- Following up on our initial release
, we (Tidusnake666
) have now finally been able to fix Disgaea 4 Translation dialogue bugs.
That means, that apart from some menu entries, the game is all in English text
(we decided to exclude sound patching option, because it's still asynched, so you'll have Japanese voices - if you don't like them - turn them off
Yeah, you've read it right, now everyone can enjoy story! Dialogues, items, skills, pretty much everything is translated!
0. Make a backup of your Disgaea 4 JAP game (BLJS-10095), and place it somewhere, preferably on the root of the drive (there's no spacebar nor special chars problems, but it's more convinient this way), i.e - "C:\BLJS10095"
1. Donwload patcher (Pre-beta version
, extract it somewhere and run D4Trans.exe
2. Ensure "Translate EBOOT" is checeked and the default START.DAT patching method is checked ("1: Glyphicate all"). Later, if you'll have some troubles you can always repatch it.
3. CLick "START!" and choose location of your Disgaea 4 dump. Patcher has a lot of fool-proff functions, so it won't accidently patch the wrong version or mess your game
NOTE: backups will be created: "START.OLD" and "EBOOT.OLD" (If you choose to patch it). Please, do NOT delete them, it may be required in future, although you can always dump your game once again.
4. Wait till everything finishes, and you'll get "Done!" message. You can now copy your game back and play it partially in English!
4* If you want English cutscenes and Main Menu, you may overwrite your's Japanese "ANM.DAT", ANM_HI.DAT", "BG.DAT", "BU.DAT", "Dis3_0.dat"
with US version equivalents (if you happen to also have an US version of the game)
EXTRA - START.DAT PATCHING OPTIONS:
0: DO NOT PATCH - No patching to START.DAT will be made;
1: Glyphicate all - Default and recommended option. Best if you're starting a new game. If you have already played alpha version of this patch and would like to play with existing save (continue playing), please note, that you *may* experience some bugs (untested), although we tried hard that you won't. If you see some, please, report and repatch to one of the options below.
2: Glyphicate only talk.dat - use it if you have troubles with options above, or you want to be on the completely safe side when continuing playing from the old saves. Apart from talk.dat, other files remain as they were in alpha version.
3: SJIS-patch talk.dat - Select this if modified fonts gives crashes or freezes. All chars from talk.dat will be substituted by SJIS equivalents. Apart from talk.dat, other files remain as they were in alpha version.
4: Use alpha-version files - Uses old good alpha version files with most of the bugs fixed. Use it if the above options give you constant crashes.
NOTE: If you haven't saw any changes after patching the game, please reboot PS3, start any BD-Game (to clear the game cache) till the main menu, exit and try to load Disgaea 4 again.
NOTE2: It's still WIP, if you know/want to help us, or just say "thanks!" please do so at PS3News.com, we'll be glad!
(for his helping hand in translation), Bakaboy
(for awesome D4Pack), leenfox
(for some file translations).
- None for now, except some portions of the menu not translated.
[Register or Login to view code]