution for e3, release a cfw, brick a few consoles, sell a few flashers
Not sure why anyone would want to use a for-profit commercial company's free "bait" (with undisclosed strings attached) PS3 CFW and Game Manager (likely 'locked' to their CFW) over a truly free and open-source
PS3 scene one though, as they could pwn, brick and lock your PlayStation 3 console at any time and you would be at their financial mercy to get it fixed, updated, etc similar to how people didn't fall for the recent BlueDisk CFW
If they truly wanted to help the PlayStation 3 scene they would simply release updated PS3 MFW scripts
so people could make their own PS3 4.30 Custom Firmware without the need to worry about hidden DRM bundled in or downloading 170+MB files.